When does legacy unlock?

PRFtoday

The game's milestones are generally based on story progress, not level.

Chapter 1 is shortly after Alderaan, as they have said, but that allows for a wide range of levels.

Starting planet -> Faction capital -> Nar Shaddaa -> Tattooine -> Alderaan, with whatever other story-based running around might be involved in there.

That is the minimum that you will do to complete chapter 1.

Add in PvP, flashpoints, and any non-class missions that you choose to do and nothing stops you from being level 50 before you finish chapter 1. :rod_cool_g:

Starting planet -> Faction capital -> Nar Shaddaa -> Tattooine -> Alderaan

It'll be Taris (Republic) or Balmorra (Empire) between Faction Capital and Nar Shadda, but generally, you'll be around level 32 when you finish Chapter 1 (all the Chapter 1 ending quests are marked as level 32 quests, so if you are more than a level or 2 below that, you will have serious trouble finishing them alone, although of course you may be over-levelled if you did all the bonus series and bonus quests: http://www.torhead.com/missions/catg/7/station/eq/2/and/level/32-32 -- similarly the aftermath to chapter 2 assumes level 41: http://www.torhead.com/missions/catg/7/station/eq/2/and/level/41-41 )

Edited by Ancaglon

Legacy actually unlocks before Alderaan now. I forgot exactly when, but my 29 Sorc has had legacy unlocked for a while. I'm not sure if it unlocks earlier because I have a 50 toon on same server, but it definitely unlocks before Alderaan. Edited by SuspectDown

Once one character has completed chapter 1, the legacy unlocks for all characters, regardless of level.

However, to get the legacy in the first place, one character has to complete chapter 1, and that happens after all the class quests on Alderaan, and then some specialty quests.

The game's milestones are generally based on story progress, not level.

Yes, but you can't do the quests required unless you've achieved close to the level for each world (or have help), so most people need to be around 32 when they complete Alderaan. Yes, you could be level 50 before you complete chapter 1, but most people would not wait that long for their first character to complete its legacy.

Hey everyone!

Thank you for helping out the thread author regarding Legacy! We also wanted to let you know you can find some more information regarding Legacy in our Legacy Information section on the official website!

We hope this helps and enjoy playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! :jawa_smile:

• 3 years later...

Wish the website would be up-to-date. And sorry for the... no, not sorry for necroing: the website still claims that legacy unlocks when on character has finished the first chapter of the class story. But THAT IS WRONG!

I think, but can't find it, that it unlocks when one char gets to level 10. I do have two chars on The Harbinger, who both are barely above 10, and the legacy is unlocked.

Really, Bioware/EA/whoever, update your <censored>!

There are many things that are not updated, the website has not been updated for a long time.

It has been pointed out by the community in many posts but nothing has happened.

That goes back to their lack of maintenance in the game. Sure we have the server maintenance every week, but what I'm talking about is the maintenance done on the backside of things. Updating official released documentation, swapping things out on the CM, verifying game events occur when expected, etc. All the little tedious things that only a well paid micro manager can do.

And lets face it. Nobody likes to work with someone whose job it is to constantly remind you of the small tasks you forgot to do. Like, "why are we still sailing the same item on the CM for 6 weeks now." Or, "why haven't we updated the items available for this event." Or even, "why haven't we updated this webpage to show the new whatever it is."

They put all their resources into creating new content and practically none on maintaining the information on the things they already have in play.

From a player perspective we would call that quality control. From the programmer perspective it would be considered work place harassment. And that is why they likely don't do it. Nobody wants to be the bad guy and point out that some failed to do something.

Edited by ForceWelder

That goes back to their lack of maintenance in the game.

I never check the webpages for anything then the account, news page for expansion updates and the forums so I do not care if they update the original content or not.

I got all the information I need ingame and I help with players questions here :tran_smile:

Edited by Icestar