Smuggler Storyline Discussion

Lu_Bei

The scenes with

Viidu

really set the stage for the smuggler. A pretty good character for a classline introduction. However,

I do think following the girl who is secretly working for Skavak would have been more interesting than Corso.

Really, Corso doesn't take off as a character until you start having personal conversations with him. The bond between him and the smuggler is very well done; very well written and acted. Its strange, because his first few spoken lines

are rather disinteresting. Who is this guy? Why am I taking him with me? Why should I care that he hates separatists? Of all the starter companions I've seen in the game, Corso is the only one for which it seems like you're just taking him to take him.

I think the lead-up to leaving for Coruscant was very well executed. And you really feel like you're on a grand adventure.

Well, that's all I'll write for now. What did/do all of you see as interesting to comment on? If spoilers are advanced in level please do like this:

Level 7

Corso!

I didn't have similar issues with the starting companion, actually. Mind you, I like him alot, so that might have something to do with it. But seriously:

Corso was as bothered and upset about what Skavik did, as my smuggler was. He'd been personally smashed over the head, the boss he admired had been killed, and his own personal property stolen. As he said, losing a ship was probably a bigger deal than his losing a blaster. But I wasn't at all surprised he wanted to join me in hunting down the guy who'd done so much harm to so many of us. As you get to know him, it makes even more sense, mind you. Corso is VERY loyal, it's probably his hallmark trait. Skavik's betrayal was a blow to the ideals he holds true to more than anything, shrug.

All in all, I thought the smuggler story was very well done. I am only gratified I didn't actually finish it before the end of the Beta. It'll be fun as heck to take it through to the end, I'm so excited at the chance.

Let me preface this by saying I haven't read any of the above spoilers and I only played a smuggler up to mid-20s during the stress test.

So forgive me if the following has already been mentioned, please!

Minor Smuggler spoilers, major KoTOR spoilers:

When you finally get your ship back there is a woman on board (whose name I have forgotten) who makes mention of Davik Kang. This is a quick review of the character for those who would like a refresher as to who he is and a little background for those who are entirely unfamiliar with him:

I'm very new at making movies, so I hope it all makes sense.

I will ultimately add another video, but it will be some time off since I will not be playing a smuggler first.