An example of how unpolished endgame is

Seriously guys... its a huge MMO and only a few weeks old. Need I remind you that the biggest MMO in history launched with NO END GAME CONTENT... WoW on release was still developing their end game stuff when the game launched and told us so at launch. It wasnt a big deal because they released a couple of things a few weeks later but the game was so broken the 1st 3 weeks it didnt matter (lag made it unplayable and you couldnt even loot things during peak hours).

Give them a break. The team needs to make money to keep producing. The more the make the better the game will become. That said, the more pressing issue should be economy (we basically dont have 1) and things that factor into it like tradeskills and such. I have no doubt that they will provide more end game content, fix bugs and make the game function better all round but the economy may not be salvageable given the current mechanics.

Your memory fails you. I was actually there; hit 60 a week or so after launch and was doing 40man UBRS clears by the 1st or 2nd week of December 2004. We started doing both Molten Core and Onyxia before new years. WoW released with the same amount of endgame raids (operations) as SWTOR: Molten Core (a full and complete raid) and Onyxia (a small raid with only 1 raid boss) vs Eternity Vault (a full and complete raid) and Karagga's Palace (a small raid with only 1 raid boss). To be fair, BW is adding two new flashpoints and 3-4 new bosses in Karagga with the upcoming 1.1 patch which is already bigger than the mini content patch that Blizzard put out a month after its MMO launch (Maraudon - 1 instance).

When it comes to individual instances/flashpoints, WoW released with a lot more content in that regard. However, one could make the argument that Bioware's flashpoints took more effort to create due to the nature of implementing voice acting.

In any case, most of the problems that are currently plaguing endgame can all easily be fixed within a few weeks worth of patches (perhaps less). The biggest hurdle that I foresee Bioware overcoming will be playing "catch up"; there are many modern MMO features that are simply not present at the moment, most noticeably:

* a combat log, which is huge. Forget damage meters, forget threat meters. Without a combat log, you're losing so much vital information. Combat logs would also make offsite parsing and logging available, another boon to endgame min-max players.

* addons/macros - this has been a hotly debated topic that I won't go too much into but in my opinion, it's a modern feature that a good amount of players just "expect" to be there when they come into a new MMO.

*LFD system - yet another hotly debated topic. The people against it clamor that it would destroy the community and claim that it only takes "5-10 minutes" to manually form a group when all other evidence seems to contradict this. I simply cannot think of a reason not to put this sytem in ASAP; make it draw players from your own server only if the developers fear it'll destroy the server community (which, I might add, is already fairly fragile due to the lack of server forums - another potential blunder by Bioware).

People always come up with the term "WoW clone" when it comes to SWTOR but in all honesty I could give a rat's *** about what copied what. When it all comes down to it, a game is a game and the only thing I truly care about is that it's an enjoyable, bugless one with modern MMO features.

Edited by Exertim

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with all of this. End game is extremely buggy. Same issues as many others. Couldnt do hard mode EV pillars last night due to the buttons breaking. Bonethrasher was not doable because after the first attempt it spawns you in front of him where he immediately cleaves the whole raid.

And if this game is going to have enrage timers, it really needs a combat log. I took in a group of newer 50's from our guild and we couldnt do Soa due to low dps and falling behind on traps. Thats fine, I'm not complaining about tuning. But what I am complaining about is not being able to look at a log or parse and figure out who was struggling so I could coach them. You CANNOT have dps checks without a combat log. Period, end of story.

I love how some defend broken content as if it is "acceptable"

I love how some people 'forget' that this game was pushed out before it was ready due to the massive, massive demand for it. I personally think that, given it was released early, they did a great job on it.

I also love how the game has officially been out less than a month and the people who rushed to endgame are whining. Guess what? Not everyone was stupid enough to rush to endgame, so not everyone is being affected by the few bumps there are.

Here's a thought: try alting for the next month, then see where things are.

In any case, most of the problems that are currently plaguing endgame can all easily be fixed within a few weeks worth of patches (perhaps less). The biggest hurdle that I foresee Bioware overcoming will be playing "catch up"; there are many modern MMO features that are simply not present at the moment, most noticeably:

* a combat log, which is huge. Forget damage meters, forget threat meters. Without a combat log, you're losing so much vital information. Combat logs would also make offsite parsing and logging available, another boon to endgame min-max players.

* addons/macros - this has been a hotly debated topic that I won't go too much into but in my opinion, it's a modern feature that a good amount of players just "expect" to be there when they come into a new MMO.

*LFD system - yet another hotly debated topic. The people against it clamor that it would destroy the community and claim that it only takes "5-10 minutes" to manually form a group when all other evidence seems to contradict this. I simply cannot think of a reason not to put this sytem in ASAP; make it draw players from your own server only if the developers fear it'll destroy the server community (which, I might add, is already fairly fragile due to the lack of server forums - another potential blunder by Bioware).

People always come up with the term "WoW clone" when it comes to SWTOR but in all honesty I could give a rat's *** about what copied what. When it all comes down to it, a game is a game and the only thing I truly care about is that it's an enjoyable, bugless one with modern MMO features.

All of these are aspects of the game that can very well destroy it if implemented improperly. BioWare can go the smart route and debate the issue internally, weigh the pros and cons and try to add the features in such a way that the negatives are minimal (or not add them at all) or they can go the route of some other MMOs and add things based on forum QQing, risking a self-destruct of their own game

This means these things will probably take some time to get put in if they get added at all

I don't see what OP wan't with this :)

I can easily say that WoW in the start where bugged aswell for example the +height and on mobs didnt work so doing for example Gnomeregan, Sunken temple and BRD was for a long time not so much fun :p

And alot more things

Please explain why you spelled "wants" the way you did.