PvE Healing Stats

ChrisJW

So I've been trying to find a concrete answer to what the stat caps are for PvE Corruption Healing Sorc but haven't had much luck. My question is if there is a set number I should have all my ratings at. I'm talking about the rating not the percent. Right now I'm sitting at:

215 Crit

222 Surge

345 Alacrity

I know my alacrity should be lower but should I get a little more Crit or just start stacking Power?

My healing sorc has

126 Crit rating (buffed/ Rakata Stim) 34.92%

342 Surge Rating (Buffed/stimmed) 77.36% (this is above the soft cap.

222 Alacrity rating (buffed/stimmed) 7.18% This give my DI a 2.3 second cast time. I used to have Activation speed at 10.19% and DI was 2.2, so Alacrity really didn't do much.

Willpower: 2258

Power: 1073 ( I use 2 WH relics for 113 Power each)

Force Power: 1346

Bonus healing is at 807.3

granted these numbers are my preferred, you can still lose a bit of power if your looking for more crit, but Personally I like having my base heals as High as possible.

Edited by Toraak

If any of that Alacrity is coming from augments you should replace it with resolve. You probably got enough crit rating, assuming changing augs to resolve doesnt balance it enough, I would focus on replacing alacrity with power in your enhancements. For example, replace the ones with crit/alacrity with crit/ power.

If any of that Alacrity is coming from augments you should replace it with resolve. You probably got enough crit rating, assuming changing augs to resolve doesnt balance it enough, I would focus on replacing alacrity with power in your enhancements. For example, replace the ones with crit/alacrity with crit/ power.

I would never use alacrity augments, they are all resolve. There is also no such thing as crit/power enhancements so I assume you are talking about crit/surge power/surge. The thing is that I have less crit than most dps classes and surge means nothing without crit so I am just trying to find the right balance. I'm just wondering if there is an optimal setup out there but from what I've been seeing it is all just personal preference. I guess I will just keep tweaking things until I find what works best for me and be good with that.

lol @ that crit rating

what's your crit % on force? like 35.9 or something? you can see that DR hard at work there

drop the crit and stack power, you get enough crit from just stacking wp which everyone does anyway, hopefully.

lol @ that crit rating

what's your crit % on force? like 35.9 or something? you can see that DR hard at work there

drop the crit and stack power, you get enough crit from just stacking wp which everyone does anyway, hopefully.

What should my crit rating be at then? When does it start hitting DR?

think I'm at 120-125, the dr will start to hit u at 30%, at my rating I'm at about 34% mostly from wp bonus (2190 wp)

so you're nearly 100 difference in rating, is probably only netting u maybe 1% boost in actual percentage? I dunno u didnt post your %

point being u must have a bunch of crit mods/enhancements that would be better served to switch to power/surge, since your surge is rather low at 222

Edited by Gwence

What should my crit rating be at then? When does it start hitting DR?

DR starts really coming into effect around 450 crit rating.

The Diminishing Returns is based off the rating, not the % of crit you currently have. Healing sorcs get 6% of crit from talents so their crit gets fairly high without stacking crit rating. Here is a quick comparison for you:

150 crit rating: 6.07%

200 crit rating: 7.81%

250 crit rating: 9.42%

300 crit rating: 10.91%

350 crit rating: 12.30%

For calculating your final crit percentage there are 4 factors, willpower, base crit percentage (5%), crit rating, and buffs/talents.

think I'm at 120-125, the dr will start to hit u at 30%, at my rating I'm at about 34% mostly from wp bonus (2190 wp)

so you're nearly 100 difference in rating, is probably only netting u maybe 1% boost in actual percentage? I dunno u didnt post your %

point being u must have a bunch of crit mods/enhancements that would be better served to switch to power/surge, since your surge is rather low at 222

Incorrect, as you can see above his 100 difference in crit rating is netting over a 3% points difference.

Edited by Eraoc

lol @ that crit rating

You have no idea what you are talking about. Crit rating is on its on curve, not just crit.

Heal sorc can easily get 40% crit since it boost force crit by 5% through talent.

Aim for the 300-350, not some % that is heavily influenced by spec.

I dont know if they're describing a rating you should have for lightning or madness or what, but if u stack crit up to 450 as corruption you're just the worst player on the planet haha

u get resurgance + base + willpower (this mods crit more than crit rating does) + skills + a couple mod/enhancement with crit rating but not many

vast majority of gear should be surge till u hit 250+, and then everything else power, power, power, and oh yea..

power.

______

to answer op's question which I dont think was ever answered, I'd say it's a highly opinionated and preferential amount for each of them, most people will tell you 300 is good number for crit rating, personally I disagree as the greatest returns on any of the supplemental stats (except power) are right in the beginning. With top tier mod/enhancement u can get 150 rating just from 3 of them, and crit rating to begin with has a really low return even in the beginning so as u increase you end up getting like half a % or something per every 30 crit rating or 20 or whatever it is, it never seemed like a good idea to me since your resurgance pretty much guarantees you will crit innervate anyway, and yea you may have less DI crit's but I havent found that to be the case in any kind of significant capacity.

surge is better as you get a considerable boost to your multiplyer especially in the beginning. 250-300 range is pretty accepted as where u want to be.

alacrity? eh.. who cares it's worthless for the most part.

Edited by Gwence

You have no idea what you are talking about. Crit rating is on its on curve, not just crit.

Heal sorc can easily get 40% crit since it boost force crit by 5% through talent.

Aim for the 300-350, not some % that is heavily influenced by spec.

sorry my post was confusing for you, I know CR has it's own curve, my point is there is no reason to hit that dr peak on CR because from willpower you will have more than enough Crit % and by micromanaging your crit rating to highest possible before DR you are actually wasting slots because any good sorc healer will tell you they pretty much have force bending proc on permanently which remove the need to have maxed CR somewhat.

Like I said out of 10 casts you'll probably crit your DI 1 extra time than me, so congrats on that, too bad your amount healed will blow cuz u wasted all those slots for crit over power.

my point is there is no reason to hit that dr peak on CR because from willpower you will have more than enough Crit
%

DR curves have no peaks.

any good sorc healer will tell you they pretty much have force bending proc on permanently which remove the need to have maxed CR somewhat.

Having force bending on permanently does not remove the need for crit chance. Crit chance will give you more crits, which, can be more favorable in terms of healing output if balanced appropriately with power. Who's not to say that your choice of 120-125 crit rating is too high?

So I've been trying to find a concrete answer to what the stat caps are for PvE Corruption Healing Sorc but haven't had much luck. My question is if there is a set number I should have all my ratings at. I'm talking about the rating not the percent. Right now I'm sitting at:

215 Crit

222 Surge

345 Alacrity

I know my alacrity should be lower but should I get a little more Crit or just start stacking Power?

Id ditch alacrity altogether.

32-40% crit

77% surge

POWER POWER POWER

i know you didn't want percentage but i remember them off top of head.....monkeys to alacrity wasting too much big heals making them that small tad faster....advice i had before and NEVER looked back.

To maximize hps, get a buffed crit rate of around 35%, >75% surge <10% alacrity, and stack the rest power. Take 2x EWH power relics.

To maximize your reaction potential / emergency healing, get a buffed crit rate of 40% and take 1x DG Boundless ages relic (rest the same).

You'll be able to heal content both ways. Since there are bursty phases in almost all operation fights (either built into the fight or as a result of a raid mistakes), I run with option #2.

While gearing up, focus on keeping your surge up at the expense of alacrity. Add alacrity in as you get more stats to play with. If you go for option #2, get your crit as close to 40% as possible at the expense of power, and replace crit with power as you gain enough stat points.

Edited by shadowflit

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/b017f34e-a860-441b-969c-d6433a0b2514

My full dreadguard gear.

Fully buffed/stimmed /willpower datacrons

crit rating = 164

surge = 360

Willpower = 2102

power = 1394

alacrity = 240

Gives me..

bonus healing = 843.7

crit = 35.61

crit multi = 77.74

I personally feel that this is a good amount of crit and surge. While stacking power everywhere I can.