Suggestion: custom "Merciless Combat Headgear"

Shoujinz

In the patch 1.2 many crafted items which previously had just stats have been transformed into custom items having modifications instead of built-in stats.

Unfortunately, this was not the case for this piece of Armortech craftable: Merciless Combat Headgear.

I believe it has one of the most awesome headgear models and I would really like to use it on my character. Is there any chance that this item also becomes custom?

Screenshot here:

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/screenshots/14443.jpg

Second that!

This (and it's sibling Light Battle Headgear) is the most awesome head-piece in game since it doesn't obscure face features or mimics that were so painstakingly built by developers.

Companions still can't be rendered without helmets, can they?

It actually shares the model with green IA quest reward "Lacqerous Battle Headgear"

I was dismayed to find out that orange craftable "Lacqerous Battle Headgear" has nothing to do with this awesome 3D model

Edited by Antiqua

Yes, that schematic really needs to be available as an orange.

There are other models not available as oranges too, but this is one of the most striking,

I really do not get why there are not oranges for every look.

Has anyone tried crafting and reverse engineering this up to purple quality to see if the tooltip actually says "no research available"?

I read somewhere that orange schematics are a rare chance from reverse engineering craftable purple items (might be totally wrong though)...

/crossfingers

• 1 month later...