What happened to L53 (Prototype Nano-Infused) Stim pricing?

DarthTHC

I've been out of the crafting game for a couple of months, at least.

Back when I was in the game, I could sell the Prototype Nano-Infused * Stims for prices approaching 30k credits each.

Now I look on GTN and they're right around 10k on a high day.

Material costs are just as high as ever, if not higher, with the exception of Medical Grade Injectors which seem to be selling for less than it costs to acquire them via missions.

Did something happen to double the output of the crafts or something?

Thanks!

Edited by DarthTHC

A long, long time ago in a GAME far away, (SWTOR prior to the Cartel Market) I used to sell SPEEDERS! BioWare stepped in and now I don't sell anymore of them. It would be nice to have a craft that BioWare doesn't stand to do better that nets them our cash. Having a craft that altered appearances (hair, clothing, etc) or made things other than MK-9's... would put interest in the game instead of "Collections". lol ... Doing is better than having, but it's their world and they can micromanage it the way they want.

At the prices it would cost to make them on my server it's a net loss of 9k unless I get a exceptional success and I still lose about 2k in materials if I bought them from the broker. Average price is around 2.5k per crafting material so unless I am farming myself it's not worth making them except for guild players now. I use to love to craft in other games, but I am enjoying this 1 less and less.

"Crafted level 401+ Prototype (blue) quality Stims, Adrenals, and Medpacs now yield stacks of 3 or 4 rather than 1 or 2, depending on success type"

2.3 patch change.

This accounts for a portion of it. But there is also the "supply and demand" factor.

Unfortunately we have to compete with people who are too stupid to do basic math and end up forcing entire markets into net loss territory. There comes a point at which they drive the price so low you actually get more per hour running dailies than from crafting, or at best, selling the mats.

I'll tell you what happened...EVERYONE goes on and on about how great biochem is as a skill and how it is the best (and only) skill worth having and the most profitable. So IMO what happened was that a lot of people started making biochem toons and a lot of new players started taking it thus flooding the market which drove the price way down. These people are probably also able to sell cheaper than you because they have likely gotten really lucky with crits and have the extra mats as a result.

I say this because I have armstech on my main and he makes a killing now because everyone dogs about how armstech is terrible and as a result I am one of the only people selling things from that skill on the GTN so my prices can be higher because I don't have competition.

I'll tell you what happened...EVERYONE goes on and on about how great biochem is as a skill and how it is the best (and only) skill worth having and the most profitable. So IMO what happened was that a lot of people started making biochem toons and a lot of new players started taking it thus flooding the market which drove the price way down. These people are probably also able to sell cheaper than you because they have likely gotten really lucky with crits and have the extra mats as a result.

I say this because I have armstech on my main and he makes a killing now because everyone dogs about how armstech is terrible and as a result I am one of the only people selling things from that skill on the GTN so my prices can be higher because I don't have competition.

That is definitely a factor, and the primary reason why I NEVER switch crafting skills.

^^ This is QFT.

I don't use biochem or any of those skills that were apparently get rich quick because the bottom was always going to fall out of the market. I make a good 500-1m a day of only 1 toon doing what I do and I'm happy enough with that.

If people ar selling below the cost of mats that's probably because they are harvesting the mats on other toons and find since the stims actually get used they sell though faster than trying to sell off the mats by themselves ( which would in turn reduce the cost of that market too and in turn bring biochem down anyway ).

Also I love it how people get angsty about people who sell below the market rate or material value when they could simply choose to buy the "cheap" things up on mass and resell them themselves at a higher price point. Infact some of the richest people who harp on about how rich they are in fleet ... this is how they got so rich most of the time.

In the end of your chosen craft isn't making yo uthe money you want anymore then change to something that has less people doing it and thus more demand over supply. That will in turn help balance biochem back out as their are less crafts and gatherers for materials.