[Question for the developers] Debuffs and Dispells types

GNWP

I watched a cleanse abilities of the healing classes, and I wondered what debuffs are considered as following:

1. Phisical
  2. Mental
  3. Force
  4. Tech

Especially, what kind of debuff is root effect from Electric Bindings(Sorserer's talent in the Lightning tree) and Force Wake(Sage's Telekinetics tree).

Because it is not removable nor with Dodge(Scounrel's ability which "removes all removable hostile effects") nor with Resilience(Shadow's abilities which also "removes all removable hostile effects"). Is it Mental effect or Phisical?! Is it actually removable? Is it a bug?!

Please, provide a clear accurate list of what abilities applies what effect. So players can understand which CC or DoT, or maybe other debuff is removable with what type of dispell, and what debuffs are not dispellable? Because in some cases it's not clear.

I think it is very important topic in the light of the upcoming 4x4 arenas.

Edited by GNWP
Fixed a title

Since certain cleanse ability can only remove certain debuffs, they should be colored coded on the icon, or icon border, so people know what is what.

That is like Debuff 101, but almost 20 months later its still missing from the game.

Great suggestion.

Since certain cleanse ability can only remove certain debuffs, they should be colored coded on the icon, or icon border, so people know what is what.

That is like Debuff 101, but almost 20 months later its still missing from the game.

I see we are still taking the chance to hijack every legitimate thread and complain. Good work there.

Also, that "debuff 101" feature you are commenting on is pretty new and even the great World of Warcraft didn't have it until it's 4th expansion. You were required to use tool tips and your brain until then. I hope the devs take note of your desire for the easiest and most mindless experience possible.

I watched a cleanse abilities of the healing classes, and I wondered what debuffs are considered as following:

1. Phisical
  2. Mental
  3. Force
  4. Tech

Especially, what kind of debuff is root effect from Electric Bindings(Sorserer's talent in the Lightning tree) and Force Wake(Sage's Telekinetics tree).

Because it is not removable nor with Dodge(Scounrel's ability which "removes all removable hostile effects") nor with Resilience(Shadow's abilities which also "removes all removable hostile effects"). Is it Mental effect or Phisical?! Is it actually removable? Is it a bug?!

Please, provide a clear accurate list of what abilities applies what effect. So players can understand which CC or DoT, or maybe other debuff is removable with what type of dispell, and what debuffs are not dispellable? Because in some cases it's not clear.

I think it is very important topic in the light of the upcoming 4x4 arenas.

I've played all 3 healing classes very often in pvp and have tried to learn what debuff can be cleansed by whom. Here's a list of what I believe constitutes the various types:

1. Bleeds like Vital Shot (GS) and the Annhi Mara's bleed effects can be universally cleansed. Burns like those of Watchman Sent can be universally cleansed. Memorize their debuff icons, because all debuffs with those icons can be cleansed regardless of the class applying them. They are all physical effects.
  2. Roots/Slows from Smuggler/IA and Trooper/BH can be cleansed by tech healers, ie: Merc/Commando and Scouperatives. They are tech effects.
  3. I am not entirely sure if the Sage/Sorc knockback root can be cleansed by force healers, but force-induced slows (Force Slow - Consular/Inquisitor) can be cleansed by force healers.
  4. Special abilities of tech classes like Sab Charge (GS) and Incendiary Round (Commando) can only be cleansed by tech healers. Certain tech abilities like Contingency Charges from the Saboteur tree in GS and Sticky Grenade (Commando) are not removable and hence, cannot be cleansed.
  5. Special abilities and DoTs of force classes like Mind Crush (sage) and Weaken Mind (Sage) can only be cleansed by force healers, ie: Sage/Sorc. They classify as force effects.
  6. Stealth saps are mental effects and can be cleansed
  7. Mezzes like Flash Grenade and Awe (Knight) can be cleansed.
  8. Hard stuns cannot be cleansed.
  9. SPECULATION: I don't remember whether or not I've tried this, but I am assuming that CC abilities like Force Lift and Concussion Round classify as physical/mental effects and can be cleansed. I haven't seen too many uses of these abilities in WZs to remember if I've tried cleansing them.

Bear in mind, I discovered all of this over the course of playing my healers. If there's more or if I'm mistaken about something, a more knowledgeable player is welcome to pitch in.

Let me know if you find this list helpful and you want me to go further in depth. I'll try to make a list of all cleansable abilities by each healing class.

Edited by TheHarvester

• 3 years later...
I've played all 3 healing classes very often in pvp and have tried to learn what debuff can be cleansed by whom. Here's a list of what I believe constitutes the various types:

1. Bleeds like Vital Shot (GS) and the Annhi Mara's bleed effects can be universally cleansed. Burns like those of Watchman Sent can be universally cleansed. Memorize their debuff icons, because all debuffs with those icons can be cleansed regardless of the class applying them. They are all physical effects.
  2. Roots/Slows from Smuggler/IA and Trooper/BH can be cleansed by tech healers, ie: Merc/Commando and Scouperatives. They are tech effects.
  3. I am not entirely sure if the Sage/Sorc knockback root can be cleansed by force healers, but force-induced slows (Force Slow - Consular/Inquisitor) can be cleansed by force healers.
  4. Special abilities of tech classes like Sab Charge (GS) and Incendiary Round (Commando) can only be cleansed by tech healers. Certain tech abilities like Contingency Charges from the Saboteur tree in GS and Sticky Grenade (Commando) are not removable and hence, cannot be cleansed.
  5. Special abilities and DoTs of force classes like Mind Crush (sage) and Weaken Mind (Sage) can only be cleansed by force healers, ie: Sage/Sorc. They classify as force effects.
  6. Stealth saps are mental effects and can be cleansed
  7. Mezzes like Flash Grenade and Awe (Knight) can be cleansed.
  8. Hard stuns cannot be cleansed.
  9. SPECULATION: I don't remember whether or not I've tried this, but I am assuming that CC abilities like Force Lift and Concussion Round classify as physical/mental effects and can be cleansed. I haven't seen too many uses of these abilities in WZs to remember if I've tried cleansing them.

Bear in mind, I discovered all of this over the course of playing my healers. If there's more or if I'm mistaken about something, a more knowledgeable player is welcome to pitch in.

Let me know if you find this list helpful and you want me to go further in depth. I'll try to make a list of all cleansable abilities by each healing class.

You have done the job swtor should have taken care of .. Great overview, extremely informative..