Time To Vote For Your Marauder Class Representative!

EricMusco

Who should be your Marauder Class Representative?  

617 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be your Marauder Class Representative?

• oofalong
    • Aluvi
    • Gudarzz
    • MrGrzecka

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Based on the nominations that many of you made in your nominations thread, the poll above highlights the top possible candidates to be your Class Representative. This poll will run until Monday, July 29th. At that point whoever has won the poll will be your new Class Representative! Around that time I will also post the schedule for each AC on when they will be submitting their top 3.

As a note, if for some reason you do not see someone who was nominated in the above poll it could be for a few reasons:

• They declined the nomination.
  • They never responded to the PM to confirm interest.
  • They were never contacted as only the candidates who appeared to have a few nominations were reached out to.
  • They have a forum account which is suspended.

Again, please vote in the poll above by Monday, July 29th. Good luck everyone!

-eric

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem of this vote is that the players who we can vote for nobody plays pve and pvp on a high level.

and all 3 speccs. oofalong is pve player only i mean and guardzz a very good pvp player. you see?

bad english sorry

I have no idea of the playing habits or skill of Gudarzz or oofalong. Does it matter? Isn't the job to compile forum feedback?

Considering the role of the class rep is to compile feedback from the class forums and provide it to the devs. It seems odd that Gudarzz, who is leading this poll, has never posted to the Marauder or Sentinel forums.

I would have thought this class community wanted someone who actually interacted with them.

An astute observation. I realized when voting that it may have been coincidental that oofalong was the only candidate I had ever heard of, but it's apparently a reflection of actual candidate forum habits.

I have no idea of the playing habits or skill of Gudarzz or oofalong. Does it matter? Isn't the job to compile forum feedback?
Yes you are right. They are in essence just turning into a forum secretary ;)

But ofcourse any knowledge they may have with the class, or any issues they see with their class, they can promulgate, discuss and share with the community. Something that people might not even actively participate in, but may now have the motivation to because of this Class Representative program. I can be playing the game for a week but if i have good PvE or PVP input (preferrably both!), and will start to post actively from here on and am good with words, then potentially i can be a good class secretary slash forum compiler as well.

Edited by paowee

...Something that people might not even actively participate in, but may now have the motivation to because of this Class Representative program. These people were approached by Eric and showed interest in becoming a Class Rep. That means an interest in facilitating and sparking discussion in the forums. I can be playing the game for a week but if i have good PvE or PVP input (preferrably both! :p ), and will start to post actively from here on and am good with words, then potentially i can be a good class secretary slash forum compiler as well.

It just seems to me that the people already interested in facilitating and sparking discussion are probably the best candidates, right? If we are just picking a secretary I would rather have someone who already transcribes thoughts.

Plus, it was only three months ago that Gudarzz was quitting the game, what happens if s/he does quit in the next two months before the Marauder questions are actually asked?

Hello! I just wanted to thank everyone for voting (even if it wasn't for me :p). This class representative idea is a great initiative and will hopefully bring about some positive changes to the game.

There has a been a lot of discussion about the "ideal" class representative. People seem to be completely confused about the actual responsibility of this position. It has been exaggerated to the point where people believe these representatives will be altering class balance singlehandedly. As such, a "PVE vs PVP" mindset is starting to develop. We don't want this.

The class representative is merely responsible for collecting and organizing the concerns/ideas of the community to present to the developers. While it is beneficial for the representative to be "best in class", the ability to establish a real conversation about class balance is more important.

Considering the role of the class rep is to compile feedback from the class forums and provide it to the devs. It seems odd that Gudarzz, who is leading this poll, has never posted to the Marauder or Sentinel forums.

I would have thought this class community wanted someone who actually interacted with them.

There have been some posts criticizing my lack of participation in the marauder threads (see above). I would argue that there are other ways to interact with the community outside the forums. I have a strong twitch.tv following. Viewers of all classes and backgrounds (PVE/PVP) come to ask questions AND to provide commentary/feedback on MY gameplay. (i.e. "Gudarzz you noob! Stop smashing without stacks!" or "Gudarzz watch out for the Vanguard!" :)). WIth over 35,000 views, 400 + followers, and hundreds of hours of content, my community interaction is certainly not lacking.

It just seems to me that the people already interested in facilitating and sparking discussion are probably the best candidates, right? If we are just picking a secretary I would rather have someone who already transcribes thoughts.

Plus, it was only three months ago that Gudarzz was quitting the game, what happens if s/he does quit in the next two months before the Marauder questions are actually asked?

Finally, I am not quitting the game. I wouldn't accept the nomination if I was planning to quit.

Hopefully, this clears up some of the confusion. Now get out there and vote!

TLDR resume:

2900 rating/1000+ ranked games with <Hey im mvp>, a top ranked PVP guild.

Close ties/alt toons with <Suckafish>, a top PVE progression guild.

Strong stream following.

Organized SWTOR charity event and raised over $1100 for Toys for TOTS.

Created the 360 saber throw.

Hello! I just wanted to thank everyone for voting (even if it wasn't for me :p). This class representative idea is a great initiative and will hopefully bring about some positive changes to the game.

There has a been a lot of discussion about the "ideal" class representative. People seem to be completely confused about the actual responsibility of this position. It has been exaggerated to the point where people believe these representatives will be altering class balance singlehandedly. As such, a "PVE vs PVP" mindset is starting to develop. We don't want this.

The class representative is merely responsible for collecting and organizing the concerns/ideas of the community to present to the developers. While it is beneficial for the representative to be "best in class", the ability to establish a real conversation about class balance is more important.

There have been some posts criticizing my lack of participation in the marauder threads (see above). I would argue that there are other ways to interact with the community outside the forums. I have a strong twitch.tv following. Viewers of all classes and backgrounds (PVE/PVP) come to ask questions AND to provide commentary/feedback on MY gameplay. (i.e. "Gudarzz you noob! Stop smashing without stacks!" or "Gudarzz watch out for the Vanguard!" :)). WIth over 35,000 views, 400 + followers, and hundreds of hours of content, my community interaction is certainly not lacking.

Finally, I am not quitting the game. I wouldn't accept the nomination if I was planning to quit.

Hopefully, this clears up some of the confusion. Now get out there and vote!

TLDR resume:

2900 rating/1000+ ranked games with <Hey im mvp>, a top ranked PVP guild.

Close ties/alt toons with <Suckafish>, a top PVE progression guild.

Strong stream following.

Organized SWTOR charity event and raised over $1100 for Toys for TOTS.

Created the 360 saber throw.

Welcome to the right forum; i'm glad you found it :p

Talked to Oofalong in chat for a bit about what he could provide to the class in terms of balance. He seems quite knowledgeable and focused on fixing what the community perceives as weaknesses to the class. Not sure about the others, but that's good enough to get my vote. +1 Oofalong