I present a Challenge.

Polymerize

@Vasyel I'm on the shadowlands, near 3k rating and have sub 10 legitimate losses with 350+ wins. This is not boasting e-peen but it's clear who is currently #1 in ranked on our server.

Utopi on Jedi Covenant has like 6 legitimate losses with ~250 wins, it just means that you can be very selective about the people you queue with. Attempting to judge a guild off of the stats of one person (I'd need to gather way more info about the guilds you were talking about and your own guild, which would be a major drag) is like saying, "hey, I can 1v1 people, I'z uber good"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me answer your first question with this: He thinks the highest maul an assassin can do is 5k on a sorcerer, and 6k if he puts all of his points/stats towards damage, with absolutely no crit

I think i get it. But he seems to be avoiding my question to his validity so i'm going to ask again.

I'm not concerned with people knowing my 'opinion' on matters. I'm concerned with teaching other people how to play the game, because the people that are considered to be 'good' in this game, really are not. The overall skill cap on this game in the community is no where near its potential.

Yet again you say you want to teach people how? How is your "breakdown" of their performance going to help? What makes you a qualified teacher in the study of pvp? At this point all I am seeing is your take on certain classes and their strengths and weaknesses but not once have i seen any reason why I should take anything you say seriously because as I have stated you have yet to show a single thing that legitimize yourself as a learned pvper.

So please kindly enlighten me and the rest of the posters in this thread.

I understand that you want to see some reasoning behind why anything I say should have value and carry weight. If you play on POT5, we can play some games. If not, you'll have to wait until I can record some footage.

But the way I see it is, you need to take a step back and look at these forums before I started posting ~3 days ago. No one in the forums discusses anything interesting. I'm bringing a lot to the table, versus a bunch of people bringing nothing. I could understand you pushing the issue of how I have nothing to back my legitimacy, IF there were numerous other people on these forums trying to do something positive like myself. That simple fact is there is not.

Only posts in this forum are all *****y whiny nerf this nerf that topics. I'll just stop posting if you guys want to read filth all day with no sustenance whatsoever.

Edited by Polymerize

I understand that you want to see some reasoning behind why anything I say should have value and carry weight. If you play on POT5, we can play some games. If not, you'll have to wait until I can record some footage.

But the way I see it is, you need to take a step back and look at these forums before I started posting ~3 days ago. No one in the forums discusses anything interesting. I'm bringing a lot to the table, versus a bunch of people bringing nothing. I could understand you pushing the issue of how I have nothing to back my legitimacy, IF there were numerous other people on these forums trying to do something positive like myself. That simple fact is there is not.

Only posts in this forum are all *****y whiny nerf this nerf that topics. I'll just stop posting if you guys want to read filth all day with no sustenance whatsoever.

At least they are reading. let the haters hate, and just remember, some of your information has already helped some people.

At least they are reading. let the haters hate, and just remember, some of your information has already helped some people.

Who says I am a hater? I did not once say that the OP is wrong or trolling nothing of the sort. All I asked was for him to give some legitimacy to what he is saying and why we should take it seriously. You say he helped you and some others that is great. But I want to see a bit more before I acknowledge it and learn from it.

But the way I see it is, you need to take a step back and look at these forums before I started posting ~3 days ago..

There are many threads in the pvp forums that do not have anything to do with balance or stuns. Yes it is a hot topic but it certainly is not posted all the time. I'm sorry but that statement shows a little arrogance. You see the forums were as they always were before you posted and will continue to be after you have posted so I am not sure what your trying to say with that statement.

Edited by theUndead

You definitely might have some interesting stuff to say. I read your Voidstar guide (the revised one, not the first mess), and found most of your points to be spot on; more people should definitely play with objectives in mind, particularly in the ways you suggested.

But even if you have something to offer to the community, your presentation can be annoying, unattractive, and repellent.

I'm bringing a lot to the table, versus a bunch of people bringing nothing.

You are willing to dismiss every single contributor to this forum while simultaneously saying that you are god's gift to TOR? There are plenty of thoughtful discussions of classes, abilities, balance, gearing, general advice, and so on across this forum. Most of the people who post those threads are willing to let their work speak for itself. They do not just accuse the entire forumgoing population of being stupid and ignorant.

but the way I see it is, you need to take a step back and look at these forums before I started posting ~3 days ago..

The sheer arrogance of quotes like this is pretty unbelievable. I am willing to believe that you are an intelligent person. You are probably not arrogant in real life, and you would probably be a great buddy and gaming partner to have. But when you post on the forum, you really come off like a jerk. It's one thing to try and be an authority on a subject. It's another to repeatedly insult your fellow players and posters, praising yourself at their expense.

I will personally breakdown and analysis each moment of the game in an attempt to help convey pertinent messages to the community. All breakdown and analysis will be constructive criticism for your benefit and for the benefit of all who watch.

What authority do you have? You might genuinely have something to teach, but in presenting yourself like this, you are only annoying your readers. Have some humility, or at least try and convey a sense of humility to your audience.

Instead of trying to TELL people you are an authority, SHOW people that you are an authority.

Post an annotated video of your own game for the community's consideration. Let THEM criticize you, not the other way around. Your revised Voidstar guide was a great step in that direction; I liked reading it and there are definitely players who would benefit from your advice. This new thread is a complete reversal.

As to the topic of this thread, if you have a Pub character on Pot5, feel free to whisper me and we can queue up anytime. If you take a look at my guide, you will see that you and I are on basically the same page when it comes to objective-oriented gameplay.

Edited by ktkenshinx

There are many threads in the pvp forums that do not have anything to do with balance or stuns. Yes it is a hot topic but it certainly is not posted all the time. I'm sorry but that statement shows a little arrogance. You see the forums were as they always were before you posted and will continue to be after you have posted so I am not sure what your trying to say with that statement.

Let me clarify, the PVP Forums specifically are filled with crap, for the most part. I don't read anywhere else in the forum except the Classes forum occasionally.

You definitely might have some interesting stuff to say. I read your Voidstar guide (the revised one, not the first mess), and found most of your points to be spot on; more people should definitely play with objectives in mind, particularly in the ways you suggested.

But even if you have something to offer to the community, your presentation can be annoying, unattractive, and repellent.

You are willing to dismiss every single contributor to this forum while simultaneously saying that you are god's gift to TOR? There are plenty of thoughtful discussions of classes, abilities, balance, gearing, general advice, and so on across this forum. Most of the people who post those threads are willing to let their work speak for itself. They do not just accuse the entire forumgoing population of being stupid and ignorant.

The sheer arrogance of quotes like this is pretty unbelievable. I am willing to believe that you are an intelligent person. You are probably not arrogant in real life, and you would probably be a great buddy and gaming partner to have. But when you post on the forum, you really come off like a jerk. It's one thing to try and be an authority on a subject. It's another to repeatedly insult your fellow players and posters, praising yourself at their expense.

What authority do you have? You might genuinely have something to teach, but in presenting yourself like this, you are only annoying your readers. Have some humility, or at least try and convey a sense of humility to your audience.

Instead of trying to TELL people you are an authority, SHOW people that you are an authority.

Post an annotated video of your own game for the community's consideration. Let THEM criticize you, not the other way around. Your revised Voidstar guide was a great step in that direction; I liked reading it and there are definitely players who would benefit from your advice. This new thread is a complete reversal.

As to the topic of this thread, if you have a Pub character on Pot5, feel free to whisper me and we can queue up anytime. If you take a look at my guide, you will see that you and I are on basically the same page when it comes to objective-oriented gameplay.

Thanks for some legit feedback.

I try to stay professional and good hearted but after about 50 comments from 10 different people just saying negative/irrelevant things I lose my ****. If there were more people like you, people who actually have something to contribute to the conversation, I would be much more mellow.

I've talked to a few people that have recommended 'x-split' or 'fraps' for the purpose of just recording videos. Would this be a good place to start in order for me to record videos with commentary?

"You are willing to dismiss every single contributor to this forum while simultaneously saying that you are god's gift to TOR? There are plenty of thoughtful discussions of classes, abilities, balance, gearing, general advice, and so on across this forum. Most of the people who post those threads are willing to let their work speak for itself. They do not just accuse the entire forumgoing population of being stupid and ignorant."

I just started using these forums recently. I honestly have not come across many useful threads. I wasn't intending to discount the threads that are useful though. As far as the threads that are updated in the PVP part of the forums, most of them have very little sustenance.

"You are willing to dismiss every single contributor to this forum while simultaneously saying that you are god's gift to TOR? There are plenty of thoughtful discussions of classes, abilities, balance, gearing, general advice, and so on across this forum. Most of the people who post those threads are willing to let their work speak for itself. They do not just accuse the entire forumgoing population of being stupid and ignorant."

I just started using these forums recently. I honestly have not come across many useful threads. I wasn't intending to discount the threads that are useful though. As far as the threads that are updated in the PVP part of the forums, most of them have very little sustenance.

Then you have no right to dismiss other threads just because you have only just recently posted and again you keep avoiding my question but it's okay I will try to couch it in a different way. You seem to be knowledgeable and probably know some things that can be useful. But the way you address things in your previous posts can come across both arrogant and somewhat insulting. All we want to know is what your resume is so to speak. What qualifies you to be a authority . All we want is this and if you provide it in a constructive way I will give you all the time you want and acknowledge your feedback. Again let me reiterate I'm sure we can learn from you but if you changed your approach some what perhaps it will make your message easier to understand.

If I see a post by someone who seems to be trying to learn, I will give some advice.

Mostly though all I see is flamebait.

And ingame, forget it. Give someone a tip or a pointer, no matter how nice you are about it, and they get mad at you.

This is what happens when the console generation grows up and gets on their parent's computers after school. In most cases, people are not worth wasting your ebreath on.

Edited by Arlanon

• 4 weeks later...
Hey, I'm really interested in this thread. When I get a good game solo-queue I'll upload it and send it over. Or maybe with a premade if we're against a good one.

Hey, I'm really interested and excited because of your response! Can't wait.

It doesn't have to be an out of ordinary game. Just a full length game against at least a semi-competent team. Someone submitted a video earlier and it was against the worst people in the game; that is not worth commentating on.

Also, I would prefer that it is not a video on the Advanced Hybergate map. You can get away with a lot on that map without seeing any tangible effects from something either good/bad or right/wrong.

People flame you because of the tone of your posts. You say that you don't care what people say, but you always reply with some wise ***** reply if people troll you. You say you really want to help people and don't care what people think then don't reply to the trolls. TBH it sounds like you are the elitist claiming that everything you do is right and what other people do is wrong. What you should be doing is streaming and explain to people what is happening and why you do the things that you do.

People flame you because of the tone of your posts. You say that you don't care what people say, but you always reply with some wise ***** reply if people troll you. You say you really want to help people and don't care what people think then don't reply to the trolls. TBH it sounds like you are the elitist claiming that everything you do is right and what other people do is wrong. What you should be doing is streaming and explain to people what is happening and why you do the things that you do.

Thanks.

I will point out once again, that I have no streaming capabilities. Otherwise I would be all over that, believe me. That would be so fun! :eek: