So... how's the new bg doing?

gvettekill

Kinda not liking it but not because of it's mechanics or the map layout just because people don't have a f*** clue what to do in there, 3 out of 4 hypergates my team had tons of dmg still we lost because the wz ain't about dmg seems like most of imps just wanna kill and that's all they care about :p Edited by wojtekimiolczyk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda not liking it but not because of it's mechanics or the map layout just because people don't have a f*** clue what to do in there, 3 out of 4 hypergates my team had tons of dmg still we lost because the wz ain't about dmg seems like most of imps just wanna kill and that's all they care about :p

was same with huttball for a while. peeps will get it in time.

speaking for my self too, since had no chance to play it last night, so I will be 'that guy' first 2 times prodobly..

I got 2 of them in the 3 hours or so I was playing last night. The first one I typed "never played this before, feel free to shout instructions in chat" when we started, whereupon a couple people did, and then we went on to win. The second one someone also typed in some instructions, and it looked to me like people were trying to follow them, but we were overmatched and lost.

I agree with the poster(s) that said it seems very fast. It feels like you just have time to sort of get "settled" and then the explosion goes off and everything resets. But I think I like it. I was worried it was going to be mostly a 1-v-1 deathmatch map (which I read somewhere), which I don't like (because I suck at straight up 1-v-1 fights). But it didn't feel like that to me at all (maybe because I was one of the people focused on getting and keeping the pylons?).

The fighting in center is where it's mostly 1v1. It's a small area. Thus, when the explosion happens there are a lot of players in there.

Dislike

Hyper garbage embodies everything I dislike about pvp in TOR

1. Stun Fuster style map lay out

2. Low roof melee area limits visibility

3. Gear towards more 1v1 style pvp

4. Insta death mechanic

I'll still play it when it pops, I have Stockholm's Syndrome (err, wink?)

So it is geared toward more 1 vs 1? God have mercy on the Mercs....

Looks like I'm going against the grain here. Said it in another thread but personally I can't stand it. I'm sure it'll be great for RWZs but as a sniper who pugs right now it's just impossible. For normal warzones where you get a lot of pugs this is going to be by far the worst warzone out there. If you're with a premade sure fine it'll be fun otherwise.....forget it.

So from my personal experience so far I havne't got a good thing to say about it, refuse to play it at the moment and will leave every time I find myself in it.

Ignore middle and cap nodes = win. The warzone favors stealth classes and quick movers. The successful classes are still that and the others are still underperforming. Nothing has changed and this is probably the worst warzone of the group. If the goal is to make people fight over the middle then remove the side pathways and put the spawn points at each of the pylons.

Ignore middle and cap nodes = win. The warzone favors stealth classes and quick movers. The successful classes are still that and the others are still underperforming. Nothing has changed and this is probably the worst warzone of the group. If the goal is to make people fight over the middle then remove the side pathways and put the spawn points at each of the pylons.

I think they need to open the middle/green gate for the losing team. Also that would be more interesting in blast-wave phase... :D

Looks like I'm going against the grain here. Said it in another thread but personally I can't stand it. I'm sure it'll be great for RWZs but as a sniper who pugs right now it's just impossible. For normal warzones where you get a lot of pugs this is going to be by far the worst warzone out there. If you're with a premade sure fine it'll be fun otherwise.....forget it.

So from my personal experience so far I havne't got a good thing to say about it, refuse to play it at the moment and will leave every time I find myself in it.

a quitter is even worse that the guy who talks about the other team hacking...

a quitter is even worse that the guy who talks about the other team hacking...

Maybe so but frankly I don't give a damn. There's plenty of people who're leaving the other warzones purely because they want to play this new piece of *****. Well good for them, they can have my spot, I quit before the warzone even starts so plenty of time for my spot to be filled before it starts. The effect of me quitting before it starts is extremely minimal.

That was my take on this new warzone after having played it a few times now on my 50 Shadow, Sage, and Juggernaut. It seems like it would/could be a great 8-man pre-made rated warzone. However for pugs it seems to be very one sided. Its still very early in its release, but currently there haven't been any close matches. Its always one team knowing what to do, and the other lost in the sauce.

Regardless of how new it is to everyone, I personally dont feel this is a very good warzone. Just my two cents. The only thing I really like about it right now is that FINALLY there is something OTHER than the base 4 warzones we've been doing for 11+ months now. In comparing it overall to the other warzones however, I don't think its gameplay mechanics or design are good at all.

ITS MAIN FLAW

It really seems to isolate the fighting, with the nodes able to be captured so fast (faster than the long stuns last in this game), it is yet another map that requires at least 1 person to sit off by themselves typically and guard a node for 10-15minutes and get no battle action for it. This is much like Novare and alderaan. I personally just dont like an objective map where 1 or more people have to sit basically AFK at a node getting no action while the rest of the team battles it out elsewhere on the map.

Warzones need to be engaging. You can have objectives, while still engaging the whole team. Bioware needs to move away from these isolated objective matches. No one (at least not me) want to sit off at a node guarding it for 15 minutes. I think that, and that alone is the driving factor in bad warzone experiences by many. Its because NO ONE wants to guard a node, and everyone has A.D.D and they want to engage in combat. And so you see bad pugs everywhere in warzones doing their own thing because they refuse to sit idle for 15min. And honestly, I can't even blame them. Its a fail design.

Edited by SOULCASTER

That was my take on this new warzone after having played it a few times now on my 50 Shadow, Sage, and Juggernaut. It seems like it would/could be a great 8-man pre-made rated warzone. However for pugs it seems to be very one sided. Its still very early in its release, but currently there haven't been any close matches. Its always one team knowing what to do, and the other lost in the sauce.

Regardless of how new it is to everyone, I personally dont feel this is a very good warzone. Just my two cents. The only thing I really like about it right now is that FINALLY there is something OTHER than the base 4 warzones we've been doing for 11+ months now. In comparing it overall to the other warzones however, I don't think its gameplay mechanics or design are good at all.

ITS MAIN FLAW

It really seems to isolate the fighting, with the nodes able to be captured so fast (faster than the long stuns last in this game), it is yet another map that requires at least 1 person to sit off by themselves typically and guard a node for 10-15minutes and get no battle action for it. This is much like Novare and alderaan. I personally just dont like an objective map where 1 or more people have to sit basically AFK at a node getting no action while the rest of the team battles it out elsewhere on the map.

Warzones need to be engaging. You can have objectives, while still engaging the whole team. Bioware needs to move away from these isolated objective matches. No one (at least not me) want to sit off at a node guarding it for 15 minutes. I think that, and that alone is the driving factor in bad warzone experiences by many. Its because NO ONE wants to guard a node, and everyone has A.D.D and they want to engage in combat. And so you see bad pugs everywhere in warzones doing their own thing because they refuse to sit idle for 15min. And honestly, I can't even blame them. Its a fail design.

Right now I think you're seeing a lot of one-sidedness because people just don't really know what to do yet. You get a team of people and only 1 or 2 have done it before and the other team has half of them which have done it before and you're going to have a bad time.

As for the isolated fighting, outside of huttball I've found this to be one of the best warzones. At the very least you have to run back to mid every few minutes and then run back out and recapitulate the opening so if for some reason the other team isn't constantly trying to send someone to take the node you're guarding, at least doing something every few minutes, and often someone IS trying to gank that node.

The easiest way to win is to get at least one round where you manage to capture a node and either stop them from capturing theirs or preferably capture both. This puts them in a position where, if they hope to come back, they have to capture both, which will be hard to do if you've already done it to them. But because of this it encourages there to be action everywhere, and that I like since, like you, I spend a lot of time solo guarding grass or northwest as a shadow. I do it cause my class is well suited to it, but I don't deny I get really bored sometimes.

Ironically the only time where I went an entire warzone with nothing but objective points I was on commando. you guessed it I was solo guarding a node. They never came up my way so I spent literally the whole warzone twidling my thumbs.

Don't play much with pre-made groups so it is not ideal for me, especially because more than half of the time we go against pre-mades being able to communicate. Once you have that you've pretty much won this wz. Otherwise it would be cool- if it actually pops. Yesterday I rage-switched to alt because I got voidstar 3 times in a row.

After playing it a few times tonight, dont really care for it. Maybe it'll get better once people figure it out, or maybe it was just the premades running rampant as usual.

However, as regards the warzone rules, is there any specific reason to avoid the big blow up from the pylons? Does your own death add to the enemy's score, or is it just a fake? Seems like it's just as easy to run back from spawn and you run no risk of feeding the enemy's score by going to an overpowered middle area.

After playing it a few times tonight, dont really care for it. Maybe it'll get better once people figure it out, or maybe it was just the premades running rampant as usual.

However, as regards the warzone rules, is there any specific reason to avoid the big blow up from the pylons? Does your own death add to the enemy's score, or is it just a fake? Seems like it's just as easy to run back from spawn and you run no risk of feeding the enemy's score by going to an overpowered middle area.

I was thinking about that actually. Seems to me it's actually beneficial to let yourself be killed, though maybe it's a shorter run back from the middle than it is from the spawnpoint. Of course you're always at half health at best coming back from the spawn point, but who knows?

I was thinking about that actually. Seems to me it's actually beneficial to let yourself be killed, though maybe it's a shorter run back from the middle than it is from the spawnpoint. Of course you're always at half health at best coming back from the spawn point, but who knows?

Are you guaranteed that the spawn door will open right away if you've died from the blow up? I haven't noticed myself (even though I've died enough times in the explosions that I ought to know), but if not that might be a reason to try to get to mid. That door can take a long time to open.

Plus I'm usually down in health after leaving the spawn spot anyway, since I haven't figured out a sure-fire way to drop without falling too far and taking fall-damage. :o

Are you guaranteed that the spawn door will open right away if you've died from the blow up? I haven't noticed myself (even though I've died enough times in the explosions that I ought to know), but if not that might be a reason to try to get to mid. That door can take a long time to open.

Plus I'm usually down in health after leaving the spawn spot anyway, since I haven't figured out a sure-fire way to drop without falling too far and taking fall-damage. :o

Was in there on my commando today so I was always dead when the explosion hit. Door was open every time. When I went back on shadow I was dying on purpose and same thing. Explosion seems to clear the doors. They actually open at the start I think so the important thing is to not run out till AFTER the explosion is done.

Was in there on my commando today so I was always dead when the explosion hit. Door was open every time. When I went back on shadow I was dying on purpose and same thing. Explosion seems to clear the doors. They actually open at the start I think so the important thing is to not run out till AFTER the explosion is done.

Huh... then a good strategy might be to stealth over to the enemy pylon just as the warning goes off, and then cap it while they are all running for the center. I wonder if you could get it quick enough to keep them from getting their potential points for kills. (I read that if you don't own a pylon at the end of a "round" then you lose any points you've accumulated for kills that round.)

Huh... then a good strategy might be to stealth over to the enemy pylon just as the warning goes off, and then cap it while they are all running for the center. I wonder if you could get it quick enough to keep them from getting their potential points for kills. (I read that if you don't own a pylon at the end of a "round" then you lose any points you've accumulated for kills that round.)

U cant cap anything after last warning. :)

I like it, and I do mostly like huttball. It's just huttball has hands down the most lag in it of all the warzones, and of course this is the warzone you can afford mistiming the least...

edit: Oh, and I believe if you die in the explosion, its points for your opponent just like if they kill you.

Not to mention the satisfaction out of making someone die via knockback or whatever :)

Edited by islander

I died in the explosion on purpose a few times as well, and yeah, the shield is down every time so there's no wait to get out and no disengaging from a melee at the center to run back and go get the pylon again. I couldnt see any jump in the score or anything, but I'm still not really sure how that bizarro scoreboard works....

And what IS the point with the wz's that have the huge damaging drop on leaving the spawn lol..? Just seems stupid and an additional FU for having died. In this one you have to basically have no speed when dropping off the ledge so you dont land further down the ramp and past the falldamage threshold... stupid....

Edited by Polebreaker