[Poll] What UI improvements are the most important to you?

recsa

With the incoming changes to UI (thx BW) i have think on setting up this poll, please keep it constructive, its a multi-choice poll, but do not tick every single choice or it will be totally useless.

You can vote here

If choosing the "Other" option, please post what would you add/improve

So far:

What UI improvements are the most important to you?

More quickslot bars 11% (39)

Ability to reposition every UI frame 16% (58)

Resizable UI frames 12% (46)

Spatial chat in bubbles 7% (26)

Combat Log 17% (64)

Third party Add-ons 15% (57)

Macros 13% (49)

GTN window redone 7% (26)

Other (pls specify in post) 1% (5)

Total votes: 370

Edited by recsa

I've said this a few times already and i will never get tired of saying it.

Its 2012 we have a long history of MMo's and their UI's , the standard UI elements and all its details has been invented,accepted and approved by millions of gamers years ago.

You don't have to think or improvise on the standard features that are blatantly missing from swtor, the wheel is round and not hexagonal.

Furthmore since everyone is different custom UI's and mods are the default improvement over this basic UI, end of story.

I've said this a few times already and i will never get tired of saying it.

Its 2012 we have a long history of MMo's and their UI's , the standard UI elements and all its details has been invented,accepted and approved by millions of gamers years ago.

You don't have to think or improvise on the standard features that are blatantly missing from swtor, the wheel is round and not hexagonal.

Furthmore since everyone is different custom UI's and mods are the default improvement over this basic UI, end of story.

100% agree, but then you stomp with reality, BW took a diferent path and from their words, seems that opening API for 3ed party is very very very low on its priorities, so we need them to put basic stuff in the UI asap (macros, reposition, resize, combat log ...)

why would anyone want 3rd party add-ons lol, game has too many baddies, i guess.

Even if you dont like 3ed party addons, you should want them in game (at least thats my opinion) because opening the API to 3ed party menas lots of sites appear with a developers and followers comunity that helps keep the game alive.

Other then being able to move things around, really the most important thing I hope/wish/pray that I could do is to unhook my portrat (sp) and the target portrat so I can move them off my hotbar and around the screen.

Secondly, I really wish I could set up my hotbar to look like this...

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

It would be easier for me to group things together the way I want, thus givig me easier acess to my abilities.

Other then being able to move things around, really the most important thing I hope/wish/pray that I could do is to unhook my portrat (sp) and the target portrat so I can move them off my hotbar and around the screen.

Secondly, I really wish I could set up my hotbar to look like this...

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

It would be easier for me to group things together the way I want, thus givig me easier acess to my abilities.

That has been my bars setup forever, i got really pissed not being able to do it in SWTOR, not to mention the side bars are always hiden by other windows.

I'd like to see the UI bars more flexible like they are in City of Heroes. Let me put them anywhere on my screen. Let me choose between 10x1, 5x2, 4x3, etc.

Also, let me see my companion's entire bar without it having to be in place of one of mine.

At the least, I'd love to be able to have 4 bars at the bottom instead of just two.

If the flexibility were there, I think I'd have 3 bars on the bottom right and two on the bottom left, one of them being my companion's full bar. The 4 powers only bit annoys the heck out of me.

To be honest, patch 1.3 will have all the UI improvements that I need- scaling and movable frames.

Wait to see it and then rest, from what i saw in the video, the changes are ... way far from expectations and far from the minimum needed in a modern MMO.

But im possitive, i have 100% faith BW will make it somewhere along the road

Interresting results so far:

What UI improvements are the most important to you?

More quickslot bars 11% (42)

Ability to reposition every UI frame 16% (62)

Resizable UI frames 13% (51)

Spatial chat in bubbles 7% (28)

Combat Log 17% (66)

Third party Add-ons 15% (61)

Macros 13% (51)

GTN window redone 7% (29)

Other (pls specify in post) 1% (5)

Total votes: 395

This doesn't exactly say that any one is "in the lead", even less that any one is a "must have" according to the voters. It's a multiple option vote. So if anything was in the realm of "must have", you'd expect it to be well over 50%. Yet, not a single option comes anywhere close to that. Since it's a multi-option, the results actually show something radically different instead.

89% isn't too bothered about having more quickslot bars or not.

84% doesn't really care that they can't reposition every single UI frame.

87% doesn't mind that they can't resize UI frames.

93% seems to have chatbubbles floating above peoples heads turned off anyway.

83% doesn't worry about the lack of a combat log.

85% is already happy without third party addons.

87% doesn't bother with macro's.

71% thinks the GTN windows are fine as they are.

99% can't even think of any other UI components that need improvement.

395 people could've voted for all if they really felt it all these things needed improvement, but it seems they're actually mostly fine with things as they are.

Now I'm sure the vocal minority will get wind of this soon enough and start selecting it all. :rolleyes:

i want clear indication of proc-based ability, not just a buff sink with other buff

i want a better vision of my ressource bar (energy, ammo...) so i know can decide what ability optimal next.

i want target of target

everything i want can be solve with addons

Re sizable, movable UI frames (*complete. Guild Wars 1 already has this and it was very simple resource wise.) I'd also like to turn off the portraits in the UI and quickslot bar or just generally make it all 'simpler.'

TARGET OF TARGET. *BAM

Combat logs. (yeah people do wanna stroke their DPS meters.)

Addons. (make a lot of healers lives easy.)

Edited by Drakkenfeur