SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also worried about this :(

in preparation for United Forces. They will once again be online shortly after the United Forces update.

What will happen to my Legacy?

Legacy Name and Level

Since Legacy names are not unique, you will not lose a Legacy name as part of this process. However, if you have two Legacies which are brought together, the name and level of the highest level Legacy will be maintained.

Character Names

In most cases, nothing will happen to your character name. Names will only be impacted when there are two of the exact same name on the new United Forces server at which point a governing system determines which character has priority:

• Premium players (Subscribers) will have priority over Free-to-Play and Preferred Status players.
  • Highly played characters will have priority over characters with less play time.

To proactively offset unnecessary challenges around character names, we are initiating a process of removing names from long inactive accounts. Any character that has not logged in for 90-days or more which has not progressed beyond level 10 will be flagged to rename their character.

Edited by Tsillah

So far I am happy with this RoadMap.. and yes it makes sense.

I am sad that they are forced to merge servers. It's a sign of populatin drop but t least we are all getting into one big server.

Also happy about new PVP and GSF map and legacy bound components. This what we wanted and they seem to have listened.

Good job. Keep it up.

I don't think anyone will lose any characters with the merge.

any information about how the server merges will work? who is getting the guild or character name and if you have more than 50 characters on tow german servers fro example you'll have more than 50 on the new one? Edited by ultimarb

I was excited. Now...not so much.

People who play for story and/or companions get nothing out of this. Some of us have already waited 2 yrs for the return of our companions and LIs. There is next to nothing mentioned in this roapmap about them except "we're still thinking about it."

Thanks.

Also, I have characters on Shadowlands, Jedi Covenant and Ebon Hawk. They're all merged to the same mega server (another thing I give zero cares about), what happens to all my characters?

ETA: Also, am I understanding? The story will be continued in yet another flashpoint?

Edited by TinaLovesHan

Are you guys still doing double CXP on the week of October 10th like you originally planned or did that get pushed to the week of November 8th? Or are going to be getting two weeks of double CXP (no complaints here if so). Just looking for clarification. Edited by orangenkaiser

+ Really happy with the server merge. As a Progenitor player the population has really died down and this would save me a lot of time and CC.

+ Pleased with UC finally becoming legacy.

+ Happy with GSF getting some love!

- Disappointed that we won't get Nahut in 5.5.

- Disappointed that UC's are limited to Master operations (instead of also adding them to Veteran and Story at a lesser rate) while flashpoint farmers get UC's from crates.

Edited by Eli_Porter

It's... it's beautiful...

I was already expecting the op to not be finished this year, so while I'm disappointed that Scyva and Izax are pushed to "early 2018", I'm not surprised. Pretty excited about a lot of these changes - like UC gains from disintecrates, UC gains from NiM ops, and the friendly merge that won't stick me with Harb trolls :rak_04:

Only skimmed the Roadmap so far to post highlights for my guild, but looking forward to reading it in full - and seeing the implementation in the coming months! Bravo!

Hey folks,

Use this thread to discuss Keith's Roadmap, which you can find here. Let us know your thoughts, questions, and more.

Thanks!

-eric

Quite disappointing reading if I do say so myself, there are a few interesting items that are coming.., but nothing of what I expected, more usual trash, but some could prove useful.

I was excited. Now...not so much.

People who play for story and/or companions get nothing out of this. Some of us have already waited 2 yrs for the return of our companions and LIs. There is next to nothing mentioned in this roapmap about them except "we're still thinking about it."

Thanks.

Also, I have characters on Shadowlands, Jedi Covenant and Ebon Hawk. They're all merged to the same mega server (another thing I give zero cares about), what happens to all my characters?

Well, actually, people who play for story and companions DID get something. Didn't you read it? Raina Temple is coming back. Likely the least interesting LI they could have picked :rolleyes:

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Dev Post
So these new servers. I have toons on several servers, far too many than the up to now character limit I have. Will I loose them? Will I still be able to use them? Will I have to pay extra to be allowed to use them?.

Also as I have toons on different servers, do I lose all their legacies and have to merge them all into one?

Are you going to change the way companions that are potentially dead (to some) behave to those that did not kill them. I.E not make them irrelevant to those that choose to not kill them?

After the update you will be able to access and login into all of your characters, even if the update puts you above your maximum character limit on that server. You won't be able to create a new one until you go under the cap, but we won't stop you from accessing anything you can play prior to it.

-eric

After the update you will be able to access and login into all of your characters, even if the update puts you above your maximum character limit on that server. You won't be able to create a new one until you go under the cap, but we won't stop you from accessing anything you can play prior to it.

-eric

But you've actually lowered the cap from 52 to 50?

-eric

Love how he totally dodged the bricked companions part of that question xD Pro move. And why no news on the Arcann-mance? What exactly was supposed to be the "big" part of this roadmap? The server merge?

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I'm rather sad.

No new content for another month, Ashara is still not returning and I don't like "Darth Malus" name for my server.

No content, but suggestion to keep subscription just to keep characters' names :/

Also, merging servers = population must be really low now.

:/

• Dev Post
But you've actually lowered the cap from 52 to 50?

Nope! Does it say 50 somewhere? That would be in error if that is the case. In fact we are looking at raising those caps post-update, just nothing concrete to announce just yet on that front.

-eric

Based on your most recent feedback we are going to make additional changes which include the following:

Galactic Crate content improvements – we’re adding another slot in each crate that, no matter what Tier you’re in, grants a small chance to receive a higher tier Mod/Enhancement, Grand Chance Cube, CXP Buff, or CXP consumable.

This is NOT based on our Feedback.

In fact it is exactly the OPPOSITE of our feedback.

We asked for LESS RNG, not more.

Please stop lying to us.

All The Best