REVAN [Spoilers included]

randalthorr

Just finished it, in time for Early access. if I do get in tomorrow that is.

However, in regards to the book, I had seen a whole lot of unsatisfactory reviews for the book before the forum wipe. I am unfortunately one of them now. To me REVAN>BAne>Vader. And this book just stinks. They make him out to be some old dude who is in the latter stages easily betrayed by someone who had trouble killing a freaking droid at the start of the book. Maybe Scourge was a strong sith, but the way he was portrayed felt like he was way below Revan. Malgus was infinitely stronger in comparison. I dont know, I just finished reading it and thought Ill share it before going to bed.

Not sure if this would go under lore discussion forum or Star Wars discussion forum. Pardon if its in the wrong area.

I wonder... who cares. I think people would rather experience this in the game if that is actually going to happen.

He posted in the story and lore section, so you should learn to keep your pathetic negative comments to yourself.

I have mixed feelings about the book, I don't feel Revans power is consistent, at some points he is uber powerful and the next min he seems to be weak. I am a huge Revan fan, and have been since I played KOTOR back in the day.

I don't think the book was bad, I really enjoyed it but I dont think it done Revan justice.

He posted in the story and lore section, so you should learn to keep your pathetic negative comments to yourself.

I have mixed feelings about the book, I don't feel Revans power is consistent, at some points he is uber powerful and the next min he seems to be weak. I am a huge Revan fan, and have been since I played KOTOR back in the day.

I don't think the book was bad, I really enjoyed it but I dont think it done Revan justice.

I'm not "pathetic", I'm realistic. If people truly cared about the Lore they wouldn't go to a thread and read about it. They would play the game and experience it there. Also, is it wrong of me to question whether or not people cares? I think not. Don't be so negative.

For me it depends on where the game is going to take it next. It's disheartening for Revan (and the Exile too, for that matter) to have been beaten by the Empire the way they were, but since he's left in stasis it's obviously a setup for something to happen in the game. Honestly, I think the whole point of the novel is to give an explanation for why Revan can still be alive in the SWTOR timeline.

Spoiler here for quest in Dromund Kaas:

The "Revanites" questline in Dromund Kaas suggests the possibility that Revan has taken over as emperor. The way the novel left it, that could have happened, or it could be that Revan, strengthened by Meetra Surik (the Exile), is controlling the emperor through the force.

These possibilities are pretty interesting, so if SWTOR does something cool and interesting with Revan, it will go a long way to make up for what happened in the novel.

For me it depends on where the game is going to take it next. It's disheartening for Revan (and the Exile too, for that matter) to have been beaten by the Empire the way they were, but since he's left in stasis it's obviously a setup for something to happen in the game. Honestly, I think the whole point of the novel is to give an explanation for why Revan can still be alive in the SWTOR timeline.

Spoiler here for quest in Dromund Kaas:

The "Revanites" questline in Dromund Kaas suggests the possibility that Revan has taken over as emperor. The way the novel left it, that could have happened, or it could be that Revan, strengthened by Meetra Surik (the Exile), is controlling the emperor through the force.

These possibilities are pretty interesting, so if SWTOR does something cool and interesting with Revan, it will go a long way to make up for what happened in the novel.

Jedi Knight kills Emperor. Emperor is not Revan.

The book itself was a good read. Apologies for wording it the wrong way. I found it quite entertaining to read, though it could have been due to the familiar characters. I found it quite disappointing that Darth Revan and Malak were nothing but mere puppets. Thats not precisely how its portrayed but nevertheless, it felt hollow. The book does establish Revans strength in will, as towards the end he seems to be able to manipulate the emperor himself. And Revans unique ability to use both sides of the force should have had him anticipate betrayal since that seems to be the signature style of the dark side.

Regardless, I definitely need to re-read it to form a more complete opinion.

if SWTOR does something cool and interesting with Revan, it will go a long way to make up for what happened in the novel.

Apparently the way its handled in the game is pretty sucky. Hopefully they have a real meaty update with Revan in it during the later stages, if that is the case.

I found it quite disappointing that Darth Revan and Malak were nothing but mere puppets. Thats not precisely how its portrayed but nevertheless, it felt hollow.

I like this idea, it strengthens Revan, he needs to have come up against true power to be truly powerful himself. I also think it was stated in the book somewhere that although Revan and Malak fell to the dark side due to the Emperor dominating their minds, they(or at least Revan)broke free of that and pursued his own goals as Dark Lord of the Sith.

All through KOTOR I & II people kept saying "something happened" to them in the unknown regions. It was always very intriguing and I am happy with the explanation that they were both initially completely overwhelmed by someone so powerful but that in itself also made them stronger.

Revans understanding of the Force was brilliant, and I feel the book didn't do him justice and it should have showed more of him using both the light and the dark together to fight the emperor.