Hydraulic Override

kitsinni

So I am curiuos what Hydraulic Override doesn't stop? Here is the description Grants 8 seconds of immunity from movement-impairing effects, knockdowns and physics and increases movement speed by 30%. Does stun count as any of that? What about things like force choke?

I was playing around with Advanced Prototype and had quite a few times in PvP where I would hit HO and still would get stopped by something. When it happened it seemed like it was always immediate, like I would hit HO at the same time I would get CCd, HO would go on cooldown but I couldn't move. I did not play it enough to figure out exactly what was stopping/CCing me though.

Yeah stuns will stop you. It's a pretty unknown ability to me too. When I speced into it thinking It would guarantee me safe passage across the fires in huttball I figured out I was wrong real fast.

It does to a point. It stops pulls/roots/snares/slows. It doesn't stop stuns.

A lot of this could be cleared up if SWTOR would just use more straight forward names of what is what. I guess a stun that completely impairs you from moving is not considered a movement impairing effect.

Like what is considered Physics? The things that shoot you up in huttball or some class skill?

What is force choke, a movement impairing effect, a force effect, a CC, a root or some other category?

What about a Mara that specced to stop you from moving through a ravage, is that a movement impairing effect or some special classification?

A lot of this could be cleared up if SWTOR would just use more straight forward names of what is what. I guess a stun that completely impairs you from moving is not considered a movement impairing effect.

Like what is considered Physics? The things that shoot you up in huttball or some class skill?

What is force choke, a movement impairing effect, a force effect, a CC, a root or some other category?

What about a Mara that specced to stop you from moving through a ravage, is that a movement impairing effect or some special classification?

It's not that hard. Stuns are different in that you're toon is completely out of you're control (cc type). Since during force choke you are completely out of control, that's a cc/stun.

Physics are moving things, knockbacks/pulls/etc

Movement impariing are roots/slows/etc. As with the mara spec'd into root during ravage, you can still do things, so that's movement imparing.

It's really simple.

It's not that hard. Stuns are different in that you're toon is completely out of you're control (cc type). Since during force choke you are completely out of control, that's a cc/stun.

Physics are moving things, knockbacks/pulls/etc

Movement impariing are roots/slows/etc. As with the mara spec'd into root during ravage, you can still do things, so that's movement impairing.

It's really simple.

So i guess it is not confusing at all that a skill that says it stops all movement impairing effects doesn't stop an effect that impairs all your movement.

You are totally correct this game is the clearest possible game when it comes to CC/Roots and how they work, there is absolutely no confusion at all.

So i guess it is not confusing at all that a skill that says it stops all movement impairing effects doesn't stop an effect that impairs all your movement.

You are totally correct this game is the clearest possible game when it comes to CC/Roots and how they work, there is absolutely no confusion at all.

There isn't once you understand how things are classified. Yes, there was some initial confusion but that all got worked out in... December of 2011. Where have you been?

Edited by Raggok

There isn't once you understand how things are classified. Yes, there was some initial confusement but that all got worked out in... December of 2011. Where have you been?

Congrats you win you showed your leetness and how stupid I am, now want a troll of the year plaque or something?

We all know things being clear and concise only leads to chaos and horror! I mean if you could just read the tool tip and automatically know what you were dealing with all the servers would crash and Satan would reign supreme on Earth.

It's not leet to know something that has been common knowledge for months. The guy up above answered your question very clearly. Perhaps you should have thanked him for clearing the matter up for you and left it at that. Instead you got defensive and launched a passive-aggressive attack on him.

If you had not done that, then I wouldn't have dropped the hammer on you.

By "movement-impairing effects" they mean things that only effect your movement but leave you free to act otherwise. The ability would be extremely OP if it gave immunity to stuns. You could back-to-back it with whitebar resolve to have a ridiculous length of stun immunity.

At first, I thought movement impairing effects were slows/roots/Pulls/KBs.

After playing a Viggy guardian, I get a bonus every time "my movement is impaired". I don't get a bonus from KBs or Pulls.

Movement Imparing effects: Snares, roots (Things that keep you from moving, no resolve)

Physics: KBs, pulls (Things that change your posisition for you, resolve)

Knockdowns: Self explanatory (Like a stun, resolve)

Edited by Zunayson