Official Q&A Thread for July 20th Blog Post

I've noticed lately that the game has shifted to focus more on pvp, last weeks Q & A was almost exclusively pvp questions. With no information available on when or even if NM Denova is going to be released( other than "soon" which could mean anytime in the next year), is that the new focus now for the future of SWToR?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance that there will be some class balancing before 1.4, with the feedback from ranked warzones so far? As of this point there seems to be only 2 dps classes 1 healer class that seems viable, which I do not think is going to be healthy for the game in the long run.

An idea that's been in the back of my head, is that we should be able to replay class phases sans loot/Lightside-Darkside standing/Companion affection, to reduce "farmability". Is something similar going to be implemented in the future? I'd love to kill a certain prominent Sith (who will remain nameless) again. Edited by bionamaster

Why are there not as many memorable planets, such as Dagobah or Geonosis? Hoth, Tatooine, and Coruscant look and play great, but the others don't bring back any nostalgia. I personally would love to get an Ewok companion on the forest moon of Endor even (since Bounty Hunters get Blizz).

It seems the Battlemaster gear is very specific when it comes to set bonuses. For example: I am a Jedi Shadow. I started getting dps Battlemaster gear. I then change my mind and switch to a tank spec half way through. Therefore I start getting the tank oriented Battlemaster gear for the rest of the slots. The set bonuses do not recognize the different spec'd types, even though all gear is Battlemaster. In addition, when purchasing War Hero gear, I can not use that Battlemaster dps chest piece to get the War Hero tank chest piece? I must grind more Warzone commendations to get the proper types of gear before I can get the correct War Hero gear for my current spec. Could this be revised to accept any type of Battlemaster chest piece for any type of War Hero chest piece?

Regards to Broonmark will his offhand skill ever be changed to allow him to use a DPS offhand of his stat preference like the remainder of the tanking companions out there allowing tanking classes the ability to use them effectively?

Broonmark currently has the abilities to use Power generators (Aim/End) and Shield generators (Str/End). Would be nice to be able to equip him with a Str/End focus.

-Can we expect some kind of change to the current pve relics?As it stands now the BIS pve relics for many advanced classes are the pvp ones.

-Will some classes get black hole offhands in the near future?I understand that specific classes could potentially "exploit" black hole offhands,if they existed,to easily acquire black hole mainhands but to completely cut them off while others can get them is not a solution.

Edited by esendis

A few weeks ago I asked about future open world pvp content and it was answered in one of the weekly Q&A's that it was being worked on.... I was just wondering if any new details on where Swtor is in regards to open world pvp or any other pvp.... Right now I have a fully augmented war hero jk/sent and it took alot of warzones to get that- but for those of us who arent so into the pve aspect of the game, what are we to do other than level another alt which i have 3 other alts one of which is also lvl 50 or do the same old warzones.... is there any plans to implement a owpvp system much like swg had, where there is a regular rotation of every x amount of hours a city was attacked and a player would recieve a message to support their faction in taking or defending the city in which was both a pvp and pve event? Players were able to choose to engage in pvp or to just engage in the pve aspect of it and was rewarded with comms that were used to purchase faction specific items....

Why are so many moddable crafted gear items restricted from use by companions? Light and Medium armors are really bad for this. Since each companion is its own class you can't put any armor on them that has a class restriction on it, and Light and Medium armors have more with class restrictions then without, yet very few heavy armor sets have restrictions at all. Any chance we can get these restrictions lifted, at least for companions?

The crafting window can quickly become cluttered after finding schematics, reverse engineering, and advancing the skill. Are there any plans to clean up the window (ie a "nested" view by armor set or "unlearning" lower-level schematics after successful reverse engineering)? A nested view by consisting of armor set->green items->blue items->purple items would be the most helpful IMHO in that it would allow players to see exactly what they have reverse engineered and what they haven't. This would also crafting sets much easier since there would be no hunting around for individual components in a long list.

Will there ever be buy orders on the GTN? If I can't find a certain item for sale I would like to make a buy order with the item name and credits I am willing to pay so another player can sell the item to me.

Why did you decide on making Reverse Engineering completely independent of your "skill" level and based purely on a low-yield, random process? On average under the current system, it would take more than 75,000 reverse-engineering trials to learn all the purple schematics from Premium equipable items for Armstech. In order to craft that many items, it would take more than 1.5 years of crew mission time to complete, resource gathering not included.

It's understandable why classes are restricted in relation to what weapon they can equip for reasons of distinguishing classes and that animations would have to be reworked for every weapon possibility in the game. However, are there any plans on making weapon proficiencies, particularly for the force-wielding classes, broader? For example a double-bladed lightsaber wielding Guardian. If not, at the very least, removing restrictions of some abilities not working with Vibroswords/Electrostaves and/or allowing one advanced class able to use their base classes weapon of choice efficiently (ie. Commando able to use Blaster Rifles rather than being restricted to Assault Cannons)?

Are there plans or will we ever have the current Bind on Pickup gear converted into BIND ON LEGACY?

Background: the initial Bind gear was developed to fight off gold sellers. Now, we have LEGACY, which is pretty much account on server. Therefore, bind gear is no longer needed per character, so it can and should be extended to Legacy, or account. It is quality of life, or normality, since we can keep the original idea intact : gear cannot leave the account, but it can be traded freely among the characters within the account, while still preserving the "no GTN sell".

In PVP at the end of each match on the score board it shows alot of data from that match. My question is why all the information that has accured during the match not always make it into that score board? example: I get a 5k+ dmg hit however I dont get the medal for it and it doesnt register at all on the scoreboard.

What exactly are you going to do on July 30th, 2012 with all of the accounts that have more characters on the Origin Servers, than available Slots on the Destination Servers? A great many players have posted on the forums that they have more than 8 characters that are having to be moved to one destination server and have many "stuck" characters due to only having 8 slots on the destination server.

We as players of this game, and as paying customers want to know exactly what is going to happen to all of those "stuck" characters with no where to go?

My question is about outfitting: will we ever see powersuits? If we could wear these they would basically be enhanced armor. Powersuits are basically big suits of armor that can increase the wearers physical attributes and protection against physical attacks and harmful environments. They can also be upgraded with built in weapons and attachments (jetpacks grapples etc.). I think these would be reall just… plain out cool and helpful to have in-game. Thanks!! Hope you all consider this question! :jawa_biggrin: