I'm a crappy pug

Targetboy

I didn't read everything, but here's some of my personal favorites:

+ Hi, I rolled a sage because I like face tanking all the melee dps.

+ Hi, I'm a jug and someone just passed the ball and I'm at 100% health. Screw this, I pass it to the half dead 13k HP gunslinger so I can go tunnel in the pit.

+ Stop yelling at me because I didn't call for help, my keyboard was CC'd.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, the enemy just scored/captured an objective/planted a bomb on the first door? You guys suck! /leave

What, we just lost a node/had a bomb planted behind us on the other side of the map? Let me stand here and berate you in chat, because obviously I know exactly what happened and clearly nobody else has even the faintest idea. What, you expect me to actually play instead?

I'm not going to bother capping or planting, even though the enemy is nearly dead. Someone else is bound to do it, and I want that killing blow!

I complain loudly about how my team never has any healers, while the two healers that we actually do have keep getting nuked by the enemy and receive no assistance.

I'm not going to use Guard, why would I want to take more damage?!

Edited by Tiranea

"Hmmm West Turret on Novare Coast needs help...Imps really pushing on it and we might lose it if we don't act now...I'll go to East turret non-stop even though I'm level 13 and the 2 imps there are 40+ !

Oh...you lost the turret? That sucks."

- Hey look that sniper with half health surrounded by 2 vanguards and 1 sentinel is from that pvp guild he must be good I'm going to pass him the huttball so he can go score....hey he died ***!!

- That sniper with 1/5 health getting bashed is closer to the fire pits I'll pass the huttball to him and ignore the full health tank team mate that's heading towards me.

- I might have green gear not recruit but hey I look cool!!

- (Novare Coast)

*Random dude* Hey lvl 47 gunslinger I need help at west

Gunslinger runs to aid west

*Random dude* I'm going to help south

Leaves gunslinger alone at west to kill the single enemy

*Random dude* Hey we're loosing south *** dude you're our strongest player FFS come and help instead of farming medals

*Gunslinger* I'm alone at west I can't leave it unguarded, switch places?

*FFS west is safe leave it*

/facepalm

- (Voidstar)

This game is so bugged we're not doing any damage!!!!

....Have you tried killing the healer?

that doesn't beat that Sentinel I had in my group the other day. Throughtout a complete Voidstar he managed to do 3308 damage. AS A SENT!!!!

Well duh!

He was our healer!

( ... even if you hand the keyboard to a 2 year old they're bound to accidently beat those numbers.)

I know they said to guard the doors and not leave them, but this guy is at half health and running away! I know it's more beneficial to chase him down and finish him! (Enemy gets bomb on door)

I know this guy probably got on the node before me, but hey I think it's more beneficial to see if I get it before him than it is beneficial for me to stop any one who might try and stop him from getting the node! (Interrupted by 1 juggernaut with 2 seconds to go)

Dang! I keep hitting this guy but his health is rejuvenating! And what is this idiot talking about "kill the healers" they can't do any damage so they aren't top priority!

Why would i go after the ball carrier? He has like full health, I see someone with half health running toward the health pack! (Rot worms score!)

LOL this newb juggernaut fell in our pit, doesn't he know the only way to get to our end zone is if he takes the ramps? I'll just sit up here and fire down on him, it's not like he can jump to me or any thing. (Rot worms score!)

To name but a few...

I know they said to guard the doors and not leave them, but this guy is at half health and running away! I know it's more beneficial to chase him down and finish him! (Enemy gets bomb on door)

I know this guy probably got on the node before me, but hey I think it's more beneficial to see if I get it before him than it is beneficial for me to stop any one who might try and stop him from getting the node! (Interrupted by 1 juggernaut with 2 seconds to go)

Dang! I keep hitting this guy but his health is rejuvenating! And what is this idiot talking about "kill the healers" they can't do any damage so they aren't top priority!

Why would i go after the ball carrier? He has like full health, I see someone with half health running toward the health pack! (Rot worms score!)

LOL this newb juggernaut fell in our pit, doesn't he know the only way to get to our end zone is if he takes the ramps? I'll just sit up here and fire down on him, it's not like he can jump to me or any thing. (Rot worms score!)

To name but a few...

Wouldn't it be such a great 'quality of life' improvement if events like these would trigger the announcer ...

"That's one dumb Frogdog!"

few from my experience, mostly from yesterday

but i will start with person from this thread

It's stupid to use east/west anyway it changes depending on what side you spawn

CW:

group leader say 2 snow rest mid

reality - 7mid 1 grass

ok we captured snow, lets now all go mid and farm them as they spawn, wait where are they? we lost snow?

somebody is writing ATTACK HEALER!!!!!!!!

1. group leader is ******* he didnt mark the healer, how should I know who to attack?

2. everybody is doing 1on1 so I will also choose somebody who is not being attacked yet

one of our guys is capturing, but 2 enemies are running to him to interrupt, dont worry we will beat them on the way without using stuns

ok i am standing with tank in the mid, as other are defending snow from attack, and now 3 respawned enemies running to mid, i better leave for snow without saying anything i am sure tank will handle them

i am tank, but i will not use my protection on healer, because i will die faster

and if i should use it then i will only get my 3 medals and i will protect dps because healer can heal himself

NC:

group leader say 2east rest mid

but i am very good dps in battlemaster i will go west, look also guy who just captured east is comming with me, doesnt matter that there are 2 enemies waiting which we cannot beat, and group leader is ***** he still didnt capture mid, and now we are also loosing east?? lame team i am leaving

i am sniper defending south with full wh tank. tank tells me to go help east because they urgently need help or we will loose it. no i want to defend, tank can go help them if he wants. tank goes, i am attacked by 2 people and killed in 10sec..

ok we have two turrets and leader says that we should defend them. but i want to capture also 3rd one! they can survive few seconds without me... ****** they lost turret

huttball:

lets just run around and kill other people possibly 1on1

i am sorc in team without healers, i can heal but i will not because i am dps

lets fill resolve bar of this guy with ball just before firepit

guy is waiting at enemy line for pass, i will not pass him i am good and can bring ball alone.... ********* healer why didnt you heal me???

our tank is carrying the ball, but he is almost dead so I will just stand here where no one can see me possibly in stealth and out of tanks field of view, and then blame tank that he didnt pass me

i will stand here at the edge and watch what is going on in the pit, what if somebody will come from ramps? wait.. they can jump on you?

voidstar:

ok i will stand here defend door and look in front of me. there is no way somebody can stealth behind me and plant the bomb

we are 7 on one side and tank alone on other, we are under attack but now only 3 left, tank is writing that he needs help as 5 are attacking him, ok hold on lets just finish these 3 and we will come

lets fight in mid far away from door i am sure we can beat them before they can reach the door... wait they have stealthers???

About the sorc who is dps in a team with no healers...when you aren't specced far enough in the healing tree, healing is very difficult/inefficent in substantial amounts. Longer activation times, plus pushback...it's not like they can make much of a difference healing. I have a scrapper scoundrel with only 3 points in the healing tree and all those points do is increase cunning. Don't expect me to stand there and heal when you have no healers just because I have two heals that by the way, consume a lot of resource and don't give me upper hand so I can use the second heal...so yeah I just had to say that, because (though this has only happened a once), I've been yelled at for doing DPS and not healing...when I was just doing my job by killing the enemies, since my scoundrel is NOT a damn healer. Just because a class has a healing tree, it doesn't mean I rolled it so I could try healing/be a healer, etc. If you have the ball and you're close to the line, and I'm standing behind you, sure I'll give you a couple of underworld medicine shots to keep you alive so you can cross the line...but that's pretty much it.

On the flip side, there have been some who've yelled at my sorc (who is fully heal specced) for not doing DPS...

Edited by Solarenergy

in Voidstar:

Player 1: Right!

Player 2: No, Left!

Player 3: West!

Players 1 and 2: WTH, where's West?

Watched an argument between 2 teammates in voidstar.

One guy said plz call incs east and west.

Next guy says why not right and left.

The argument continued as match began...

You can imagine what happened next...30 seconds go by...swereing in ops chat... 2 people leave match.

The good warzone groups you occasionally get, are godsends.

About the sorc who is dps in a team with no healers...when you aren't specced far enough in the healing tree, healing is very difficult/inefficent in substantial amounts. Longer activation times, plus pushback...it's not like they can make much of a difference healing. I have a scrapper scoundrel with only 3 points in the healing tree and all those points do is increase cunning. Don't expect me to stand there and heal when you have no healers just because I have two heals that by the way, consume a lot of resource and don't give me upper hand so I can use the second heal...so yeah I just had to say that, because (though this has only happened a once), I've been yelled at for doing DPS and not healing...when I was just doing my job by killing the enemies, since my scoundrel is NOT a damn healer. Just because a class has a healing tree, it doesn't mean I rolled it so I could try healing/be a healer, etc. If you have the ball and you're close to the line, and I'm standing behind you, sure I'll give you a couple of underworld medicine shots to keep you alive so you can cross the line...but that's pretty much it.

On the flip side, there have been some who've yelled at my sorc (who is fully heal specced) for not doing DPS...

My smuggler isn't specced for heals either but if using all my resources to keep 1 person up that is doing something g for the win. I'm all for it. Then I can throw down my CCs and vanish. I love ditto right around a corner throwing heals to a guy tanking 3-4 people and them never realize it.

For content.

"I have to use every stun and soft CC, and slowdown on killing one person rather than using it to open a window to cap. Or save it to help someone else cap. Also I will only use my interrupt on healers because why would I waste it on a dps? They don't have any healers? Well cool that just saves me a button press. Not like stopping that Orbital Strike on the node/door will do any good.

You mean I actually have to work for a win?! *Leave Warzone*

I'm too good to be in a bad team. *Leave Warzone*

That one person with low gear made us all play bad..."thanks for the loss noob!" (apparently his presence made the buttons sticky and the mouse stop responding)

HUTTBALL : Alright! I got the ball! Now, to show everyone what I'm made of...better fight my way to the endzone....

CW/NC : Sure is quiet here on this node. I think the other team forgot about it. I better go help out mid...

VOIDSTAR : Oh no, the door blew up. I'm going to join the other half of the team and hold these 1 or 2 guys from making it to the next room...

Huttball rulebook

- This game is a team deathmatch

- The ball I have dies with me

- CC'ed enemies needs to be set free

- Chase every enemy until he's dead

- The best defending position is on the edge of the pit

- You score by hitting an enemy with the ball

- Filling the resolve bar of every enemy is a must

- Never run ahead of the ball carrier - it's bad luck

- 0:1 is a lost cause, leave this match immediately

- If someone passed you a ball throw it back to him

Hey look! That guy ran ahead of me in hutt ball. He's trying to clear me a path by stunning/ mezzing the enemies. I should ABSOLUTELY lay down my AOE and make sure they're dead before going any further. Crap! How dare these guys not fall dead instantly in my AOE?! Guess I'm going to have to stun them again...

THESE GUYS MUST BE HACKING!!!! I stunned them again, but none of them are stunned. CHEATERS!!!!!

What's that little white bar by all their portraits? THIS TEAM IS FULL OF NOOBS; I QUIT!!!!!!!

Huttball rulebook

- If someone passed you a ball throw it back to him

I'm totally going to do that in a sub-50 for the lols. Did bioware give me an emote of a :| smiley so I can stand there and do it to them right after I throw it back?

"Hey, I filled their resolve so now you won't be able to push them off the catwalk ahead of you. You're lucky I am here."

Hey look! That guy ran ahead of me in hutt ball. He's trying to clear me a path by stunning/ mezzing the enemies. I should ABSOLUTELY lay down my AOE and make sure they're dead before going any further. Crap! How dare these guys not fall dead instantly in my AOE?! Guess I'm going to have to stun them again...

THESE GUYS MUST BE HACKING!!!! I stunned them again, but none of them are stunned. CHEATERS!!!!!

What's that little white bar by all their portraits? THIS TEAM IS FULL OF NOOBS; I QUIT!!!!!!!

Except...that was before 1.4 when cc actually filled resolve and resolve actually did something.

"I'm in Voidstar and I'm defending a door. Look there's a guy running towards here, I'm going to leap to him and start hacking away with my lightsaber and smashing him till he dies, because I'm a great defender. Wait, he's running away from the door now. What the hell? Coward! OMG, look how far he's going, all the way to that area in the dark corner where no one goes. Wow, this guy is so afraid of me he keeps running. Come back here noob, you can't escape my wrath! I'm going to follow you till I kill you and get my assassin medal for your easy kill."

"The west bomb has 20 seconds left until detonation".

Yeah it's just hilarious how far you can lead some people away from the door/turret so your team can cap. Sometimes I'll keep running just to see how far they go to follow me, and many times they will leave that door or node far behind them and follow, it never dawns on them that I'm deliberately leading them away so the stealth I brought with me/other teammates can cap. It's a strategy that doesn't fail very often.

Edited by Solarenergy

I've managed to pull this off on my Sent a few times...

"Hey, that glowstick guy just lept at me and then vanished!? I guess the one attack I got off must have hit critical and killed him! No way he's popping out of his emergency stealth right behind me and planting on the voidstar door while I face away from it."

I still try it once in a while, just in case. :)

Even though I'm an Operative/Sniper/Mercenary/Powertech/Sorcerer I grab the huttball and refuse to pass it to the Juggernaut/Marauder/Assassin who is clearly open in front of me and could easily score a goal. I'll die valiantly trying to score the goal myself, and be the hero of the team!

Nobody will ever come to this door/turret I'm defending by myself, it'll be OK to look at Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr/Reddit for just a second.

There's a guy capping that node/door right in front of me in the heat of a large melee, surely someone else will stop him, I'll keep chasing this Operative/Scoundrel healer I can't put a dent in.

If I bubble/heal/support my teammates in any way, it uses too much force. I'll continue to throw pebbles at the red guys because it's uber. They'll respawn fast anyway and we can hold this node 2v6 no problem while they speeder back!