My Shock Deception Assassin build

JGames

It's pretty good.

Personally I would put 2 points into Avoidance in Deception so my CC break and Interrupt have lower CDs.

I would also take 2 points out of Torment in the Madness tree and put them into Thrashing Blades in Darkness.

That's my preference at least.

Hey, this is my Shock Deception Assassin build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZhGMRkGMbtzZf0cM.1

I need a good Shock Deception Assassin that is good in PvP to tell me if this is a good build.

Thanks in advance.

I think its not best option.It may satisfy you with low gear but as you reach to caps there are better alternatives

1-) Personally I dont use chain shock , Its %45 chance and shock shouldnt be your finisher as an deception assasin. I use shock+volcanic stash at the start of the fight.Chain shock is good for madness when you need a little bit pressure on your dots.

2-) Torment is less then worthless. You dont use trash as deception.Volcanic is replacement of trash. Reducing force cost of shock by 6 is not required if you are deception.

3-) Sith Defiance: Basically ignore all defensive talents. You have lowstash , slow and cooldowns. Best assasins use crowd control abilities to interruption and survive.

4-) Entropic Field: Dont stand on aoe , lol

5-) Recirculation: This is useless too. You wont use discharge untill you have 3x/5x static charges. Discharge hits really really weak but crits really really hard as deception.Use discharge as a nuke.Always use it with recklessness and adrenals , relics. It takes time to stack static charges on 1v1 fight 3x charge is enough for solo fights , on crowded groups I use aoe to gather them fast to 5x . If your target is lucky , assinate will be waiting to serve you.

6-) Avoidance is a must , your main role is to nuke important targets fast. Healers are nr1 priority and you need to interrupt them to be able to nuke them.

Ive been playing since 22 december , im still exploring small tricks everyday.I got almost full bm.I placed champion crit/surge enchancements to bm equipment.I got %39 crit / 76 surge with coordination buff. I suggest you to stack crit/surge and use this spec.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McMZhGbRkhrbtzZc.1

I use 2x volcanic , 1x shock , maul , blackout , maul then

a-) If i got exploitable strikes buff I use relic , rakata adrenal and try to hit 1 or 2 more mauls.I use low stash to pasify enemy while im building force back for more mauls. I got %39 crit with %9 crit chance from exploitable strikes i got almost %48 crit for maul. One of my mauls crit around 4k ( 3.5k if i didnt use relic etc. ) , I have witnessed 5.4k-5.7k maul crits in a row but depends on your luck and crit chance then i use recklessness while power relic and adrenal is at its last seconds and blast a 5k discharge. Even such damage is not enough to kill geared ppl because they may have barrier , guard , somebody healing them etc.Assinate helps at this point.

b-) If exploitable didnt proc I use discharge with all cds 2xvolcanic/shock and spend my last recklessness stacks while cds are active.Always watch for %9 crit buff from exploitable strikes to maul. Many ppl uses maul on %50 armor pen buff but i prefer it with crit buff.

Edited by kijthae

It's fine. Not everything that I would pick, but serviceable.

Here's a video of a Shadow talking about why he takes the talents that he does.

I don't agree with all his choices either, but the important thing is that he's tailoring his spec around how he actually plays. In his case, he plays with a team and gets heals, so being sturdier is more important to him than being stealthier and a little faster.

The only red flag I see in your build is Torment. It's not really useful for Deception.

Chain shock has also been theorycrafted to be higher dps than thrashing blades and charge mastery (more than both together), and is obviously more burst in PvP. Burst is what deception assassins do in PvP, so always pick it up.

I'm personally on the fence about avoidance. You're never going to be interrupting like a marauder (6 sec kick and point blank charge interrupt). Our domain is locking down the healer with burst, kicking the one heal that will save them, and then finishing them off (possibly using low slash / electrocute for the second interrupt if necessary).

Some discussion of talents:

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Sith-Assassin-Deception-analysis

Edited by Enexemander

It's fine. Not everything that I would pick, but serviceable.

Here's a video of a Shadow talking about why he takes the talents that he does.

I don't agree with all his choices either, but the important thing is that he's tailoring his spec around how he actually plays. In his case, he plays with a team and gets heals, so being sturdier is more important to him than being stealthier and a little faster.

The only red flag I see in your build is Torment. It's not really useful for Deception.

Chain shock has also been theorycrafted to be higher dps than thrashing blades and charge mastery (more than both together), and is obviously more burst in PvP. Burst is what deception assassins do in PvP, so always pick it up.

I'm personally on the fence about avoidance. You're never going to be interrupting like a marauder (6 sec kick and point blank charge interrupt). Our domain is locking down the healer with burst, kicking the one heal that will save them, and then finishing them off (possibly using low slash / electrocute for the second interrupt if necessary).

Some discussion of talents:

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Sith-Assassin-Deception-analysis

Chain shock can make you feel you deal burst damage and satisfy you with starter gear.However I prefer %9 armor penetration coming with charge master because it increases your overall damage with saber strike ( you deal energy damage while you are using any dual bladed / light saber with melee attacks ) , volcanic stash , shock and any other ability which deals energy damage.Armor reduces energy damage , many people percieve shock as not effected by armor.As i said shock shouldnt be used as a burst , discharge and maul has more burst capability compared to shock even they hit tinny numbers if they r not crit or you didnt use offensive cooldowns. If you waste your all cooldowns with shock your target will be still alive .

Force speed is most important ability of an inquisher. It serves as an escaping , catching and jumping to places like the gap in the void star , jumping and avoiding fires ... so it will benefit you as more utility.

Chain shock can make you feel you deal burst damage and satisfy you with starter gear.However I prefer %9 armor penetration coming with charge master because it increases your overall damage with saber strike ( you deal energy damage while you are using any dual bladed / light saber with melee attacks ) , volcanic stash , shock and any other ability which deals energy damage.Armor reduces energy damage , many people percieve shock as not effected by armor.As i said shock shouldnt be used as a burst , discharge and maul has more burst capability compared to shock even they hit tinny numbers if they r not crit or you didnt use offensive cooldowns. If you waste your all cooldowns with shock your target will be still alive .

Force speed is most important ability of an inquisher. It serves as an escaping , catching and jumping to places like the gap in the void star , jumping and avoiding fires ... so it will benefit you as more utility.

I'm afraid you are mistaken. When I pop cooldowns, my shock can and does crit for 5k, with the follow-up shock from the talent critting for around 2k. That's 7k of damage for 1 gcd. That is true burst. The next is discharge (unaffected by armor and thus unaffected by charge mastery, btw) that can also crit for 5k.

12k of damage in 2 gcds is the definition of burst.

I agree that force speed and shroud are important, but not important enough for me to give up a healthy chunk of my damage. Besides, they only lower the cooldown. I still have access to the abilities regularly.

I think its not best option.It may satisfy you with low gear but as you reach to caps there are better alternatives

1-) Personally I dont use chain shock , Its %45 chance and shock shouldnt be your finisher as an deception assasin. I use shock+volcanic stash at the start of the fight.Chain shock is good for madness when you need a little bit pressure on your dots.

2-) Torment is less then worthless. You dont use trash as deception.Volcanic is replacement of trash. Reducing force cost of shock by 6 is not required if you are deception.

3-) Sith Defiance: Basically ignore all defensive talents. You have lowstash , slow and cooldowns. Best assasins use crowd control abilities to interruption and survive.

4-) Entropic Field: Dont stand on aoe , lol

5-) Recirculation: This is useless too. You wont use discharge untill you have 3x/5x static charges. Discharge hits really really weak but crits really really hard as deception.Use discharge as a nuke.Always use it with recklessness and adrenals , relics. It takes time to stack static charges on 1v1 fight 3x charge is enough for solo fights , on crowded groups I use aoe to gather them fast to 5x . If your target is lucky , assinate will be waiting to serve you.

6-) Avoidance is a must , your main role is to nuke important targets fast. Healers are nr1 priority and you need to interrupt them to be able to nuke them.

Ive been playing since 22 december , im still exploring small tricks everyday.I got almost full bm.I placed champion crit/surge enchancements to bm equipment.I got %39 crit / 76 surge with coordination buff. I suggest you to stack crit/surge and use this spec.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McMZhGbRkhrbtzZc.1

I use 2x volcanic , 1x shock , maul , blackout , maul then

a-) If i got exploitable strikes buff I use relic , rakata adrenal and try to hit 1 or 2 more mauls.I use low stash to pasify enemy while im building force back for more mauls. I got %39 crit with %9 crit chance from exploitable strikes i got almost %48 crit for maul. One of my mauls crit around 4k ( 3.5k if i didnt use relic etc. ) , I have witnessed 5.4k-5.7k maul crits in a row but depends on your luck and crit chance then i use recklessness while power relic and adrenal is at its last seconds and blast a 5k discharge. Even such damage is not enough to kill geared ppl because they may have barrier , guard , somebody healing them etc.Assinate helps at this point.

b-) If exploitable didnt proc I use discharge with all cds 2xvolcanic/shock and spend my last recklessness stacks while cds are active.Always watch for %9 crit buff from exploitable strikes to maul. Many ppl uses maul on %50 armor pen buff but i prefer it with crit buff.

The way I see it is that I open with Voltaic Slash x2, then Reckless and Shock and hope for a chain.

I was using the Torment so then my Shock only cost 19.8 force instead of 45 or 22.6 force. But you guys are making me second guess that.

All in all, I changed the build to have full Avoidance and full Thrashing Blades.

Thanks for the helpful input guys.

The way I see it is that I open with Voltaic Slash x2, then Reckless and Shock and hope for a chain.

I was using the Torment so then my Shock only cost 19.8 force instead of 45 or 22.6 force. But you guys are making me second guess that.

All in all, I changed the build to have full Avoidance and full Thrashing Blades.

Another thing. If you do not have your 4P PvP bonus which gives 1 extra charge and reduces the CD of Recklessness I would recommend using Discharge before Shock as it is much better to have a crit Discharge and Shock compared to a crit Shock and Chain Shock.

Once you get the 4P bonus go nuts. It can all crit! :p

Don't second guess it. Torment is great and actually better than what you believe it to be, as the force cost reduction is being calculated after the reduction from Voltaic, so that your Shock will cost 17 force instead of 23.

Hey,

Not bad for first attempt but there are some better variations that you can use depending if u prefer burst damage or slightly more consistant damage.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#2000MZGGbRkhMbtzZf0c.1

Burst damage ^

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McMZGGbRkhMbtzZc.1

more consistant damage and a bit more utility ^

hope those two builds help you fix a few things

note both of those builds have been personally tested by me. I dodnt post builds that i have not personally tested.

If your just starting out i would recomend the burst build because it is more simple, if your a rather decent MMO player i would recomend the second build because the increase utility can really help change the out come of a battle.

I'm afraid you are mistaken. When I pop cooldowns, my shock can and does crit for 5k, with the follow-up shock from the talent critting for around 2k. That's 7k of damage for 1 gcd. That is true burst. The next is discharge (unaffected by armor and thus unaffected by charge mastery, btw) that can also crit for 5k.

12k of damage in 2 gcds is the definition of burst.

I agree that force speed and shroud are important, but not important enough for me to give up a healthy chunk of my damage. Besides, they only lower the cooldown. I still have access to the abilities regularly.

I got these stats

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6906/statsbx.jpg

Shock deals energy damage its damage can be reduced by armor , discharge with surging charge deals internal damage and its only reduced by %10 by inquisher/councelar buff + some skill trees if they got.

As deception my shock never crits more then 4k to equal geared players if your shock crits 5k this means your target is a fresh lvl 50 and you can kill them by pressing random buttons and if you casted discharge on him with recklessness , offensive cooldowns , 5x buff ( even 3x is enough ) to discharge active you could deal more then 5k on him/her for sure.

As you see from my screen shot i got %35 crit chance , its %40 if i got imperial buff. Add %9 from Exploitive Strikes to this its almost %50. My maul crits are 4k-5.7k ( its effected by armor too but you have talent to ignore %50 armor ) and most important thing is maul is spammable.. I'm emphasizing again chain shock might be making you feel you deal burst damage on paper but if your target has damage reduction buffs like barrier , guard or recieving heals and your target is not undergeared then you , your maul/discharge become your most effective burst tools.

I used to use shock as my nuke then I started to use maul/discharge with my offensive cooldowns , beleive me or not it makes me feel like an operative.Only difference between ops and assains is ops using 3 buttons to deal burst but assasin needs little bit more time.

Edited by kijthae