What to do if you die in an ops?

Brillat

I was in an ops where we wiped on the boss.

There was no 'med probe' option, only a 'medcentre, revive at start of zone' option.

I'd died under the boss so assumed I couldn't be revived.

When I zoned in and the screen loaded, the other 3 players were all on the map near where we fought the boss. I couldn't get to them because of respawns, and got vote-kicked from the group without any explanation.

I am not sure what I did wrong there, how am I supposed to revive near the boss like they did??

If you die and combat is still going on, you cannot be rezed by a prob or other player until the whole group is out of combat. At that point you either wait until the fight is over or you rez at the area starting point and run back in. Sometimes it's quiicker to wait, other times it's faster to go back to the med center and run back in.

It's not clear from your answer, but it sounds like you went back to the med center instead of waiting to be rezed.

If you die multiple times, there is a cooldown on the rez, which increases with each death. Some players don't want to wait or they don't want to deal with noobs so they booted you. If you are dead with a long cooldown, or you have a long run back, you aren't helping the group.

Edited by Owsley

If you die and combat is still going on, you cannot be rezed by a prob or other player until the whole group is out of combat. At that point you either wait until the fight is over or you rez at the area starting point and run back in. Sometimes it's quiicker to wait, other times it's faster to go back to the med center and run back in.

If you die multiple times, there is a cooldown on the rez, which increases with each death. Some players don't want to wait or they don't want to deal with noobs so they booted you. If you are dead with a long cooldown, you aren't helping the group.

Thank you for the reply!

I did wait until everyone was dead but still didn't get the res by probe option, I know that if you're in a group and people are still alive you can't probe until everyone is dead .. maybe I was bugged? Should I get the 'probe' option once the team is down, even if I'm in an ops?

I'm OK with being booted, I know some groups aren't patient with newbies, I just don't want to make the same mistake again.

Edited by Brillat

Now I'm very confused.

I know outside of ops, like in a normal Heroic group on a planet, when the fight ends you can Med Probe, win or lose (or if someone survives they can Revive you.)

I didn't seem to get the option to Med Probe when the fight in the ops ended, so assumed I was supposed to Med Centre and run back.

But when I zoned in, the others in the group were standing right near where the boss was, and I couldn't get through to them due to respawns. So I assumed they had somehow Med Probed, and couldn't work out why they had been able to do that but I hadn't got the option.

Then I tried to ask what had happened but got booted instead.

Edited by Brillat

One group member before he died had casted a combat revive on the person who had died first. The person receiving combat ress did not accept it immediately (because doing that he would just die again) but waited until everyone was dead and then accepted the combat revive given to him before and then revived the other dead players still in there.

I was in an ops where we wiped on the boss.

There was no 'med probe' option, only a 'medcentre, revive at start of zone' option.

I'd died under the boss so assumed I couldn't be revived.

When I zoned in and the screen loaded, the other 3 players were all on the map near where we fought the boss. I couldn't get to them because of respawns, and got vote-kicked from the group without any explanation.

I am not sure what I did wrong there, how am I supposed to revive near the boss like they did??

Could it be that you caused the wipe and they kicked you out because of that?

Edited by bbare

There's no probe droid option in an Op. A good Ops leader should tell you to stay or go to the med center. If not, pay attention to the fight, and watch the health of the boss and your group members, If they appear to be winning, then wait.

When you die in an Ops, you are offered a med-center option. There are 2 ways to receive a med probe revive, one of which was mentioned:

1) Combat rez is used on you before the healer dies. If you wait to accept the revive, you will be still able to use it after the wipe.

2) Out of combat rez. If a party member has combat stealth (Jedi Shaddow and smuggler, for example) then they can escape combat when it is apparent that a wipe is about to happen. They can then un-cloak after everyone else is dead and use their out-of-combat revive ability. Party members can then revive each other in turn using their out-of-combat revives.

Either way, if you were booted simply because the party did not want to wait for you to run back, then it is safe to add them to your /ignore list. You don't want to group with people like that. If you were under-geared for the ops or not following the group's strategy and fight mechanics, they might have been justified in vote-kicking...but I'd certainly hope that they would communicate first.

Never release to med centre in an ops until your ops leader tells you to or it's obvious that's what everyone is doing.

• If the fight is still on going - the ops leader will decide whether they want to in-combat revive someone who's dead (keep in mind there's a 5 min cooldown for the entire party so the ops leader is going to weigh who they want rezzed if multiple ppl die). If you release and they had wanted to combat rez you - they no longer can.
  • If it's a wipe they still may be able to get the whole group up after wiping (either they threw an in combat revive to a party member who did not accept until everyone was dead, or someone stealthed and thus was able to stay alive). In such a case they would again expect that your body is around nearby to rez you and get the group going faster than if you released and had to run back.

Also if you release in a boss fight and the rest of the group downs the boss, once you zone back in you won't be eligible for loot - definitely tokens. If they have it on master looter they can still give you a piece of gear but if not you will miss out on loot too.

For all these reasons do not release to med centre unless your ops leader says so.