Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous

Galvetyce

That is your conclusion. Him being the strongest, doesnt mean he can always win againsnt anyone at any given time.

I see your point but this is a vs. thread meaning its a 1v1 with both Sidious and Malgus in their primes with no extra circumstances that could change the tide of the fight set out. Since there is none of that set out I have to go with their feats and abilities which Sidious roves to easily dominate and crush Malgus with.

Could there be a possible circumstance where Sidious would lose to Malgus. Well he got killed being thrown into a huge pit by Vader, so anything is possible. Are there any circumstances currently set out where Sidious would lose? No there are not, so I have to go with Sidious.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but this thread is a joke. For those of you who dont believe Sidious is the strongest sith (due to the movies or not taking GL statements or what not) i recommend reading "Dark Empire" which should clear up any doubt regarding Sidious being the most powerful (if it doesnt then youve just either proven yourself biased or need to catch up on your SW lore).

Malgus isnt even in the top15 when it comes to sith lords, (Darth Jadus and Emperor Vitiate sith from his own time period are both canonically confirmed to be stronger than Malgus). The only sith that is guaranteed to beat Sidious is Darth Nihilus and its not because Nihilus is stronger. Its because hes a living black hole that consumes all life touched by the force with only 3 canonically confirmed individuals with either a defense against or have survived his sever force/drain.

Since Malgus isnt a black hole or a force god like Abeloth or the celestials, Sidious wins easily.

You are rigth in 1 thing: This thread is a joke.

For those of you who dont believe that not always the strongest who wins, that's why sidious was stabbed in the back 2 times. You clearly don't understand the word "circumstances". If Darth Revan won't be stabbed in the back he would be the founder AND accomplisher of the rule of two, but because of the "circumstances" it happens, that this is now Darth Bane. Darth Vader could be the strongest being in the galaxy but because of the "circumstances" it happens that one is Darth Sidious.

I see your point but this is a vs. thread meaning its a 1v1 with both Sidious and Malgus in their primes with no extra circumstances that could change the tide of the fight set out. Since there is none of that set out I have to go with their feats and abilities which Sidious roves to easily dominate and crush Malgus with.

Could there be a possible circumstance where Sidious would lose to Malgus. Well he got killed being thrown into a huge pit by Vader, so anything is possible. Are there any circumstances currently set out where Sidious would lose? No there are not, so I have to go with Sidious.

^This. The OP asked:

Who is truly the more powerful between the two?

The obvious answer is Sidious. He didn't say what the scenario was. He didn't say that Sidious was torturing Luke Skywalker and Malgus was moving in from behind to back-stab him. He just asked who the more powerful was.

But even if he did put such a scenario up, there would be no point in discussing it as there's a good chance that no fight would exist, thereby making the thread pointless.

Wow, read through this whole thread.. A lot of knowledge here, haha. :D

I just have the knowledge from the movies, games, a little bit of EU and TCW-series but not at all that impressive so I'm not gonna argue anything.

Just thinking that both Malgus and Sideous "destroyed" the Jedi Orders in their own time. Malgus, albeit, did it with a full strike force of Sith and while the most powerful Jedi Masters of that age were away but still. I think we can all conclude that it wasn't just a couple of Jedi they defeated that day, and strongest in title or not, a Jedi Knight or Master, trained since childhood... You just don't brush those aside.

Sideous did it via his masterplan, not only Order 66 but also luring Anakin to his side and to distrust the Jedi Order.

So in their own ways, they brought down the Order and probably, yes, Sideous would win in a man-vs-man fight.

But given any other circumstances, things could be different, fun to think about, as that was what the OP meant by this post, I believe.

BTW: all this Obi-Wan hatred is just silly. How and why would you even hate on him? One of the strongest and coolest Jedi Masters, hands down for me. I'd go see his spin-off movie if they make it! Not looking forward to the new trilogy tho.

Naga Sadow and Darth Nox(even without the sith spirits) would eat him for breakfast,not to mention Tulak Hord.

I think that deserves to be put into the inquisitor jokes thread...

At least i hope thats a joke... I really do, because if its not i fear for your sanity...

People think the Rule of Two and The Jedi got weaker as time went on. Thats idiotic. They were the strongest force users in their respective orders for thousands of years.

A lot of People simply think that they got weaker because of one phrase used in a game, by Darth Traya saying "We are like children with toys compared to them" but that was different... What she meant was the current sith order was weak, many weaker fools joined forces to take on a strong sith to usurpe power, so a weaker sith replaced the strong, this weakened the order as time went on. However banite sith couldnt do that, all they could do was defeat their master with their own strength, and this made them ever more powerful as time went on...

Sidious would wipe the floor with Knox.

I have a sorcereress, so id love to go all fangirl and tell you that Knox or Sadow would wipe the floor with him, but its simply not true.

Sidious Was the most powerful sith in history, maybe not the most powerful Force user but he was certainly, undeniably, the most Powerful Sith Lord in history

/thread

Ok I have a few questions here. I've read a lot of EU books but I've never read one that went into great detail about the various lightsaber styles that Jedi/Sith have mastered. Can anyone recommend a good book that covers this subject?

I dont know one that goes through all of them, they really are all pieced together via multiple books... Reading the wookieepedia pages on the 7 styles of the Jedi order is probably the best place to start, the 7 style of the jedi were the most used and were as follows:

Form 1 - Shii-Cho

Form 2 - Makashi

Form 3 - Soresu

Form 4 - Ataru

Form 5 - Shien

Form 6 - Niman/Jar'kai (From what i know, Jar'kai is Niman with dual sabers as used by Aayla Secura and Asaaj Ventress among others, correct me if im wrong)

Form 7 - Juyo/Vapaad, Vapaad used in the time of the clone wars, Created by mace windu, channels the darkside within the jedi, their greatest weakness, into their saberform. Took a very strong will to master and use without falling into agression and the path of the darkside.

Ok I have a few questions here. I've read a lot of EU books but I've never read one that went into great detail about the various lightsaber styles that Jedi/Sith have mastered. Can anyone recommend a good book that covers this subject?
The Wookie pages that Selenial suggested are good, but if you want that in a condensed readable form I'd suggest The Jedi Path which pretty much outlines all that as well as the Marks of Contact and other info.

Or even better, check out our local Historian's threads! All the lightsaber forms are there as well as the marks of contact. Go Aurbere! :D

Edited by Beniboybling

The Wookie pages that Selenial suggested are good, but if you want that in a condensed readable form I'd suggest The Jedi Path which pretty much outlines all that as well as the Marks of Contact and other info.

Or even better, check out our local Historian's threads! All the lightsaber forms are there as well as the marks of contact. Go Aurbere! :D

Dammit you beat me :(

Jut finished reading them Myself and was about to link them :p

I have a sorcereress, so id love to go all fangirl and tell you that Knox or Sadow would wipe the floor with him, but its simply not true.

Who the hell cares about that anyway? why cant you go fangirl?! is that a sin now?

besides truth in this matter is very overrated. It isnt this canon facts that decide a fight, never. Its always the plot devices and the call made by those who can make it whataver the fans think is the more powerfull.

I think Kreia meant what she said btw she wasnt talking about the strengh of the sith order in its whole she was talking about a very specific thing. But the fans will always interpret the way they want anyway. The fans are always influenced but the works they know and like, regardless of the undenyable truth that its all a matter of opinion of what if scenarios. Because thats the nature of storytelling. Even the more powerfull dont win always even the more powerfull have weakness, wich makes the whole powerfull being rather subjective. You see star wars isnt dragon ball z where the power of Hero or character can be measured by number and the more powerfull cant ever be beaten.

I think this threads are so silly. because there is no way of knowing for sure.

Heh heh heh, more Aurbere prestige for me! :p

Oh, you guys! :o

Edit: Back on topic, Sidious wins. Force Lightning, superior dueling skills, take your pick. Really, Malgus has no chance. We can ignore Dark Empire (and the countless other sources) and just use Revenge of the Sith to prove it. He beat Yoda, the most powerful Jedi pre-Luke.

Edited by Aurbere

Do I really need to show proof? Are people really gonna be that ignorant of Sidious's power and say he loses to this guy? Now I know Malgus has shown some impressive stuff, but not anywhere near the level of Sidious. I can't believe this has gone on for 7 pages. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Do I really need to show proof? Are people really gonna be that ignorant of Sidious's power and say he loses to this guy? Now I know Malgus has shown some impressive stuff, but not anywhere near the level of Sidious. I can't believe this has gone on for 7 pages.

Proof? All the proof in the world won't stop people from saying 'he got killed by a half dead cyborg!'

It is sad that this has gone on for so long. /sigh

Proof? All the proof in the world won't stop people from saying 'he got killed by a half dead cyborg!'

It is sad that this has gone on for so long. /sigh

Yes due to overconfidence in thinking that Vader wouldn't turn on him. Infact, Vader only turned on him because of his love for his son and you know what else? Even if Vader killed Sidious, Sidious still killed Vader...so...ya.

Yes due to overconfidence in thinking that Vader wouldn't turn on him. Infact, Vader only turned on him because of his love for his son and you know what else? Even if Vader killed Sidious, Sidious still killed Vader...so...ya.

Oh yeah, well... why can't Malgus do that? It's the same argument we see in the other Sidious vs. thread that is currently gracing this forum.

/sigh

Sidious is the most powerful Sith to have ever existed. Let me put it this way-

Malgus is a good. In fact, for his era, he is incredibly good. But Sidious has the advantage of a few thousand years of progression in Force techniques, abilities and Lightsaber styles. Which means his abilities will be way more advanced. It would be like pitching a member of the SAS armed with Claymores, a Barett .50cal and an assault rifle Vs. a soldier with a musket and basic shrapnel bombs from the Battle of Waterloo.

Secondly, Sidious has even more of an edge thanks to the Rule of Two, implemented by Bane. According to this rule, the Apprentice has to kill the Master. Which means the Apprentice has to become stronger than the Master. And this happened over, and over and over with each successive Apprentice learning a little more, becoming a little more powerful, until we hit Sidious. The most powerful of the lot. I mean, Sidious was able to drag himself back from the dead. Destroy entire fleets with a Force Storm. Mind control an entire planet. Oh! And move so fast that he couldn't be seen by the human eye. Malgus doesn't have a patch on that.

And if that isn't good enough for you? Well, George Lucas said it was so. Which does kinda make it final.

Ok, it's over.

Sidius wins. There is NO denying it. There were no scenarios, this was a question of who is stronger, and that, is, Sidius. Hands down.

The two gods of star wars lore, Beni and Aubere have both agreed on it.... So there :p

And to be honest, I don't care ow they interpret Kreias line, it all means the same thing, the weakness was of the current sith order, not the sith in general. My argument stands....

And to be honest, I don't care ow they interpret Kreias line, it all means the same thing, the weakness was of the current sith order, not the sith in general. My argument stands....

That line could be interpreted in many ways. We could even go so far as to say that she was speaking of the first Sith Lord* (King Adas), but that would be a lie. It was noted by the entire Sith race that Ajunta Pall was far and away Adas' superior, going so far as to call him the Blood Heir of King Adas. And Adas was not weak by any means (having personally kicked the Infinite Empire's hide before being killed).

I don't know where Kreia heard that the ancients were superior, but the above case clearly shows that skill and strength in the Force progresses with time. Malgus is thousands of years behind Sidious. During Sidious' time, lightsaber forms were incredibly advanced, and Sidious mastered each of them.

But really, only one piece of evidence should show Sidious' superiority: He defeated Luke Skywalker.

*Of course that is not what she said, but that's how we could interpret it if we really tried.

Edited by Aurbere

That line could be interpreted in many ways. We could even go so far as to say that she was speaking of the first Sith Lord* (King Adas), but that would be a lie. It was noted by the entire Sith race that Ajunta Pall was far and away Adas' superior, going so far as to call him the Blood Heir of King Adas. And Adas was not weak by any means (having personally kicked the Infinite Empire's hide before being killed).

I don't know where Kreia heard that the ancients were superior, but the above case clearly shows that skill and strength in the Force progresses with time. Malgus is thousands of years behind Sidious. During Sidious' time, lightsaber forms were incredibly advanced, and Sidious mastered each of them.

But really, only one piece of evidence should show Sidious' superiority: He defeated Luke Skywalker.

*Of course that is not what she said, but that's how we could interpret it if we really tried.

Since this is somewhat off-topic for this thread, I'd actually like to discuss this particular facet of lore in another thread. Namely, did those lightsaber techniques advance during the Rule of Two? It's quite possible that they did not.

Here's the thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=601686

One on One? Sideous would most likely win do to greater mastery.

But Malgus has a freakin army of Sith to call on, whereas Sidious has 1 apprentice and some force sensitive 'hands' (rule of 2 loophole I guess). So taking into account their allies, then Malgus has the advantage.

One on One? Sideous would most likely win do to greater mastery.

But Malgus has a freakin army of Sith to call on, whereas Sidious has 1 apprentice and some force sensitive 'hands' (rule of 2 loophole I guess). So taking into account their allies, then Malgus has the advantage.

Except for the fact that Sidious can disintegrate a legion of troops with his Force Lightning.