Tulak Hord chest piece : Front flaps issue

DarthVengeant

It has been discovered that this glitch is tied to an in game setting. Putting Character level of Detail on low is what makes it glitch, not graphics card, male or female, or body type..

UPDATED # 2!!! Please read bottom of this post

Here are some of the issues I am having with the front two flaps on the Tulak Horde chest piece.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/11m9a1l.jpg

Obviously, something is wrong with the front flaps. I went through ALOT to get this armor set and then unlock it, it isn't cheap, and I end up with it clipping and doing other odd things to ruin it. The front flaps seem to have a mind of their own and don't want to go where the rest of the armor goes. It seems the front two flaps actually stick out from the armor set instead of being sung against the body.

Please, fix this set. Or better yet, remove the two front flaps. I don't know what it is with you guys at Bioware and your flaps below the belt being attached to chest pieces, but it needs to stop. Problems like this would be avoided. It should be attached to belt or pants in the first place.

Thanx.

(PS: Toon is wearing the Covert Waist Energy belt and Magnificent Dancer bottoms. I have a few toons dressed the same way now and they all experience this problem with Tulak Hord chest piece flaps)

---------UPDATE AREA ----------

It has been discovered that the chest piece does not glitch on male toons. Only on female toons.

Here is proof : Male toon.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/oe1py.jpg

Female toon :

http://oi60.tinypic.com/11m9a1l.jpg

BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND!!!

-----------UPDATE # 2 -----------------

I just logged in and put my Character Detail to High and the flap isn't glitching anymore on any toon.

So this glitch is tied to an in game setting, putting Character level of Detail on low, not graphics card.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I seem to recall there being a problem like that far in the past.

I don't remember the set or how they fixed it.

There were horrible issues with the Calo Nord set, the pockets on the chestpiece were all over the place. They did fix that in the end. Hope they do the same here. Tulak Hord's the best armor set I've seen in quite a while.

There were horrible issues with the Calo Nord set, the pockets on the chestpiece were all over the place. They did fix that in the end. Hope they do the same here. Tulak Hord's the best armor set I've seen in quite a while.

Well, it's a popular set and it's a really visible bug so I'm sure they'll fix it relatively soon.

Yes, a guild member of mine was sitting cross-legged on his Helix Hyperpod mount yesterday and the front flap on this armour set made a huge triangle shape in front of him. It is definitely bugged.

Yes. With the images I presented in my OP, it is impossible to deny it being bugged/glitched.

Just hope a dev replies so we can get a heads up on a fix. I created a in game ticket Bug about the issue with a link to this thread.

Yup, the front flaps are definitely bugged. Legs completely clip through them while walking, and when drawing a lightsaber on a juggernaut the flaps stay where they are while the character leans forward...which means that the flaps retreat back into the character.

Also, the boots on female type 2 bodies are bugged terribly as well. The top ring part of the boots seem to stay the size they would be if they were on a male, so they're actually too large for the female legs. They form a strange floating hoop just below the knees, and that hoop clips through the back of the chestpiece.

I understand that bugs happen, but really - a high-profile item like this shouldn't have this many issues going into the game. And the fact that they're so rare makes it that much worse, as people are spending a decent chunk of credits getting these items (or cartel coins gambling to get them).

Acknowledgment that this has been recognized as an issue (both the chestpiece and the boots on type 2 females) would certainly be appreciated.

They have to fix such a rare/expensive items. I spent millions to get this set. I'm not even sure how hey release a set this broken. I say this since release, the hole art team for this game should be fired, for making only a few good looking sets and for releasing so many things bugged. GG bioware as always.:mad:

Yup, the front flaps are definitely bugged. Legs completely clip through them while walking, and when drawing a lightsaber on a juggernaut the flaps stay where they are while the character leans forward...which means that the flaps retreat back into the character.

Also, the boots on female type 2 bodies are bugged terribly as well. The top ring part of the boots seem to stay the size they would be if they were on a male, so they're actually too large for the female legs. They form a strange floating hoop just below the knees, and that hoop clips through the back of the chestpiece.

I understand that bugs happen, but really - a high-profile item like this shouldn't have this many issues going into the game. And the fact that they're so rare makes it that much worse, as people are spending a decent chunk of credits getting these items (or cartel coins gambling to get them).

Acknowledgment that this has been recognized as an issue (both the chestpiece and the boots on type 2 females) would certainly be appreciated.

Never knew that as I always use Type 1. It still bugs on body type 1 as well. It is just looking like this set got rushed out.

Yes, the cost of this set was imminence and we deserve some kind of reply do to the high profile of this set.

A dev replies about the glitch in Darth Sion's Pauldron skirt, but not this one.

Waiting...

That thread had some photos linked. Perhaps if someone links how bugged the Tulak Chest is, as well as the boots, someone from BW will reply.

I understand bugs happen sometimes, but agree a set like this, one that was advertised in a sense at the cantina events and highly anticipated, should not be bugged or have its clipping issues simply ignored.

In the past, with launch armors, "cloth" strips that hung down from a chest piece were generally between the legs, thus avoiding clipping when walking, or in combat stances. I don't understand why this set was made differently.

That thread had some photos linked. Perhaps if someone links how bugged the Tulak Chest is, as well as the boots, someone from BW will reply.

I understand bugs happen sometimes, but agree a set like this, one that was advertised in a sense at the cantina events and highly anticipated, should not be bugged or have its clipping issues simply ignored.

In the past, with launch armors, "cloth" strips that hung down from a chest piece were generally between the legs, thus avoiding clipping when walking, or in combat stances. I don't understand why this set was made differently.

Read my OP. I shows 5 photos.

Furthermore, it is TIME that Bioware understood the problem with attaching flaps and such to chest piece instead of belt or pants where they belong. I have created a few threads about attaching them to chest piece, having versions of armor sets without the flaps attached as well, and still they do it. Here we are, another chest piece with flaps attached to it that are below the belt and it's buggy....

Edited by DarthVengeant

Well, the boots got fixed, so that's nice. But the front flaps are still pretty terrible. Really no word at all that this is at least recognized as an issue? I know the forums can be a wretched hive of scum and villainy, but c'mon guys. At least let us know that you're aware of it.

• 5 weeks later...
Still not a single word from a dev about this....:eek:

Seriously doubt it is getting fixed. If the front flaps "stuck" to the legs instead of went through them, it would be one of the best Sith sets in the game.

As it stands, I think I will just sell mine. I was waiting for a fix, but I don't think they are going to do it, especially since the boots were done already.

Seriously doubt it is getting fixed. If the front flaps "stuck" to the legs instead of went through them, it would be one of the best Sith sets in the game.

As it stands, I think I will just sell mine. I was waiting for a fix, but I don't think they are going to do it, especially since the boots were done already.

Why wouldn't they fix it? They have fixed others. I would just like a response, that's all. Some acknowledgement that they are working on it. Working on one of the BEST chest pieces in the game that is glitched...

What kind of vid card do you have OP? Just wondering/

Explain what video card has anything to do with a glitched armor piece?

Edited by DarthVengeant

Because there are some issues in the game that occur with some cards and not with others. I have this set and have never seen it do any of what is presented in your pics. It was a simple question, and every piece of information is helpful, but I will refrain from inquiring in your future threads.