The One Craft to rule them All

Azrienov

Cybertech... why do you get the stuff that sells for 2 million credits a piece?

My Armstech and Armormech crafts are so loldeeeeeerp it's not even funny anymore. I've had them since 12/20/2011, and now I'm just sad. I don't create epic pieces of beauty. I create junk that no one needs. Meanwhile, if I want to kit out BiS, I need to modify my gear for my specialty. I feel like I'm being trolled....

Don't worry biomedical... I still hate you too...

Anyone else sad like me?

As somebody who doesn't really raid/group, and generallly likes to play pure crafter (or close to it) I pretty much gave up "being a crafter" as a viable game style around 1.3 or so, when it became blatantly obvious the best stuff was going to be only obtainable via REing stuff you could only get via group (or raid) content.

Still unsure what (if anything) I'll lose if I take the F2P option, but as I only play (occasionally) now on sundays w/ my dad (largely due to the horrible crafting), I somewhat suspect I'll be taking the F2P option.

I feel the same way with artifice tho I suppose I should be somewhat happy that I can make some of that. Not that I ever will. No one wants to do the SM flashpoints I want to do to learn the fights and I can't solo them.

What do people do once they hit 50? Raid in their pvp gear until they get some good pve stuff?

I dunno but I make good credits selling low level gear on the GTN. I can easily sell a level 35 orange armormech piece for 30k. yeah its not 1m but if I sell 4-5 of those a week its minimal effort and a strong return. Any time an alt runs low on credits Ill make 5 pieces and send em over list em and that toon is back in money.

I took Cybertech on my first character shortly after launch. Everyone thought Cybertech was the most useless skill available.

Because people now think of this of Armstech there are less of them, on my server the top end barrels go for much more than armoring or mods.

My Armstech and Armormech crafts are so loldeeeeeerp it's not even funny anymore. I've had them since 12/20/2011, and now I'm just sad. I don't create epic pieces of beauty. I create junk that no one needs. Meanwhile, if I want to kit out BiS, I need to modify my gear for my specialty. I feel like I'm being trolled....

If I can get enough Zal Alloy, I can make quite a good profit from selling Mk6 augment kits, plus as an Armourmech I can also make augments.

I'd like to get more schematics for orange items (I hit 50 before they released most of them with 1.2(?)), it would also be nice if there were some graphical styles that could only be made by crafters (Armourmech or Synthweavers), or maybe we could change the colour of an item.

Armstech is in the same boat as cybertech as far as crafting high end stuff (barrels), though people only usually need 1 barrel, versus ~7(?) armourings/mods/etc.

Edited by Llama-Eight

Cybertech is my main money maker. Armstech is the one that doesn't pull its weight. The barrels sell but not highly profitable. I can't give away any ranged weapons.

I restate: there are ways of making very good money indeed off armstech. Think about what else you can make as an armstecher and check the prices on GTN. Hint: lower level stuff can be much more profitable than end-game.