1.2 = Fall of SWTOR

I agree. We jumped right in without reading up one bit and figured it all out as we went along. We even had a PUG tank who was pretty bad. Loads of fun and a few suprises, now I just wish there were suprises every time to random things up a bit :D

you're honestly going to tell me that lightning robot didn't wtfpwn you on the first attempt? hahaha.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should make 'Nancy Boy' servers.

Where the bosses are super easy, you can have whatever gear you want, heal for whatever you like and a free cupcake everytime you log in.

Shove all the whiners on there.

So you buff up dps classes generally by about 15-30%... Awesome.

BUT you nerf all tank classes ability to maintain agro EXCEPT the Shadow... Fail.

You increase Scoundrel's ability to heal... Awesome.

You KILL the Commando and Sage healers for anything harder than normal mode flashpoints... Fail.

What exactly was the thought process in the nerfs? Sages have no way to regain lost force and you took away their only ability to do so (yes you can spec down to 13% health vs 15% to regain but the sage now has to spend more time OFF of the tank...)

The commando's ammo regen is dead. On top of that you killed their ability to remove debuffs effectively by removing the 2 second spec they could knock off of it.

I'm running full Rakata+ (Columi gear with augment slots) in a raid force and I'd call us pretty dagon functional. Yet we can't even kill LR-5 in HM Lost Island. I've got plenty of video that can show we are taking full advantage of the setup but this boss goes beyond nuts when <20-25% (I won't even get in to it). We are the third best raid force on our server (which isn't saying much do to population) but when the best raid forces can't even manage to get this LR-5 down there's a huge issue. Closest we got was just below 4k health left.

This is ridiculous. I just got the in game mail for a free 30 days... big whoop. I can't tell you how much I hate WoW but it's the only viable game to play now and it's BORING. But hey, at least you can kill stuff in that game. Oh and "story mode meant for the casual raid guild to see raid content..." is at best a bold faced lie and at worst either a showing of stupidity on the people who lead the development teams and their inability to ensure quality control OR you thought the PTS results where too "good" so you made it impossible. Last I checked you did flashpoint type zones to prepare for raids not the other way around...

It's disgusting. Oh and I won't even get in to the failed legacy... you know all that stuff you said we'd have that are now under the "soon to come" menu... PLUS the "you can buy these things with your legacy levels OR credits" but that's a fail because it's requirements PLUS credits...

Stupid.

huuu u done som ting wrong ther frend --- my guild rund the new flash point on hard mode the 1 time we try last night and Wipe 2 times or 3 i tink it is but stell is Easy --- ppl just need to move and look at the fight in sted of just bash u damm buttens all the time

Tank's got nerfed?

My aggro generation is better than it was. I'm holding alot of the time using guardians slash, pommel strike only. I hold my taunts for if I lose aggro instead of firing it immediately when I enter a fight.

Just got done on HM run of EV and KP as a MT on my Jug and frankly HM is easier now than its ever been. Holding threat was easier and I think its because the bonus threat from Crushing Blow along with the DPS increase made it easier to hold threat.

On Jedi Knight withthe slash changes, I also found holding hate a lot easier, even with sentinels in group..damn aggro magnets:P

Jugg and JK just need a hate increase added to an AoE and we are cooking.

one thing im curious about is the moaning im getting from commandos, im hearing there nerf was pretty bad.

Commando/Mercenary healing ain't that bad if you ask me. I can still keep everyone alive. The minor thing is is that you have a Heat cost on Kolto Shell. Which is somewhat fair enough, but the heat cost is a bit too high.

Still, I can manage every heals. And they did improve a few things. We even have an in-combat Resseruction now. So I don't complain. (:

lol for those of you who haven't played the new content yet by all means put yourselves on ignore

The tank is more than capable and well geared, as stated, so the individual that said undergeared or sucked is beyond way off

I will gladly post 4 hours of wipe on one boss to show you that the ability of the group is not lacking and that everyone easily did their part. If you can find, across ANY MMO, another time that I "QQ"d please feel free. For those that said they have cleared it, show me or shut up.

We had a guild claim they beat the new HM FP last night and when I told them to show me just the fight they couldn't. Really? You can't tell me what it drops? I mean you can look that up and tell me what it drops on the final boss and you failed like that? Get out of here.

Those of you calling this a QQ post have either not played the new content or... no you just haven't played the new content. I spent more than ample time in the new content yesterday and the items I was expecting to see that was brought up by the Devs at the guild summit where maybe half there.

And dude that said, lol, that my statement about the dps going up lost all credibility for the post either has no clue how to play dps or rolls with dps classes that can't play hahaha

So lets see all these hot shots post some videos of your walk through the new content!!! I can't wait!

BUT you nerf all tank classes ability to maintain agro EXCEPT the Shadow... Fail.

Are you KIDDING me??! I actually feel they made my Jedi Guardian TOO powerful. I'm smearing people left and right in Warzones now and constantly thinking to myself "Damn, if I don't allow some of these #@$holes to live I'm never going to get any defense medals..."

Ya...we had 2 Sage healers last night and did fine in the new Op. I'm Shadow tank, so I can't complain, but the other tank is a Vanguard and he had no trouble keeping aggro either (even when we did Toth+Zorn and were switching back and forth). Stop QQ...the patch literally came out yesterday.

If you *COULD* go into the new content and kill it all, I'd have a problem. The game is meant to be hard...it's not meant for strong guilds to be able to just walk through it without a problem. Learn new strategies and you won't have these problems.

I remember in EQ when Planes of Power came out, the strongest guilds in the game (across all servers) couldn't content with the Elemental planes for the first few months, and it took over a year for someone to break into the Plane of Time (and not the main plane...just the entry plane). People didn't cry for that year about not being able to do things, they improved and got new gear so they *could*. You realize full Rakata means you're 2 steps from top-geared, right?

Are you KIDDING me??! I actually feel they made my Jedi Guardian TOO powerful. I'm smearing people left and right in Warzones now and constantly thinking to myself "Damn, if I don't allow some of these #@$holes to live I'm never going to get any defense medals..."

Hes talking about pve not pvp. I'm not sure how you couldn't see that...

They should make 'Nancy Boy' servers.

Where the bosses are super easy, you can have whatever gear you want, heal for whatever you like and a free cupcake everytime you log in.

Shove all the whiners on there.

They'd complain about the flavor of frosting on the cupcake

It's interesting that people think that if they can't beat new content in there first run that something is wrong. I remember in other mmo's years ago that you had to spend a lot of time farming keys and gearing toon's for boss encounters from a new expansion. The Boss fights were pretty hard and took a lot of time and gearing from minor bosses to get down.

This ezmode now days, they need to bring out a lot more boss fights otherwise next week you going to get posts all done now I'm bored. Where is the new content.

Edited by fred_parson

Hes talking about pve not pvp. I'm not sure how you couldn't see that...

Hrm. Yes, I suppose I should have extended my comment further.

I also did the new Ops as well as Nightmare EV last night. Quite honestly, I'm hardly the best PvE tank out there but... for once in my life... I was actually able to do noticeably well. I actually had. Yanno. Control.

Same old story, different MMO.

Player X can't do new content. Game is going to Fail.

Player X had his/her class adjusted. Game is going to Fail.

Player X did not get all features in game in a patch. Game is going to Fail.

Yet, oddly enough, virtually every single major MMO that was released, enjoyed many years of success. And if I was a betting man, SWTOR will be around for a while as well.

Says it all !

Whoever started this post is retarded. No singular patch has led to the "downfall" of a game holy crap please if you are unhappy with the 1.2 patch go somewhere else to piss and moan like wow and complain their new panda crap Edited by Baynn

You KILL the Commando and Sage healers for anything harder than normal mode flashpoints... Fail.

What exactly was the thought process in the nerfs? Sages have no way to regain lost force and you took away their only ability to do so (yes you can spec down to 13% health vs 15% to regain but the sage now has to spend more time OFF of the tank...)

The commando's ammo regen is dead. On top of that you killed their ability to remove debuffs effectively by removing the 2 second spec they could knock off of it.

I'm running full Rakata+ (Columi gear with augment slots) in a raid force and I'd call us pretty dagon functional. Yet we can't even kill LR-5 in HM Lost Island. I've got plenty of video that can show we are taking full advantage of the setup but this boss goes beyond nuts when <20-25% (I won't even get in to it). We are the third best raid force on our server (which isn't saying much do to population) but when the best raid forces can't even manage to get this LR-5 down there's a huge issue. Closest we got was just below 4k health left.

This is ridiculous. I just got the in game mail for a free 30 days... big whoop. I can't tell you how much I hate WoW but it's the only viable game to play now and it's BORING. But hey, at least you can kill stuff in that game. Oh and "story mode meant for the casual raid guild to see raid content..." is at best a bold faced lie and at worst either a showing of stupidity on the people who lead the development teams and their inability to ensure quality control OR you thought the PTS results where too "good" so you made it impossible. Last I checked you did flashpoint type zones to prepare for raids not the other way around...

It's disgusting. Oh and I won't even get in to the failed legacy... you know all that stuff you said we'd have that are now under the "soon to come" menu... PLUS the "you can buy these things with your legacy levels OR credits" but that's a fail because it's requirements PLUS credits...

Stupid.

Successful troll is successful.

He started off in what seemed sincere. Really his only fail was using perfect grammar for the most part. Nobody with that solid a grasp on the english language would rant this incoherently. Here is where I first recognized tell tale troll tactics.

"So you buff up dps classes generally by about 15-30%... Awesome."

Broad and incorrect claims that SEEM like they are backed by facts. Step 1 to troll success

"I'm running full Rakata+ (Columi gear with augment slots) in a raid force and I'd call us pretty dagon functional. Yet we can't even kill LR-5 in HM Lost Island. I've got plenty of video that can show we are taking full advantage of the setup but this boss goes beyond nuts when <20-25% (I won't even get in to it). We are the third best raid force on our server (which isn't saying much do to population) but when the best raid forces can't even manage to get this LR-5 down there's a huge issue. Closest we got was just below 4k health left."

Brilliant! He started out by justifying his plight by showing us all how leet he is with his gear then completely debunks himself with the hilarious claims to "Server 3rd Republic guild" on most servers this is NOT something to brag about!

This is ridiculous. I just got the in game mail for a free 30 days... big whoop. I can't tell you how much I hate WoW but it's the only viable game to play now and it's BORING. But hey, at least you can kill stuff in that game.

Nobody and I mean NOBODY would EVER spell Ridiculous correctly and in the same line of thought say something as insane as "WoW is better because its easy"

All in all I would rate this in the top of the game for troll posts as it has all the required pieces of a legendary troll post except feigned poor grammar.

8/10

lol for those of you who haven't played the new content yet by all means put yourselves on ignore

The tank is more than capable and well geared, as stated, so the individual that said undergeared or sucked is beyond way off

I will gladly post 4 hours of wipe on one boss to show you that the ability of the group is not lacking and that everyone easily did their part. If you can find, across ANY MMO, another time that I "QQ"d please feel free. For those that said they have cleared it, show me or shut up.

We had a guild claim they beat the new HM FP last night and when I told them to show me just the fight they couldn't. Really? You can't tell me what it drops? I mean you can look that up and tell me what it drops on the final boss and you failed like that? Get out of here.

Those of you calling this a QQ post have either not played the new content or... no you just haven't played the new content. I spent more than ample time in the new content yesterday and the items I was expecting to see that was brought up by the Devs at the guild summit where maybe half there.

And dude that said, lol, that my statement about the dps going up lost all credibility for the post either has no clue how to play dps or rolls with dps classes that can't play hahaha

So lets see all these hot shots post some videos of your walk through the new content!!! I can't wait!

I should have taken screenshots.Ill do it again today and post it here.

I was Semi Rakata/Columi geared Assassin Tank With Full Rakata Mercenary Arsenal spec, Full Rakata Annhilation Specced Maraduer, and Healer was Semi Rakat/Columi geared Sorcerer.

Wiped twice on boss with Firey pits and Lightening fields and stuff

Wiped 4 times on Platform Boss

Wiped Once on Bonus ICE stalagmite boss

Wiped Once on final Boss

Cant remember/notice any other bosses as didnt wipe.

Healer comments were that he loved it, hes never been so low on Force that it was actually exciting and challenging.

Id post Spoilers for all the encounters and how to over come them, But Id rather s*****r and just say SKILL > GEAR

But a bit of a dps race on last boss.

As for the Operation, Not done it on Hard Mode yet, but have on Normal so probably irrelevant to the OP, but founf the HM FP Harder than the Story Mode OP

Edited by TheRedNalroni

Lol in every single MMO I have ever played after a patch that changes skills all you get is people complaining they have been unfairly nerfed, that it will doom the game and we should all \unsub right now blah blah blah.

L2Adapt.

cool

Nope my BH is doing fine, if not better than before

Come on bro...

Makes me feel like you havn't actually spent much time playing with a Sorc/Sage healer

Dunno, you could be right about this? But going off the track record, maybe not.

You should check out the other threads about Lost Islands tuning, almost all complaints are about this boss. Should help.

Now you're just being weird. Just cause you struggled with one FP boss that is, may I remind Tier 2 boss, meant to be harder than other HM FP bosses. And yes, story mode of everything is pretty easy. EV and KP story, easy. Normal flashpoints easy, EC Story - bit more challenging, as it should be. You seem like the guy who'd cry on CoD because he couldnt finish Veteran difficulty...come on now

Its a grind, I agree - but meh, most people have crap ton of money. And they're not required, they're optional.

Stupid.
Yes...

Whoever started this post is retarded. No singular patch has led to the "downfall" of a game holy crap please if you are unhappy with the 1.2 patch go somewhere else to piss and moan like wow and complain their new panda crap

Thats not true, i know of at least one patch that more or less killed a game,NGE anyone :mad:

ON topic

Will 1.2 be the fall of SWTOR not very likely, I tried the new FP yesterday with a few in my guild. We are far from great players and wiped numerous times and didn't even make it (Good thing they lowered the repair costs :D ) But i don't remember the last time we had this much fun.

Edited by Kaliendre

QQ man seriously go outside and do some stuff in the world and you will realize its just a game and no reason to contemplate IRL suicide. They did changes based on what WE suggested, and they are trying to balance it out for pvp and pve, thats gotta be pretty hard to do. Ya they didnt release everything including ranked wzs in 1.2 like they said (which pissed me off), but still its better than coming out with a bunch of glitchy, ****** new things that gets everyone pissed. The fall of 1.2? ranked hasn't even came yet, go back to wow, swtor doesnt want cry babies like you anyways. Some of us appeciate the free month, never seen blizzard or any other mmo company thats popular do that, so if you dont like it shove it and quit go back to wow or school, loser