GSI Speeders can't be claimed from the Vendor

Transairion

I recently got all the Explorer parts out of the ground but every time I try and claim the Speeder (all the parts show up green and it gives me the Yes/No option to claim the Speeder) it comes back with:

"You cannot afford this item"

The Repulsorlift is the part bugging out since the rest of the items will shift in my inventory when I try and claim it, but the Repulsorlift won't move an inch so it isn't being claimed and is making it impossible to get the Speeder.

Didn't see any notes about fixing that bug in the Patch Notes today either :(

- I have Legend Reputation with GSI

- I have a boatload of credits

- I have all the correct parts for the Explorer

It isn't user error

Edited by Transairion

• Dev Post

Hi there Transairion,

Thanks for your report! In doing some research, I'm able to find several instances where others have been able to obtain this speeder from the GSI Vendor, so this currently sounds like something that may require Customer Support. Please be sure to file an in-game help ticket, rather than a /bug so that someone can help you with this.

For now, we'll leave this thread in the Bug Report forum, but if others don't confirm, it may be moved to the Customer Support forum. Thanks for your understanding!

On the off-chance it helps or makes a difference I obtained, gathered all of the GSI explorer parts 2 days ago and handed them in with no problem and am the proud owner of the speeder with no problems so it isn't everyone, perhaps something to do with the player in question. Edited by Buggs

I too had a similar issue with the GSI EMP-03 Explorer. I had all the parts needed, by digging and trading with other players to finally have all 4 parts. When i went to the Vendor, it took 2 parts originally and told me I can not afford it. Questioning the vendor, i repeated it. This time it took and returned 3 parts. Something else i noticed, was that the vendor had all 4 parts green, indicating i had all needed to be able to purchase it. I was not about to give up and continued trying and re inspecting every detail on why i could not buy it, and what could possibly prevent me from getting it. After hemming and hawing it over, the following day i sent the parts to an alt and was able to purchase it only then. And since its a Bind on Legacy item, I was able to send it to the intended toon.

I do have a question related to the speeder itself. Why could it not be added to a special category in the collections, so all alt's could buy it at a low price of either creds or cartel coins. It does seem to be one of the most sought after speeders, and the work to go into getting it and such pride on achieving it is so great. And I think it would be nice to have one toon's completion of acquiring all the parts could be rewarded as allowing the speeder to be used on all toons. similar to the HK-51. You go thru all the work to get him and all toons can benefit from him, after a small fee, of course.

• Dev Post

After looking into this a bit more, we have a more broad issue with some vendors being finicky with redeemable items, such as tokens, parts, and certificates, and the Cargo Hold. This includes them turning away eager customers when there are duplicates in both the Inventory Window and Cargo Hold (which is what is likely to be the issue in this case). Additionally, the vendors have been known to taunt customers by telling them that wares are affordable due to the needed tokens/parts/certificates being in the Cargo Hold, but then not allowing for a purchase.

If players still want to give the vendors their business after such rude treatment (as TRUE-MANDALORIAN pointed out) taking redeemable items from the Cargo Hold to the Inventory Window will satisfy the vendor and allow you to purchase as intended.

I would like to apologize on these vendor's behalf. We are giving them internal reprimanding, though it may be a while before their behavior improves. In the meantime, we'll get this posted to the Known Issues today.

After looking into this a bit more, we have a more broad issue with some vendors being finicky with redeemable items, such as tokens, parts, and certificates, and the Cargo Hold. This includes them turning away eager customers when there are duplicates in both the Inventory Window and Cargo Hold (which is what is likely to be the issue in this case). Additionally, the vendors have been known to taunt customers by telling them that wares are affordable due to the needed tokens/parts/certificates being in the Cargo Hold, but then not allowing for a purchase.

If players still want to give the vendors their business after such rude treatment (as TRUE-MANDALORIAN pointed out) taking redeemable items from the Cargo Hold to the Inventory Window will satisfy the vendor and allow you to purchase as intended.

I would like to apologize on these vendor's behalf. We are giving them internal reprimanding, though it may be a while before their behavior improves. In the meantime, we'll get this posted to the Known Issues today.

Unfortunately this isn't the case, as I've had the Speeder parts in my inventory from the start. I've also taken every Speeder part I have from my Cargo Hold (so any duplicates), brought it with me to Nar Shardaa and gotten the same message. I've then placed every Speeder part (including Explorer) back into my Cargo Hold, left it, then taken them out another day to find the same error message every time.

I hadn't thought of trading all the Parts across Legacy yet, but as you know the Pleasure speeder in particular won't have that option if it proves to have issue as well, Parts being Bind on Pickup and all.

Thanks for your support regarding this issue! :)

Edited by Transairion

Try carrying all speeder parts on you at the same time, all copies of the repulsor or anything else, rather than swapping them out. Maybe you tried this already, but it looks a little like you tried only carrying a couple at a time.

I had this before and solved it just by throwing everything related to the mount (which included a fair few duplicates) into my inventory and trying again

Edit: I re-read and It sounds like you have tried this, but best to be sure.

Edited by Chuckita

Try carrying all speeder parts on you at the same time, all copies of the repulsor or anything else, rather than swapping them out. Maybe you tried this already, but it looks a little like you tried only carrying a couple at a time.

I had this before and solved it just by throwing everything related to the mount (which included a fair few duplicates) into my inventory and trying again

Edit: I re-read and It sounds like you have tried this, but best to be sure.

Yeah, I did do that exactly that (every single Part I had, Exploiter, Expleror and Pleasure), took everything I had at once to the GSI Vendor on Nar Shardaa, still wouldn't hand over the Speeder. Very aggravating when it won't hand it over XD

Just found an Expleror in my inventory thanks to David, thank you David! Hopefully I don't have to go through this again when I get my final Pleasure Speeder part D:

Edited by Transairion

• 3 months later...

Okay, this is just plain silly. I read what everyone was saying about having it the cargo hold versus on you and all that jazz...I had all the required parts on me. The vendor said I couldn't afford the item. I went down to the cargo hold, put all the pieces from my inventory into the cargo hold, took them all back out of the cargo hold, including the spares, and put them back into my inventory (so I had 6 pieces total). I kept my inventory open after I closed my cargo hold, went back upstairs to the vendor and tried to purchase it one more time. Lo and behold...it worked.

However, my husband's character did the same thing...no go. ***? Perhaps I should tell him to do the Hokey Pokey before he tries to purchase? *shakes head*

• 1 month later...