SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

Update on Strongholds: The cap is being increased to 10 and the Conquest bonus percentage will be hard-capped at 150 percent. Both changes will happen with Game Update 5.5.

Very nice, but I'm running short on decorations for the train, will you be implementing a feature similar to collections and donating decorations through the stronghold menu for claiming multiple copies of your own decorations through credits or cartel coins?

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update on Strongholds: The cap is being increased to 10 and the Conquest bonus percentage will be hard-capped at 150 percent. Both changes will happen with Game Update 5.5.

Thank you! :)

Umbara train, here I come.... :Don 10th.....:o

Totally hear you on this, and it is a fair concern. We are looking at two numbers to potentially increase. First, maximum chars allowed per server (currently 52) and the amount of "default" char slots a sub has (currently 12). Hoping to have some locked down details to share in the next couple of weeks, with the ultimate goal of largely alleviating the issue you presented above.

How about free transfers for overflow characters? That way people with tons of characters can spread them about between East, West, and Eu if they like.

Very nice, but I'm running short on decorations for the train, will you be implementing a feature similar to collections and donating decorations through the stronghold menu for claiming multiple copies of your own decorations through credits or cartel coins?

I'd second that as long as it's not CC's.

server merge dont care.. legacy currency awesome ..and the only thing to look forward too is NOV 28th ..cant believe but not surprised NO NEW CONTENT ..and even on NOV 28TH WE GET ONE BOSS ONE FP AND ONE COMPANION PLAYERS WANT CONTENT THE NEED TO EXPLORE.. ID PAY 50 BUCKS FOR A NEW EXPANSION RATHER THEN THE WAY YOU DO THINGS.. DOING THE SAME STUFF OVER AND OVER AGAIN WILL NOT KEEP PLAYERS YOU CAN ONLY DO THIS STUFF SO MANY TIMES...sorry some of it is ok and some is just makes no difference to the game your just doing a server merge to do the same stuff we are doing now .GET SOME NEW CONTENT A NEW EXPANSION SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU WANT TO PLAY .BECAUSE ID RATHER BE PLAYING WOW THERE IS MORE TO DO MORE TO EXPLORE MORE RAIDS AND DUNGEONS .ANYTHING THESE ARE MY THOUGHTS

Yup. I agree. I've said elsewhere, I went back to F2P last month, and planning to stay off-line until December at least. I have zero interest in logging back in for the foreseeable future. I truly miss the SoR expansion, and the hutts, and would pay for that. Right now, my time is better spent elsewhere on my steam backlog. Sadly, new games keep coming out with actual content, and come November when the patch hits, we have the steam Halloween sale exp. 30th October, Black Friday sales, and Xmas sale, and I'll have more new games.

I was hoping for more from this roadmap. I had my fingers crossed so much, it's just way too little too late to keep me from coming back right now to a game I once adored.

Any chance you guys might adopt The Bad Feeling Podcast's suggestion that the conquest bonus would be based on rooms unlocked instead of hooks filled? I'd love to have my strongholds looking good rather than filled with chairs. At this stage it serves no purpose to fill hooks in this manner.

Any chance you guys might adopt The Bad Feeling Podcast's suggestion that the conquest bonus would be based on rooms unlocked instead of hooks filled? I'd love to have my strongholds looking good rather than filled with chairs. At this stage it serves no purpose to fill hooks in this manner.

You don't *have* to fill it with chairs. You are making the choice to get the largest possible Conquest bonus at the expense of having a nice looking stronghold. Unlocking rooms is easy...filling with chairs is easy...having a good looking stronghold is a challenge. I really don't see what purpose connecting unlocked rooms to Conquest would achieve...I mean, why even connect Conquest to your stronghold at all if that's the case...

Will it screw up Preferred Status players? Or you just don't care about all your players

Actually, we do care about all of our players. That's why we will address currencies and content access for all players this year, too.

---Keith

I guess the elaboration on this will still happen later this year?:rak_02: I didn't see any mention of this in the roadmap unless I somehow missed it. If so please do point me towards it!

You don't *have* to fill it with chairs. You are making the choice to get the largest possible Conquest bonus at the expense of having a nice looking stronghold. Unlocking rooms is easy...filling with chairs is easy...having a good looking stronghold is a challenge. I really don't see what purpose connecting unlocked rooms to Conquest would achieve...I mean, why even connect Conquest to your stronghold at all if that's the case...

Actually having a nice looking stronghold isn't the issue. It's the mind-numbingly tedious process of filling these massive strongholds with chairs and other assorted garbage just for the bonus. I am not interested in the 'challenge' of decorating 6 strongholds. I just don't want to be disadvantaged in the Conquest competition because I don't have them all filled.

Eric, Keith if you could, could you please confirm the priority rules for name collisions?

Right now, it appears it's:

1) Subscribers first; within that group

Longest play time

2) Preferred; within that group

Longest play time

3) F2P; within that group

Longest play time.

Is that the order?

Actually having a nice looking stronghold isn't the issue. It's the mind-numbingly tedious process of filling these massive strongholds with chairs and other assorted garbage just for the bonus. I am not interested in the 'challenge' of decorating 6 strongholds. I just don't want to be disadvantaged in the Conquest competition because I don't have them all filled.

That's why they're capping the conquest bonus at 150% so you can have your one or two, however many, strongholds maxed out for conquest and, if you want, some just to decorate without fear of gimping yourself or your guild if they're not full.

Does this mean we will be getting new strongholds post patch 5.5? I'd love a Copero stronghold in Chiss style/architecture, like a hybrid between a mansion and military installation :)

I'm sure more strongholds are coming at some point. But I wouldn't necessarily expect them soon. But who knows. I think the cap is to accommodate the server merge.

"Active Strongholds will be unaffected by the United Forces update. If you have Strongholds from more than one Legacy coming together, both will be added to your list. If you have more than one of a specific Stronghold (such as multiple Coruscant Apartments), they will both be retained and accessible. If the combination of the two Strongholds takes you above the cap of six, they will all be retained. However, you cannot activate new Strongholds until you return to a number below the cap."

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002

Keith, in order to accomodate the RP community and to ease some of their concerns, might you consider expanding the "Ignore" option ingame so that if a player is being harassed by another person they could choose to ignore their entire legacy or even account? Also, could the ignore option be extended thus far that you don't see the specific player that is being ignored ingame?

Yup. I agree. I've said elsewhere, I went back to F2P last month, and planning to stay off-line until December at least. I have zero interest in logging back in for the foreseeable future. I truly miss the SoR expansion, and the hutts, and would pay for that. Right now, my time is better spent elsewhere on my steam backlog. Sadly, new games keep coming out with actual content, and come November when the patch hits, we have the steam Halloween sale exp. 30th October, Black Friday sales, and Xmas sale, and I'll have more new games.

I was hoping for more from this roadmap. I had my fingers crossed so much, it's just way too little too late to keep me from coming back right now to a game I once adored.

Out of genuine curiosity, what games are you turning to?

I figured out a system for those I need to loot or click something. I would send my companion in to fight the NPC and I would click what I needed to click. It was getting funny to watch some of the ones standing there waiting to click the object when my companion killed the NPC while I was clicking the object. As far as the black hole area where I needed to kill xx amount I would send my companion to one section and I would do another.

I know having more people can be a problem but there are ways to work around it.

I've done that alot, but the problem of kill x of x mobs will still exist...even in a group situation when there are 175+ ppl on the planet with a few groups doing the same exact mission as you. But as I've said before, that's my take on it and once again it's only worth a grain of salt :)

Keith, in order to accomodate the RP community and to ease some of their concerns, might you consider expanding the "Ignore" option ingame so that if a player is being harassed by another person they could choose to ignore their entire legacy or even account? Also, could the ignore option be extended thus far that you don't see the specific player that is being ignored ingame?

Yeah I definitely think Legacy Ignore should be high on QOL Priority List. Not just RPers want it, pretty much everyone who played any online game ever

I'm hoping for a lower planet instance cap, so more instances show up per planet. So competing for objectives won't be much more of an issue than now. Also, some heroic spawns still need faster timers. I don't really do heroics often, but some of those timers are pretty brutal, the champ on dk comes to mind.

please make there a difference when getting original companions back, between the other 7 classes and if they happen to be your former companion. my sith warrior regaining Vette for instance really didn't seem any more special or different than when Vette was awarded to my smuggler or my BH. a bit of extra dialog would go a long way to feeling like you had a close bond and relationship with some of these characters before.

It stacks on the existing perk. So, in the situation where you have four or more characters in your legacy at Command Rank 300, you will receive a 100% bonus to the base CXP value. If you decide to rank up additional characters you gain CXP a bit faster.

Today, we do not have plans to increase the percentage above 100%.

--Keith-

Hey Keith,

I don't know if this was asked yet, but will this new 100% bonus work above command level 300 or will it stop at 300 like the existing perk? Or will the existing one be reworked so it will also work above 300? ;)