Stuck on Kephess HM anytips?

We are stuck on Kephess hardmode. We finally got past the droids by stacking up on each one. We read that a tank should stay far away from the group but that does not seem to be working well for us.

But how do we deal with kephess on the last phase, Should we kite him or keep him still? Any tips? (We know the basics of the other tank planting 5 purple circles and then switching tanks on the knock back)

We are stuck on Kephess hardmode. We finally got past the droids by stacking up on each one. We read that a tank should stay far away from the group but that does not seem to be working well for us.

But how do we deal with kephess on the last phase, Should we kite him or keep him still? Any tips? (We know the basics of the other tank planting 5 purple circles and then switching tanks on the knock back)

For the rail shot droids (as we call them) - yes. Everyone except one tank should be stacked directly on top of the droid. The tank should be a little farther out to eat the rail shots.

We've never had issues with this, perhaps you can elaborate why its not working?

There is no reason to Kite Kephess...

P1 last until he hits 60%. During this phase he will randomly jump up and jump back down, with a red target circle indicating where he lands. Your off tank should taunt him immediately when he comes down. Kephess will attack him and put a DoT on this tank. Your main tank should then taunt Kephess off your off tank.

Kephess hits like a truck and its easier on the Healers if the tank has Kephess without the DoT. But you could probably heal through it if you want.

At 60% he will suck everyone into and do his Gift of the Masters. Everyone needs to run out of this circle as more than a few ticks will kill you. It also does a larger tick at the end, so make sure you're out of this ASAP. Predation is awesome here.

After 60% you don't have to worry about the jump mechanic anymore. Instead your tanks need to worry about Breath of the Masters. When he casts this your off tank MUST taunt BEFORE the cast goes off on your main tank. Otherwise he will be 1 shotted.

The tank that receives Breath of the Masters drops 4 purple circles around the room and then taunts Kephess back as he will be casting Breath of the Masters on your 2nd tank again. A 5th circle will drop as your first tank retaunts Kephess so be aware of that.

Couple things to note. NEVER point Kephess towards the raid or one of his abilities "Savage Arching Slash" or something, can one shot your entire raid.

You repeat this until he's dead.

Here's a couple videos of my guilds first kill of Kephess HM. Its a little sloppy but you can see what needs to be done.

Healer POV

EDIT: Rewatched our videos quick. This was done before they fixed 16m where Gift of the Masters wasn't working. You DO need to run out of the purple circle.

Furthermore we'll also be Live Streaming tonight at 8 PM EST if you want to watch further. We can answer any questions you have Live too. :)

Edited by pureeffinmetal

Thanks for all your answers, my friend and I argue back and forth about the mechanics. lol. Do you guys mind stacking up at some point to see if it avoids all rail shots? he seems to think this is how it works while I am not sure.

Other than that thanks for the tips! I will be sure to watch it tonight

Thanks for all your answers, my friend and I argue back and forth about the mechanics. lol. Do you guys mind stacking up at some point to see if it avoids all rail shots? he seems to think this is how it works while I am not sure.

Other than that thanks for the tips! I will be sure to watch it tonight

We tried once and we found people would get rail shotted at random if everyone was stacked.

Not sure if it has worked for others though. We've never had issues with our tank staying out a bit and eating rail shots.

We tried once and we found people would get rail shotted at random if everyone was stacked.

Not sure if it has worked for others though. We've never had issues with our tank staying out a bit and eating rail shots.

Thanks for all the tips!

Couple things to note. NEVER point Kephess towards the raid or one of his abilities "Savage Arching Slash" or something, can one shot your entire raid.

Do you guys do anything to avoid the slash AE or do your tanks just eat it? Our current strat involves kiting him in a wide circle as someone thinks the tank can avoid this AE by moving aside, but that frequently ends up killing a couple dps/healers when the tank kites poorly.

Do you guys do anything to avoid the slash AE or do your tanks just eat it? Our current strat involves kiting him in a wide circle as someone thinks the tank can avoid this AE by moving aside, but that frequently ends up killing a couple dps/healers when the tank kites poorly.

Only the tank, tanking him takes this. The other tank is often to the side or behind Kephess dropping circles. Its healing intensive, but it shouldnt one shot them.

Under no circumstances do our tanks kite him.

What do you do if your off-tank is a moron that needs to spoon fed everything and is the only reason why my guild hasn't downed this fight yet? Do not say replace him, my server is dead and there is nobody left.....suicide is my only option right?

PS: Maybe i'll go play the Sims 3...

this is what has worked for us

stay out of red and blue

ranged stay stacked near center and tanks do the following:

switch when they get debuff

run in circles to spread out the blue circles, while making sure that they will not get knocked back after the fouth circle he lays down

make sure tanks do not position boss so the boss can cleave the group (everyone should be out of the path of tank and boss and never between the two)

the hardest part i think is not getting knocked back into the blue circles, since you will be surrounded by them.