Powertech/Vanguard Melee weapon Option

TalonVII

With these two classes once you upgrade to them, you simply get to keep on using the same weapon. Granted they are great tanks, but considering PvPing, and you don't really see any melee classes outside of jedi[which i think is a load of feldercarb] why not allow powertechs and Vanguards to be able to equip say techstaffs?

I mean with a little re-design of the central skill tree for the Vanguard and the Powertech, you could focus a whole skill tree to the tech blade.

Tactics and Advanced prototype. Both have a kinfe attack that is gained, and they both have a fire type attack for their last skill.

I'd replace both with something for an extra attack with the tech blade. Some kind of extra attack. Now their standard attack would have to be aligned so they could use it for both a blaster and a tech blade, not hard to do, i'd just make it something like the techblade version of rapid fire. Now the fire attack, i'd replace it with some variation of an NPC attack i always see called "Spinning blades" Where the npc just spins his staff or blade around doing all sorts of insane damage upon you.

Now to compliment the tech staff both would need an off hand blaster so they could do certain skills like mortar volley for the Vanguard or Unload for the Bounty hunter.

Because for the non jedi/sith classes, it's just you restrict us to ranged weapons which i don't think is fair since you gave sith/jedi for certain classes ranged force attacks. So i think it's only fair that you give a few more melee options for the non force users. I mean the Agent and it's two up classes have the Shiv, but it's IMO not enough.

I think these two tanks just to open up their options should have the ability to equip melee weapons and you change the tactics and advanced prototype to accommodate the tech blades, that way you have a choice whether to focus on your blaster or your blade which i think would make it even more fun for these to classes.

This will never happen as it is too much in conflict with the current design of the game. At most we can hope for more weapon options, but these will still be the same types of weapons (i.e. maybe a pistol option for operatives, a rifle option for scoundrels, a dual-bladed lightsaber option for guardians, etc..but no guardians with assault cannons or bountyhunters with a vibroblades)

This will never happen as it is too much in conflict with the current design of the game. At most we can hope for more weapon options, but these will still be the same types of weapons (i.e. maybe a pistol option for operatives, a rifle option for scoundrels, a dual-bladed lightsaber option for guardians, etc..but no guardians with assault cannons or bountyhunters with a vibroblades)

I wasn't asking for jedi to have assault cannons, but it just sucks that most other classes simply suck up close and personal.

I just wanted non jedi tanks to have access to melee weapons, not give blasters to sith and jedi when they have the force to do that for them :rak_03:

Still think that vanguards and powertechs would benfit from this.

• 2 years later...
I agree tech type melee weps are pretty pointless apart from companions and BH wouldn't just use blasters I wud love my powertech to be able to use techblades and tbh wouldn't be that much of a problem as Powertech isn't Ranged per say Edited by thalkrin