Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Kaggath Tournament - Place Your Bets!

Beniboybling

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is indeed a "troll" (I hate that word and it's very rude to use in the internet community, just so you know), then you, MasterMe, are feeding the trool, which is just as bad.

Lol, nice analogy. But I'm sure MasterMe is just trying to placate him as much as I am.

But seriously, lets just put this behind us and get on with the tournament - I don't want to put a downer on the proceedings and we needn't have this argument.

I just hope everyone believe me when I say I am not biased in my decision making. The whole idea of the points system is to help me remain impartial.

If he is indeed a "troll" (I hate that word and it's very rude to use in the internet community, just so you know), then you, MasterMe, are feeding the trool, which is just as bad.

Perhaps you're right. I just couldn't resist a few smart comments. I guess I was a little to zealous in my defense of K-God.

I apologize, SoonerJBD (if I got your name right). I was just a little perturbed at your accusation on Beni.

EDIT: I should not have called you a troll.

Edited by MasterMe

Sure everybody is biased to an extent. We're never gonna be able to get away from that. I also believe that there was a little bit of biased-judging going on in the Traya vs Revan Kaggath, perhaps the Vitiate vs Sidious one too. But both sides to both of those arguments were full of debaters who made excellent points. Those battles could have gone either way. Like you said: everybody is biased. This does not exclude Beni. Take a look at youself. Put youself in Beni's shoes. Who do you think would have won? Obviously you would have thought Sidious. Then guess what? You would have been picking him from the start and would have "made up your mind" before the Kaggath had started. You would have also been a biased judge. So would I. :(

But I don't know why it is so hard for you to believe that we (people arguing for Vitaite) made a convincing argument. Accept it that these battles could go different ways and that not everybody is gonna see everything the same.

The difference is I acknowledge that I had an opinion from the start. Beni wants to pretend he is unbiased.

Why is it hard for me to believe you made a convincing argument? Uhm, because I read your arguments, and they were the opposite of convincing.

*looks shocked*

Oops! I was wrong, class. The troll has yet to be annihilated.

Seriously: you called his Kaggath series a joke. What were you trying to accomplish if not annoy him? I guarentee you that calling anyone a joke is not gonna make them change their ways or turn them into a better judge. Insults through text do nothing but annoy people. You reticule isn't gonna make him decide that Sidious won, it isn't gonna make him see the error in his ways or anything like that. So, in the end, you're just 'riling' him up.

Beni made the Kaggath series into a joke with the decision. What am I trying to accomplish by pointing this out? Truth. I followed that thread for days and when the outcome was clearly fixed from the start, I think that should be acknowledged. I don't expect him to change his mind. I'm not sure that has ever happened on the Internet. And that's actually my whole point. Nothing I say can change his mind. Nothing anyone said in that thread could have changed his mind. Let's all just accept that and move on to our next argument about Revan.

Edited by SoonerJBD

Lol, nice analogy. But I'm sure MasterMe is just trying to placate him as much as I am.

But seriously, lets just put this behind us and get on with the tournament - I don't want to put a downer on the proceedings and we needn't have this argument.

I just hope everyone believe me when I say I am not biased in my decision making. The whole idea of the points system is to help me remain impartial.

I have no problem believing you go through the comments and assign point values in an effort to justify your own opinion. But that doesn't make you unbiased even in the slightest. You are giving points to your own arguments. There is a reason the referees don't participate in the game, Beni. I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt when the outcome is relatively close. But that simply wasn't the case here.

The difference is I acknowledge that I had an opinion from the start. Beni wants to pretend he is unbiased.

Why is it hard for me to believe you made a convincing argument? Uhm, because I read your arguments, and they were the opposite of convincing.

Geez. I just apologized to you and I get this? Really?

I understand if you weren't convinced by me, but you imply that my debating was pathetic or something like that. Answer this: what would the 'opposite of convincing' mean? Are you saying that my points in that debate countered what I was actually trying to say? Or are you just saying that points were pathetic? Neither is true.

I have no problem believing you go through the comments and assign point values in an effort to justify your own opinion. But that doesn't make you unbiased even in the slightest. You are giving points to your own arguments. There is a reason the referees don't participate in the game, Beni. I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt when the outcome is relatively close. But that simply wasn't the case here.

Several of us disagree with you about the outcome. Just saying.

Geez. I just apologized to you and I get this? Really?

I understand if you weren't convinced by me, but you imply that my debating was pathetic or something like that. Answer this: what would the 'opposite of convincing' mean? Are you saying that my points in that debate countered what I was actually trying to say? Or are you just saying that points were pathetic? Neither is true.

I'm saying you are not a very good debater. We all have certain talents and other things we aren't good at. I'm a terrible swimmer.

Edited by SoonerJBD

Interesting fights.....some of these are so close it would make my head hurt trying to think of em.

Grievous vs Mandalore- really tough to say, the mandalorians are pretty much an army of elite commandos and grievous pretty much leads an army composed entirely of droids. Really tough to say, since both sides are unfamiliar with the fighting style of the other, but I'll throw 50 creds on mandalore since they could adapt more quickly

Tyber vs Goto - interesting fight, but I think Tyber would win in the end just cause he has more military power.

Revan vs Kaan - Revan, he just had better.......everything

Malgus vs Xizor - depends, how is the treatment of aliens in the galaxy during this fight?

Traya vs Plagueis - it hurts me to say it but I think plagueis has this one

Exar Kun vs Naga sadow - Naga sadow, but it changes very quickly if naga sadow himself is found....

btw, does each faction get their prominent allies this time around? (excluding darth nihilus for obvious reasons)

Interesting fights.....some of these are so close it would make my head hurt trying to think of em.

Grievous vs Mandalore- really tough to say, the mandalorians are pretty much an army of elite commandos and grievous pretty much leads an army composed entirely of droids. Really tough to say, since both sides are unfamiliar with the fighting style of the other, but I'll throw 50 creds on mandalore since they could adapt more quickly

Tyber vs Goto - interesting fight, but I think Tyber would win in the end just cause he has more military power.

Revan vs Kaan - Revan, he just had better.......everything

Malgus vs Xizor - depends, how is the treatment of aliens in the galaxy during this fight?

Traya vs Plagueis - it hurts me to say it but I think plagueis has this one

Exar Kun vs Naga sadow - Naga sadow, but it changes very quickly if naga sadow himself is found....

btw, does each faction get their prominent allies this time around? (excluding darth nihilus for obvious reasons)

They'll all get an ally of my choice. So yes. Whether this will remain for the Semi-Finals etc remains to be seen.

Don't suppose you could put together a prediction for the top 4? There are virtual cookies in it. :D

Beni, would like you to begin the new series soon, I know you said January 1st you'd debut it, but that's too long to wait.

I like your series and debates, basically.

Well everyone seems pretty eager, and I'm itching to get started too, so I'll try and get it out on the 27th - after Xmas, Boxing Day and all that.

Happy Life Day by the way guys!

They'll all get an ally of my choice. So yes. Whether this will remain for the Semi-Finals etc remains to be seen.

Don't suppose you could put together a prediction for the top 4? There are virtual cookies in it. :D

Yup! I've got thirty homemade, apple-cider-caremel, imaginary cookies betting of Revan for the win! lol

(seriously though - apple-cider-caremel cookies are life-changing)

EDIT: :D

Edited by MasterMe

I would, but I am confused as to how this is working...

I would, but I am confused as to how this is working...

Well no pressure or anything :D

This is how its gonna pan out:

Tournament Set-Up

The winners of Round 1 will progress to the Semi-Finals: two sets of Triple-Duels. And the winners of the Semi-Finals will progress to the Final Round: a 1v1 extravaganza.

1. ?

2. ?

3. ?

4. ?

The easiest way to rank them is by how tough they are, just remember - losers of the 'Kaggath Series' can't take 3rd place (they can take 1st, 2nd and 4th) and of course you can't have say Exar Kun and Naga Sadow in your top 4 cause one of them is gonna get eliminated in the first round.

I know its kinda complicated, so don't feel you have to decide now or anything.

Well no pressure or anything :D

This is how its gonna pan out:

The easiest way to rank them is by how tough they are, just remember - losers of the 'Kaggath Series' can't take 3rd place (they can take 1st, 2nd and 4th) and of course you can't have say Exar Kun and Naga Sadow in your top 4 cause one of them is gonna get eliminated in the first round.

I know its kinda complicated, so don't feel you have to decide now or anything.

Alrighty then

1. Naga Sadow

2. GO-TO

3. Revan

4. Malgus