Is anyone using the Group Finder?

So currently I have been playing a Jedi Sentinel and have jioned the que for the group finder as soon as I log on. The problem is that it has only worked 2 out of 10 times for me. I still que up hoping that I will get a group together, but it is to no avail. Is anyone using the group finder? Can I not get a group together because I am in the que for DPS? I just think that if more people simply entered the que; people would not be spamming general chat once again. I thought that the group finder was supposed to put an end to the endless "LFG Rakghoul Release".

Also correct me if I am wrong, but the group finder is not just for flashpoints. It also works for Heroics,right?

I just really want to play the group missions,but I keep asking people if they use the que and not many people are.

I for one use the group finder all the time. What server are you on? Are you queuing for end game or are you still leveling?

I use it exclusively for the BH comms though so I only do HM FP's. I believe that's what the majority of people are using it for. I've never used it for any heroics though. The fact that you're DPS isn't helping either as there more than enough of you guys to go around. Try finding a healer/tank to queue with. those are the hardest roles to fill, speaking from a population standpoint, so if you already have one maybe the queue will pop a little faster/more often and you'll have some more success.

I queue up as a tank for tier 1 HM FP all the time when I'm bored. with 27.5k HP, i really don't have to worry too much about the gear of the rest of the group, especially with how nerfed the tier 1 HM FPs are now.

I won't use the group finder for tier 2 (HM LI) though. that's just too much wasted time.

Regarding the OP, I'm wondering if you are level 50 or still leveling up. My experience is that DPS characters that are not level 50 face very long waits using the group finder tool. I think most people using the group finder tool are level 50 and wanting to do hard mode flashpoints or operations. If you are a tank or healer your wait should be pretty short. DPS will have a longer wait. If you are in a guild, try grouping with a tank or healer then use the group finder. That should cut down on your waiting.

Regarding the OP, I'm wondering if you are level 50 or still leveling up. My experience is that DPS characters that are not level 50 face very long waits using the group finder tool. I think most people using the group finder tool are level 50 and wanting to do hard mode flashpoints or operations. If you are a tank or healer your wait should be pretty short. DPS will have a longer wait. If you are in a guild, try grouping with a tank or healer then use the group finder. That should cut down on your waiting.

Yep attach yourself to a healer or tank and you are esentially in that queue rather than the DPS on. I queue daily, often multiple times as a tank/healer combo. Even when I solo queue for HMs I get instant pops. On my server the tanks are the ones people are waiting on for the HMs. For the Ops though, I queue for those whenever I can I I've only ever seen 1 pop. Waiting for 2 tanks and 2 healers to be in queue without any of them getting sucked into a HM sucks.

I rolled a new healing Operative just to level up using the group finder. It's still not an insta-pop when I queue but it's quick enough most of the time. I average a five-to-ten minute wait during peak times but maybe a half hour or more in the early mornings. I work swing shifts so my play times are all over the clock.

One problem is there's still lots of people spamming for flashpoints in fleet chat instead of using the LFG. People like me aren't around to hear them though, because the nice thing about the LFG is that I can go run space missions or class quests or something while I wait, so I'm not loitering around the fleet waiting to heal random PuGs. When I am at the fleet I always hear somebody over and over asking "LF1M healer for (filll-in-the-blank)" and I don't respond because - oops - my queue just popped.

the group finder is working, however.

a majority of the people who have been playing this game for some time no longer do heroic or flash point content while leveling. so to answer your question, no, people are not using it because they have no desire to do that content.

this isnt biowares fault either. it happens to every mmo after content gets stale.

a majority of people use the group finder at level 50 for hm and some ops. even at this level dps will wait in the queue. for my dps toon it is 10-30min. for my healer sage it is instant. dps will always wait in the group finder. cross server will NOT help this.