3 Days Until the End of Crafting

Heezdedjim

I'm glad now that I blew all those credits trying to get a complete set of all orange pats for my synthweaver and armormech. At least I have a cybertech and biochem toon, which is good, cause those will be the last crafting skills with any purpose at all when the Pay2Wear shop opens. I'd reroll all my crafters as straight gathering or mission farmers, but there's little point in that even when nobody is going to want to make anything from all those mats. Edited by Heezdedjim

I'm glad now that I blew all those credits trying to get a complete set of all orange pats for my synthweaver and armormech. At least I have a cybertech and biochem toon, which is good, cause those will be the last crafting skills with any purpose at all when the Pay2Wear shop opens. I'd reroll all my crafters as straight gathering or mission farmers, but there's little point in that even when nobody is going to want to make anything from all those mats.

Cybertech is going to go through the roof once the new Droid schematics (armour rating 154) hit live.

I'm glad now that I blew all those credits trying to get a complete set of all orange pats for my synthweaver and armormech. At least I have a cybertech and biochem toon, which is good, cause those will be the last crafting skills with any purpose at all when the Pay2Wear shop opens. I'd reroll all my crafters as straight gathering or mission farmers, but there's little point in that even when nobody is going to want to make anything from all those mats.

You can buy Speeders, Pets and Gear Shells from the shop.

You couldn't craft Vanity Goods anyway and the gear is level 41. I repeat, the gear is POORLY itemized level 41 gear. How does that kill crafting?

This is nonsense really.

There is going to a demand for those low level orange shells.

The only problematic one I see is the Arms tech but that has been the case even before.

Biochem Cyber tech artifice and synthweaving in that order in my opinion. Armor tech is also viable for orange sets that people can use in lower levels but more people roll force classes so not as much potential clients.

I mean the people always look on the high ticket items but there is plenty money to be made selling blue or purple leveling crystals implants enhancements and so on. It is not the price per item it is the amount of items sold per day and even some greens sell very well.

Sure there are the 2 mills per mod things that everyone wants to make but to use car industry analogy.

Rolls Royce is not the biggest automaker or the one making the most money.

All crafting professions have recipes that are useful while leveling, but these items peter out at endgame. The market and profitability for leveling gear is rather limited. However, Artifice, Cybertech, and Biochem are itemized well, are not just valuable, but crucial to the endgame experience. The remaining crafting Crew Skills need serious love, with or without the Cartel Store offerings. Armstech, Synthweaving, and Armormech are poorly implemented and not useful at endgame (with the singular exception of Armstech barrels) with or without the Cartel Market offerings.

Enhancements, Mods, and RE-ing extra mods for stabilizers are critical to PVE endgame and profitability right now.

Hilt and Armoring recipes, while rare, are extremely valuable and useful.

Artifice can also learn/craft Relics, Cybertech earpieces, and Biochem implants.

Biochem also gets to make much-needed consumables (currently the market is iffy because of a reported bug/exploit I won't detail here, but should be fixed in the long run.).

Unmodded belt/bracer recipes for endgame are inferior to getting an Armoring and a Mod.

The creation of Augment Kits do not play into player power progression across tiers, is a split market between these three skills, and do not need to be replaced ever if one is satisfied with their moddable gear look.

The orange shells available for Synthweaving or Armormech are not unique or highly desired. PvP orange schematics are moderately useful to craft (especially if tiers like Battlemaster get removed from the vendor), but there is not a lot of variance and the looks are easily obtaining with commendations currently. Campaign and Dread Guard shell schematics are ludicrously difficult to obtain, while the pieces themselves are not, so there is not much of a market there.

Many schematics implemented via Underworld Trading crits are incomplete or have the incorrect model / texture on them. For example, the feet model that matches the Vagabond set properly is only available on the Dark Side vendor or the Hunter's Renowned Legacy boots. The Vagabond boots are simply copies of the Chanlon Onslaught model that does not appropriately match the aesthetics of the Vagabond pieces.

Augments, while important and useful, only need to be obtained once per character, since there are no new "tiers" of augments and the removal/replacement of augments is much cheaper than getting new ones made.

Edited by DarthBuckets

All crafting professions have recipes that are useful while leveling, but these items peter out at endgame. The market and profitability for leveling gear is rather limited.

The orange shells available for Synthweaving or Armormech are not unique or highly desired. PvP orange schematics are moderately useful to craft (especially if tiers like Battlemaster get removed from the vendor), but there is not a lot of variance and the looks are easily obtaining with commendations currently. Campaign and Dread Guard shell schematics are ludicrously difficult to obtain, while the pieces themselves are not, so there is not much of a market there.

I make millions each week from selling lower level (under level 23) orange gear as an armormech. With F2P opening, and the influx of lower level players, the market is going to expand to the point where I will not be able to farm enough mats to keep up with the demand.

Someone should probably tell the OP that the gear in the Cartel is cosmetic and mostly RNG shells...

Last I checked the Cartel doesn't sell those 2mil mods. :rolleyes:

Last I checked synthweavers and armormechs don't make them either. Practically all they make are (inferier) looking RNG shells....

Did you miss out on the hundreds of millions being made via Campaign, Black Hole, Dread Guard, and Hazmat hilts/enhancements/relics?

I RE'd 4 Campaign Relics from EC and failed to get a schematic (makes sense since it's a 20% chance, but I'm risk-averse to begin with). As for the Dread Guard/Hazmat Hilts, both times I've cleared HM Terror the chest dropped.