Why do people like sorc/sage healers the best?

Cathest

i have never been out healed by any healer(same gear) with my scoundral. I can crit heal over 7k we chain pull. the secret to scoundral is main stat. more main stat allows more crit chance. I never not crit on my heals. we farm sm ev/kp for our noobs gear and i solo heal them. and im only geared in columin gear with a couple bh/rakata jewlery. ive been in pug hmfp with people in orange lvl 50 stuff and power healed through it. i had a tank who had lvl 41 stuff lol and we did it nonstop pulling. I'm sry but no one can convince me anything is better than a scoundral healer so far. you want aoe heal? i can double hot everyone faster than a sage can aoe and people run to the puddle.

Let's address a few things here. Any healer can crit 7k heal. Hell, on my Scoundrel, I almost hit 9k (granted, it was healing myself with my Shield Probe on).

You NEVER not crit? Really? You have 100% Crit chance? Even if you have 3000 Cunning (In Columi gear no less), your Crit will probably not be higher than 45%.

Sage Healers who drop Puddles and make party members run to them... suck. No Sage healer worth his salt will place Puddles in places and make people run to them. And how many rolling hot's are we talking here? one Probe on each person and a Cloud? 1.5s per cast? It takes me 1.5 seconds to drop a Puddle on at least 4 people, and it heals for more than cloud, and more people to boot. Arguing that Scoundrel is a better AoE healer than Sage is just ignorant to be honest... even as a Scoundrel Main, I know this.

Dude, it wasn't a bash of the scoundrel healing class.

Sorry didn't mean to come off as defensive. I just don't understand why people think healing two people at once is of any benefit when it does have a casting time. However, sawbones can hit 2 or 3 EM before the Sage get off their miracle heal. Even Sages Rejuvenate which is instant has a 6 second cooldown and Salvation which everyone loves takes 2 seconds to cast. I know I can get at least 4 heals off in 2 seconds to 2 different people.

Edited by mikebevo

This brings us to another point. Scoundrels make great "reactive" healers. Some one pull agro and getting close to death? Scoundrel responds well to it. They are better at the whack-a-mole raid frame game.

Sages try to avoid whack-a-mole all together, and they are good at avoiding it with Bubble and Puddle. They can react well, but are limited by cooldowns, making their secondary heal (Benevolence) their only real reactive heal, which is a drain on resources. Their secondary healing mechanics are strong though, so it does get them through whack-a-mole if they have to, but if people are positioned correctly, it's avoidable.

Reread most of my posts and I want to make it clear. Sages have great abilities and are an asset to any group. Haven’t been grouped with many Commandos as a healer, but I have done a few Ops on my DPS Shadow with a Commando healer that seemed more than up to the challenge.

Just my personal taste is that smugglers are the most fun healing class in the game and up to any challenge and anyone that prefers Sages over Smugglers just hasn’t meet up with the right Smuggler. Because when you get in a rhythm with a smuggler it is very easy to maintain everyone’s health while the Sage healer does some DPS. More than once I’ve been told in HM groups that they healed very little or not at all in the Karagga battle because I was just too fast for them, so they gave up and helped with DPS. That said, I am not that good either, there are way better Smuggler healers that I know. So if I'm not that good, then the class has to be that good with someone that has some idea what all the abilities do. Problem is I have been in many HMFP PUGs where the healer had no clue what the abilities did.

I kinda over exaggerated to due alchol or more likely emotional hatred towards the sage lovers. But I never see sages better than a scoundral nor their heals being biger than a scoundral. I really don't see what the hype is. I see in general chat people screaming for sage healers all the time for hm's but would not take a scoundral....really? I see people brag about their puddles....well I hope they drown in it and if I walk by ill help them. I can throw hots on everyone just as effectivlly. And I guess I'm missing the short commings everyone talks about when they talk about the scoundral. I didnt mean to hound on the poster .......I just hate the sage hype I see on chat daily.

I kinda over exaggerated to due alchol or more likely emotional hatred towards the sage lovers. But I never see sages better than a scoundral nor their heals being biger than a scoundral. I really don't see what the hype is. I see in general chat people screaming for sage healers all the time for hm's but would not take a scoundral....really? I see people brag about their puddles....well I hope they drown in it and if I walk by ill help them. I can throw hots on everyone just as effectivlly. And I guess I'm missing the short commings everyone talks about when they talk about the scoundral. I didnt mean to hound on the poster .......I just hate the sage hype I see on chat daily.

There is no "This Healer is better than that Healer," because all the healers are good. What it comes down to is "Great Healers versus Average Healers."

The reason most people like Sages is because it's difficult to run into a bad sage healer. Like... really difficult. It's that easy to heal as a Sage. Even bad healers can look like they know what they are doing.

Great Scoundrel healers and Bad Scoundrel healers are much easier to differentiate.

Granted, there is the bias of bubbles and puddles, and many people actually think those two abilities make Sage healers stand above the rest. As far as this game goes, an Average Sage Healer is just as good as a Great Scoundrel Healer, people just don't notice it that way.

I will say, however, there are particular fights where having certain healers is more beneficial. Savrak in Lost Island seems much easier to heal as a Scoundrel than a Sage for example. Not that Sages can't do it, but having healed it with both my heal classes, I found it a complete joke to heal with Scoundrel, while I struggled a bit more on the Sage. But this again is mostly because I feel Scoundrels do much better at the whack-a-mole game.

Edited by Toogeloo

Sage sorcs are the best tbh

U can keep bubbles up team constantly, and bubbles make u take hardly any damage

Meaning even if sage has weaker heals they have no problem

Meaning team survives.

Just ran a couple hms on my fresh 50 sorc barely geared

And had no trouble at all.

Sage sorcs are the best tbh

that should be IMO. :p

As far as this game goes, an Average Sage Healer is just as good as a Great Scoundrel Healer, people just don't notice it that way.
I'm by no means a great healer, I have just worked at getting geared correctly (despite the limitations put on Smuggler gear above Rakata) and have a understanding what my abilities are and how to use them. So I consider myself very average. However, I will put this average sawbones up against any average Sage. I can hold my own with a couple of great MMO veteran healer Sages that are just as well geared as me. Pretty sure I could do the same with a average one. ;) Edited by mikebevo

IMHO it is the Sorc/Sage AOE that people really love. Not saying it is a necessity, or that other healers don't have good AOE heals, but when I did Soa as a new 50 (with a bunch of other new 50's), boy did I love our Sage's AOE!

And this may not be quite what the OP is thinking of, but when it comes to why some people like Sorc/Sage healers the best: I don't really know how to put this, other than to say that it might be in part because they seem more like classic healer/caster types and are more "mage" like. They have a very different concept and look compared to the other healers in the game, and while some people may find it refreshing to play a heavily armored or stealthy shotgun-shooting healer, some may simply prefer the caster type. Light armor, robes, glowy shiny heals . . . it has a certain appeal.

I really grew to love my Scoundrel healer (I can run around like a chicken with its head cut off and STILL heal!), and she is my favorite, but I still prefer the general aesthetics and concept of my Sage healer.

Edited by Gwena

IMHO it is the Sorc/Sage AOE that people really love. Not saying it is a necessity, or that other healers don't have good AOE heals, but when I did Soa as a new 50 (with a bunch of other new 50's), boy did I love our Sage's AOE!

And this may not be quite what the OP is thinking of, but when it comes to why some people like Sorc/Sage healers the best: I don't really know how to put this, other than to say that it might be in part because they seem more like classic healer/caster types and are more "mage" like. They have a very different concept and look compared to the other healers in the game, and while some people may find it refreshing to play a heavily armored or stealthy shotgun-shooting healer, some may simply prefer the caster type. Light armor, robes, glowy shiny heals . . . it has a certain appeal.

I really grew to love my Scoundrel healer (I can run around like a chicken with its head cut off and STILL heal!), and she is my favorite, but I still prefer the general aesthetics and concept of my Sage healer.

I think this is an excellent point (aside from the "EZ"heals, which is quite accurate). Perception is 3/4 of what impacts peoples decisions on who to take/like as AC's. combine the Traditional feel idea, with the Ez healing (which also means that people have more bad experiences with poor Op/Merc healers, since Sorc's are easier to heal with), and it all adds up. It's not a realistic perception, but it is a common one. And I find that people prefer to be lazy about their opinions in general, then try to see things differently.

But you always have to remember, easier does not mean better. It simply means that less skilled players will get more results from the sorc/sage then the others. It's a buffer for the less experienced.

My preference in healers, barring skill, for general use (when im tanking) is Op, Merc, Sorc. but ill take anyone that can keep the group alive. I'm not picky