Character Recustomization

althene

The idea that this will not be something frequently used is obviously false ... the unify colours option is a major feature that this game has over others and this game is very "altoholics friendly. Altoholics will flock to this feature and pay repeatedly - I just rerolled a gunslinger because I decided I did not like his looks anymore. I would happily have paid to redact them. Having your character maintain a look matters to us, believe me. It does not matter so much perhaps to the non-RP, end game only set, but there are more than enough of us to justify the time to add it into the game as a paid feature.

I'd just like to reiterate that just because someone is willing to pay for something, doesn't mean they should.

If you're 3 days into the Sahara and your water supply ran out 2 days ago, you'd pay anything for a drink. However it would be criminal for someone to actually charge you money. Or similarly, give you the water for free but charge you an exorbitant sum for the glass.

While that would constitute an extreme example, EA has decidedly demonstrated this way of thinking in the past. Furthermore, this is NOT the direction I want them to take their f2p model.

I've said it before but it bares repeating: minor cosmetics for in game currency, major changes such as race and gender for hard cash (cartel coins). To supplement this potential "loss" in revinue they could easily sell character customization packs along the some lines as the current cartel packs. They'd contain new character feature unlocks that you can use at the "barber/surgeon" vendor. In this way they keep players happily invested in their characters and still make money on the side.

Edited by althene

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, I'd love it to be a free feature, but if it gets it added any faster I'd be more than happy to pay for a recustomization, given it's not a ridiculous price. A few of the main characters I want to play I'm sick of their apperance and I'd love nothing more than to change them, price or not.

When is this thread going to get a BW response?!!?!?!

5 Star thread, 204 responses and still no BW input.. makes me sadface.

Actually, I did recieve feedback based on a personal message I sent to Allison. I'd posted about it soon after recieving it. It basically stated they're "aware of it". Her response indicated she would run it by the dev team for some kind of feedback, but she and they may (should) be busy quite a bit. I agree that some type of official post would be nice, but it could simply put someone in the line of fire for the forum hit squads.

I maybe am a psycho but i re-leveled about 5-6 inquisitors because i was disappointed how they turned to look like at dark side lvl 5. One time a poorly chosen complexion made my would be perfectly pale toon look like it's covered in yellow mud, etc. And you cant even know for sure how will your character will look exactly at lvl 5 dark side until you reach it. I support the idea wholeheartedly!

SO many times +++ to this... I must have literally created hundreds of toons trying to create a perfect char for each class with various facial/bodytype/race/sex/name etc., sooo much real time spent in vain.. Just imagine how many $$$ EAWare could have received from me. Still can though, it's completely up to them if they're happy with just new Jedi robes on CM.

+1 for this idea.

Recently created a new vanguard to a male rattataki because I could really bored of the stupid cyborg female.

Would much rather have kept the original character, the titles, mounts and old pvp and just paid cartel coins to change the look.

*SIGNED*

We definitely need something like this for our characters.

I don't think a species change option would necessarily work but I would like to see basics like, hairstyle, skin colour etc....It would add to immersion...

Imagine you had just taken out a major boss, wouldn't it be cool to add a scar to your face and say you got that in the last battle? A bit of an RP angle maybe and might be laughable to some people but what I am saying is about customization, and really personalizing your character to your mood or whim.

Just another facet that will keep the community happy I think.

Howdy!

I love the idea of a barber shop feature; we've kicked the idea around a great deal internally. I especially love the idea of being able to add scars to your character as you level (or maybe even change your human to a cyborg because he took too much battle damage!).

We have a 'sort of' reply, then. Not stating/promising anything, but at least we know that smne in the team supports this and 'kicks it around internally'..

OP! Pls copy ur post on Cartel Market Suggestions forum: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=415 :)

I would except for the fact tht I'm adamantly opposed to making character recustomization a cartel store exclusive. I'm 100% in favor of some things like race and gender and an overall character overhaul being a cartel thing, but there has to be a wallet friendly option for players that just want to tweak things a little.

Basically, outside race, gender and complete makeovers, there's no reason not to simply make this type of thing a credit sink. We've already seen a good deal of inflation since the launch of the game and credits simply aren't that hard to come by. If you want to be a type 4 body one week and then role play that your character thinks they're too heavy and wants to farm credits for surgical/dietary assistance, I say more power to you. And more power to EAWare for appealing to us as gamers and not wallets with feet.

While we're at it, I would KILL to be able to roll a Sith Assassin with Sith Warrior tatoo's unlocked via legacy. I've been itching for something like this since the launch of Legacy actually. Could we get this as a feature along with the barber shop at some point? Pretty please? Pretty pretty pretty please!? With a cherry on top? :D