Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?

stockmks

The Swtor dev's (if there are any left) need to go spend sometime at ArenaNet to see how those guys do things for their game and community. No subscription and a store with half of what Swtor has and yet they pump out content for their player base every 2 weeks.

Holidays or something like April fools day...(laughably we got the opportunity to purchase our xmas fun off the Cartel Market...whose bright idea was that?) Guild Wars 2 players get events and mini games that rewarded their players with fun items. They put on their forums what looked like a joke for April Fools but wait, not only was it a cool joke on the forums but they again had great content in game for real.

Halloween is another great event in Guild Wars 2...I mean the Rakghoul plague would be awesome for Halloween for our game.

Really other games do a much better job at looking after their player base than this one...I am all for them making money but the line has to be drawn somewhere...

Oh an ArenaNet are a lot more open as to what is upcoming with there game in the future...not all this cloak and dagger crap that EA/Bioware spins us with phrases like...." we can't tell you anything at the moment but believe me your going to love it...it's awesome".

I love this post.

:rak_03:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

It was our plan originally to have a second subscriber appreciation occur at the end of the month along with our Cartel Coin grant you received in the beginning. Unfortunately we hit some tech hurdles and that is no longer the case. As always, we are going to continue to look for ways to show appreciation to you guys and ensure there is strong value in your subscription!

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

So the backwards good news in this is that the gift was almost certainly not Cartel Coins. They don't seem to have technical challenges dumping extra cartel coins into peoples' accounts.

This actually improves my opinion of the development team. Even though they failed due to "technical hurdles", at least this time around they put some thought and effort into whatever it would have been, which indicates some level of actual appreciation.

Edited by DarthTHC

Hey folks,

It was our plan originally to have a second subscriber appreciation occur at the end of the month along with our Cartel Coin grant you received in the beginning. Unfortunately we hit some tech hurdles and that is no longer the case. As always, we are going to continue to look for ways to show appreciation to you guys and ensure there is strong value in your subscription!

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

Since there were technical difficulties, perhaps this was to be some sort of ongoing subscriber rewards system? I know this will probably just make people jump on all sorts of conclusions, but it's possible at least, yes?

Hey folks,

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

:rak_09:

Got to love these guys :D

"Really, we wanted but we can't so sorry. We won't tell you what it was... but please stay subbed while we think about something new, maybe we will give it to you. Or maybe not"

This is a classical CE vendor syndrome :D

Edited by jankiel

Hey folks,

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

I would just like to say that you hitting some tech hurdles and this no longer being the case. I wouldn't put it past Bioware to straight up lie to us. Chances are it was more than likely never the plan, it was just something said that sounded good knowing in the end you could just say "WE HAD SOME TECH HURDLES" and we would forgive you. I don't think all of us subscribers are gullible enough to believe your lies.

There is no value in our subscription, I mean your statement alone screams LIE LIE LIE LIE, most the time when you tell someone you are going to give them a gift by a certain date, if you don't meet that date then you feel bad but you tell them soon meaning the next week or whatever. In your apology, you make it seem like you are sc****** the whole project and starting from scratch. "LOOKING FOR WAYS TO SHOW APPRECIATION" doesn't indicate you have an idea it means exactly what it say you are LOOKING.

But hey what can you expect from an MMO that flopped in the first 6 months after claiming to be the next WoW. Sorta of reminds me of WarZ or Infestation Stories the creators there also promised people the world. If the gaming industry is turning into a bunch of false promises, I would imagine soon enough more and more companies will be sued.

:rak_09:

Got to love these guys :D

"Really, we wanted but we can't so sorry. We won't tell you what it was... but please stay subbed while we think about something new, maybe we will give it to you. Or maybe not"

This is a classical CE vendor syndrome :D

Sadly I'll have to say this seems likely. Saying they had something else planned is free to do, and since no details about what it was or if it's going to happen was published, it just seems like a PR attempt to turn the situation from awful to good. Even with people complaining, like me admittedly, look how there's people in this very thread who are quite happy with the statement, because it shows Bioware at least had something planned and put thought into it. We just don't know if that's true, especially since absolutely nothing about the appreciation was elaborated on.

Edited by Gullesvupper

Hey folks,

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

I just want something that has nothing to do with the Cartel Market. As a Subscriber I really do not use the Cartel Market unless it is for Character Perks.

What would satisfy me is something special like a free Speeder or Pet that is unique and only able to be obtained by this appreciation promotion. I think something like that would be a lot better than a measly amount of Cartel Coins.

Edited by WarbNull

Hey folks,

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

I'm very disappointed by this.

Hey folks,

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

Actually, that's encouraging. Sure, I'm disappointed that we aren't getting something but I'm glad they're putting thought and effort into it. Makes me wonder though if that's what happened with the first appreciation gift and they defaulted to 500CC just to give us something at the self imposed deadline. If so, I think I would have been less critical.

In any case I'm excited to see what they eventually get in place for Subs to make us feel valued.

#SSSP

People are so freaking gullible.

You want appreciation, well you all have it now in the form of a blatant lie.

I think all us subscribers should in turn show our appreciation and unsubscribe, saying we will come back in a month, then in a month say we all had some tech hurdles and we won't be coming back. But we will continue to look for ways to make you feel appreciated.

So, because YOU don't like the game, or at least the developers, ALL the rest of us subscribers should unsubscribe. Sure, that make sense.

I'm sure it's not the first time you've heard this here, but... If you don't like the game, why play it? Not everyone is as unhappy with things as you seem to be. But, if you feel that the price you pay for a subscription warrants extra stuff, and you're not happy because you didn't get it, then by all means, stop paying.

I feel the amount I pay for my subscription is an acceptable amount of money for the amount of enjoyment I get from playing it. If BW feels it necessary to give me something in addition to that, then so be it. But, I'm not going to complain just because they don't give me that extra thing. Whether it was technical difficulties or not, so what?

So, because YOU don't like the game, or at least the developers, ALL the rest of us subscribers should unsubscribe. Sure, that make sense.

I'm sure it's not the first time you've heard this here, but... If you don't like the game, why play it? Not everyone is as unhappy with things as you seem to be. But, if you feel that the price you pay for a subscription warrants extra stuff, and you're not happy because you didn't get it, then by all means, stop paying.

I feel the amount I pay for my subscription is an acceptable amount of money for the amount of enjoyment I get from playing it. If BW feels it necessary to give me something in addition to that, then so be it. But, I'm not going to complain just because they don't give me that extra thing. Whether it was technical difficulties or not, so what?

I Agree.

.....And in other news...

Yesterday......there was a great disturbance in the internetz.... as if a million faces were being /slapped into oblivion. Fear not however.. as all the /face_slapping was self induced and caused by much faux-indignation of the highest order. :p

Why are people surprised by this?:confused:

I am honestly confused why people think EAware screwing up once more is something new; they have a very long track record on this. And hell, if they really wanted to show appreciation, then we would have had a vet reward system or something more than consumed fireworks at the 1 year anniversary.

They simply don't care.

I am honestly confused why people think EAware screwing up once more is something new; they have a very long track record on this. And hell, if they really wanted to show appreciation, then we would have had a vet reward system or something more than consumed fireworks at the 1 year anniversary.

They simply don't care.

^

Sad but a lot truth.

I think they care to some degree because it's their job and everyone wants to get paid.

Edited by Quraswren

They simply don't care.

I agree. I believe the original coins were a last minute "oh crap, we did say that" gift to begin with. No surprise that they flat out skipped this one too. Subscribers are not valued...CC sales are. They sure as hell wont miss a new pack release because of "technical" issues.

To be honest tough this statement by Eric made me laugh hard. I mean if they gave us coins again i'd probably rage a bit about crappy gifts and stuff but this one is so ridiculous that it's actually funny :D

On another note back in the days before f2p they gave subscribebers once 30 days of extra subscription(don't remember the reason for it tough). Think this would be a much better form of making the subbers feel good.

Yep, that's the bottom line. I, too, feel my subscription is worth it. 500 extra CC? Great, I'll take it. Something else gets canceled? Mildly disappointing (at most), I suppose.

Some people, like the person you were replying to, just are not happy unless they are complaining.

Hey folks,

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

I would say you saw the backlash from the lackluster job you did last time and needed to re-evaluate what you know as worth while. Maybe brainstorm longer than 10 seconds this time and you MIGHT come up with something we all like, or feel VALUED from. :eek: I mean, you rarely ever see people complain in Guild Wars 2. Try looking to them as an example of QUALITY content and awards.

We have all become aware that if you aren't making money from it on the Cartel market then you wont put much effort into it.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Hey folks,

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

Why not make something like this a surprise. So we don't know about, and we also don't know when you again (bio-)fail.

Just don't tell us!

;)

So we can't be disappointed that often.

Edited by discbox

I want to see Bruce come to this thread and give another anecdote about how this relates to his wife.

I can see it now!

"I said to my wife that I really appreciate her companionship, and that I planned to get her two gifts to show my affection. The first was gift card for a store she wasn't keen on... The second... Well the shop was closed and it was late so I didn't get her anything else. She was mad... And I didn't learn a lesson."

:)

Hey folks,

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

Honestly Eric, just keep delviering awesome updates on a regular basis and thats all the appreciation I need.

ohh that does remind me to ask though... is the new daily area with 2.3 gonna be something free to plays need to buy?

I would say you saw the backlash from the lackluster job you did last time and needed to re-evaluate what you know as worth while. Maybe brainstorm longer than 10 seconds this time and you MIGHT come up with something we all like, or feel VALUED from. :eek: I mean, you rarely ever see people complain in Guild Wars 2. Try looking to them as an example of QUALITY content and awards.

We have all become aware that if you aren't making money from it on the Cartel market then you wont put much effort into it.

No thread would be complete without DarthVengeant whining!

I'm pretty sure the last time I saw you crying, you claimed to have canceled your sub. That you were 'quitting the game.' You are what is known as a mole-hill-mountainizer. I do not ever want to see another of your posts. Ignored.

Hey folks,

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

Give treek to subs instead :w_tongue: