Strictly PvP?

feefty

Just wondering how many people play the game just to PvP? When I started I was into the whole endgame content ops, fps pretty much everything. But given we only had 3 real raids which turned into sm/hm/nim that was pretty mind dumbing so started pvping and haven't stopped since. How many others are here for the "stunning" PvP aspect of the game?

the only pve i do is the dailys sometimes when i need some cash, or when im lvlin up a new alt. other than that im purely pvpn. ive never really grasped the fun in playing online games like this just to pve/raid whatever. but thats me.

At 50, PvE dailies for cash only for the most part. Under 50, I will PvE to level for the most part and PvP to keep up valor up with level so I can bank WH comms as soon as I hit level 40; although now it seems I will be PvPing more often with the ability to have more comms and levels don't seem to tic too far after valor with the XP boosts on; so likely will be just class quests, and that makes me very happy TBH.

I only do PvE for aesthetic gear or to get PvE gear for my healer companion so I can do the dailies for credits faster.

I prefer PvP because people are just all around calmer. In PvE you get those micro-managers with anger issues ready to dole out blame to everyone even though most times they're the real problem. They act like every wipe (Even minor ones) are the end of the freakin' world.

Sure, sometimes you get a cranky PvP player, but they're usually PvE players, in PvE gear and getting rolled because they have no Expertise (And yet, they're blaming the entire team because they can't cap/defend a node). I have some rage quitters leave, blasting the whole team as they make their grand departure, only to have our team rally for the win.

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

I dislike pre-50 pvp a lot so I try to avoid it as much as possible. Once I've purchased a suit of warhero on my main for my new character(s) generally;

• PVE till 35
  • Max valor
  • PVE till 39
  • Max valor (40)
  • Quest until 45
  • Max Comms - Takes about ~2 levels or depending on class/win rate.
  • PVE til 50

Once at 50 I don't PVE at all; Strictly PVP.

Edited by Blasphemerr

I only do PvE for aesthetic gear or to get PvE gear for my healer companion so I can do the dailies for credits faster.

I prefer PvP because people are just all around calmer. In PvE you get those micro-managers with anger issues ready to dole out blame to everyone even though most times they're the real problem. They act like every wipe (Even minor ones) are the end of the freakin' world.

Sure, sometimes you get a cranky PvP player, but they're usually PvE players, in PvE gear and getting rolled because they have no Expertise (And yet, they're blaming the entire team because they can't cap/defend a node). I have some rage quitters leave, blasting the whole team as they make their grand departure, only to have our team rally for the win.

I don't pug much but when I do I tend to believe the angry people in /ops are only being angry for the sake of their own ego :p "omgz'd you guse r so bad" = "I'm not the reason we're losing WHO AGREES WITH ME?"

Just wondering how many people play the game just to PvP? When I started I was into the whole endgame content ops, fps pretty much everything. But given we only had 3 real raids which turned into sm/hm/nim that was pretty mind dumbing so started pvping and haven't stopped since. How many others are here for the "stunning" PvP aspect of the game?

I don't raid much, but I've done a few. I would do them more if I could find a reliable group, but it's a pain. I mostly pvp and do the rakghoul weeklies.

i would love to go 100% pvp but the grind is too tedious - too many games just hanging out solo at nodes while the rest of the team scatters to the four corners of the map- would rather farm mats than play some of the warzones i've been in lately

so, as the game is now, pvp till i'm sick of it each day (can be as little as two games or 10 games)- then i do space missions (i forgot to mention how much i hate leveling/questing) till i clear the daily log then i will maybe do some of the class quest-- when i get sick of that i will log on to another toon and do the same

As myself being just a simple Star Wars fan I bought the game full price and played the story arcs of two toons. Then I PVE'd HM FP's and occasionally joined some guilds to do the tier 2's. The daunting amount of time it takes to acquire some of the Black Hole gear like a main hand weapon was discouraging and then I discovered PVP.

Like you guys I only go back to PVE for credits. I use the credits to add augments to my WH gear. :o

I was the other way around. I quickly reached valor 80 on a char, went meh I'm done playing the same 3-4 warzones over and over again and switched to PvE. I'm kind of a solo player though so I always pug PvE. So far I've pugged everything but the last three TfB HM bosses. Edited by MidichIorian

Ugh so need to do some dailies for creds but after doing them every day for 3 months or so I can't even force myself yo try. Would be nice if they were to bump up credits per wz but making it through. Already had my gear augged for the most part when I quit pve so kinda made a nice difference but hard to keep crew skills going.