Sergeant Jaxo - Why you hate, Bioware? :(

HellbirdIV

Playing as a Trooper, Sergeant Jaxo is easily my favourite of all the characters to show up in the primary story. She's sexy, charming, smart and obviously a good soldier or she wouldn't be where she is - great romance option, too.

So why does Bioware saddle me with the annoying, whiny blonde bimbo on Taris instead as the only female Trooper companion? I tried romancing her and all she did was eat my Tionese cuisine! At least Jaxo sends me love letters :(

On that subject, I just got a letter from Jaxo at level 38 saying to meet her at her apartment, but no quest to go with it (I even went to check the place in person, no luck). Does anyone know if there's supposed to be something there, or is the game just mocking me further? <.<

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Jaxo is just much more likable than all the other female characters you run into as part of the Trooper story.

Wraith is a barely-vocal sociopath and Sergeant Boring- I mean Dorne is just awfully dull and at worse times annoying to be around, made worse by the fact that she's the only healer you have so if you play Vanguard, you need to take her along for every damn mission in the game from that point on...

No, Jaxo is just much more likable than all the other female characters you run into as part of the Trooper story.

Wraith is a barely-vocal sociopath and Sergeant Boring- I mean Dorne is just awfully dull and at worse times annoying to be around, made worse by the fact that she's the only healer you have so if you play Vanguard, you need to take her along for every damn mission in the game from that point on...

Nah, we like her because we get to pork her.

Wraith is crazy, that's no secret. However, if you take the time to romance Dorne you'll see her step away from her rigid, Imperial-protocol personality and actually open up to your trooper, showing emotion and vulnerability and yadda yadda.

It's quite sweet.

if you take the time to romance Dorne you'll see her step away from her rigid, Imperial-protocol personality and actually open up to your trooper, showing emotion and vulnerability and yadda yadda.

Even if you do, I find Dorne to still be dull as a rock. Worse yet, she's not rock-like in any positive way, like being strongly determined and spirited or durable - she's quite submissive and obedient. Now don't get me wrong, I quite like submissive women from a romantic or sexual perspective, but I would think that a soldier should have other qualities?

And isn't it rather telling that the strong, independent woman is shoved off to the side while the submissive and "proper" girl is made the only companion? Why isn't there a choice between the reliable, submissive, duty-minded blonde and the strong, sexy, independent dark-haired girl?

One of the game's biggest crimes is blocking off "your" story - the story you want to play - because of limitations like that.

Even if you do, I find Dorne to still be dull as a rock. Worse yet, she's not rock-like in any positive way, like being strongly determined and spirited or durable - she's quite submissive and obedient. Now don't get me wrong, I quite like submissive women from a romantic or sexual perspective, but I would think that a soldier should have other qualities?

And isn't it rather telling that the strong, independent woman is shoved off to the side while the submissive and "proper" girl is made the only companion? Why isn't there a choice between the reliable, submissive, duty-minded blonde and the strong, sexy, independent dark-haired girl?

One of the game's biggest crimes is blocking off "your" story - the story you want to play - because of limitations like that.

It's less a limitation, and more that no game developer can ever anticipate everything a gamer wants.

Playing as a Trooper, Sergeant Jaxo is easily my favourite of all the characters to show up in the primary story. She's sexy, charming, smart and obviously a good soldier or she wouldn't be where she is - great romance option, too.

So why does Bioware saddle me with the annoying, whiny blonde bimbo on Taris instead as the only female Trooper companion? I tried romancing her and all she did was eat my Tionese cuisine! At least Jaxo sends me love letters :(

On that subject, I just got a letter from Jaxo at level 38 saying to meet her at her apartment, but no quest to go with it (I even went to check the place in person, no luck). Does anyone know if there's supposed to be something there, or is the game just mocking me further? <.<

Do you mean after you save the senator?

Because I did the optional mission mission and went to her appartment....and slept with her. I'm not joking.

Edited by Eillack

Do you mean after you save the senator?

Because I did the optional mission mission and went to her appartment....and slept with her. I'm not joking.

No, 24 levels after that, when you go to Hoth, you recieve a letter from her asking you to come meet her again. I believe it's supposed to start a quest but I didn't get it, I'm hoping it's bugged and up for a fix.

Oh come on they included her and made her likable in order to make a choice in.....act 3(?)

I see. I haven't gotten that far yet, we'll see then.

Have to admit, Jaxo is my favourite person in SWTOR to meet. Charismatic and witty. [gamernerd] And hot. I would, and have. And would again. And again. /brofist [/gamernerd]

But yea OP, come act 3 you will like her even more. to the point where it influences your decisions, for better or worse.

See what I did there? :)

I think someone from the beta confirmed that the letter in the mail was an abandoned quest by Bioware, but they forgot to remove the letter.

I don't want to spoil anything so I won't, but you do see Jaxo later on. It's part of your class quest so you can't miss it.

I think someone from the beta confirmed that the letter in the mail was an abandoned quest by Bioware, but they forgot to remove the letter.

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks.

I do like that the letter is still in the game though - it just goes to show how much nicer Jaxo is than Dorne when Jaxo sends you love letters and all Dorne does is get fat eating all your food :(

Oh come on they included her and made her likable in order to make a choice in.....act 3(?) more meaningful and powerful. You are going to have a tough choice to make later on. I doubt she will play an important role in the future expansions, although I doubt they will completely forget about her.

Yea that was a really agonizing choice for me. In the end I went with the light side option (simply cause I have 0 dark side points) even though I really didn't want to.

Yea that was a really agonizing choice for me. In the end I went with the light side option (simply cause I have 0 dark side points) even though I really didn't want to.

Zero dark side points? That is so wrong ...

Admittedly, I have more Light points than Dark, but some of the Light options are ridiculous.

Zero dark side points? That is so wrong ...

Admittedly, I have more Light points than Dark, but some of the Light options are ridiculous.

I agree. I'm playing the light side game, and not the 'choices I'd really make' game.

Something I won't do with future characters.