Agent story line, spoil me!

PaintSticks

Im the kind of person who love spoilers, wont watch a movie or read a book until i know how everything is gonna go down. I just got off Nar Shaddaa with my IA, but i dont really want to go on until i know whats going to happen. So tell me everything about the story line. :p

Which choices did you make, which ones are the 'right' ones.

Well, let's see.

Your boss signs you up with a psychopath and sends you off to work. You neutralize some terror cells unless you choose to subvert and control them from within and you strike up a correspondence with an incredibly dangerous former agent unless you decide to kill him and then you either cooperate with an alien faction or fight them off an ally's land and then you recruit an infested Terran (more or less) then you beat the living daylights out of a Dark Council member unless you agree to work for him while tens of millions of lives hang in the balance

and then it starts getting interesting.

You're brainwashed with mind control so when you go into deep cover in the Republic they find out and use it and you have chances to either work with the Republic or indirectly undermine their efforts while still working with the aforementioned Dark Council member if you joined with him, and he'll give you the chance to bump off his successor on the Council, and meanwhile you're singlehandedly undoing your brainwashing with the assistance of a probable hallucination with the aforementioned incredibly dangerous former agent's face. Also a were-rakghoul asks to join you.

You escape the Republic with either bloodshed or a promise to be a double agent. Then you find out that your brainwashing and the war were both orchestrated by a huge ancient cult, half your bosses are knocked out by a secret hologram code, you drum SHODAN out of the walls and adopt her, you get married, Imperial Intelligence is dissolved while you were out brushing your teeth or something, a pyromaniac Sith military commander turns out to be a terrible boss, you attend a classy party, you get the chance to end an hours-long torture session by just standing up, breaking your bonds, and pummeling your captors senseless, you kill a number of very influential members of society, then hand the greatest information resources of this age to an employer of your choice...or yourself.

There's also babes (or studs), disguises, revenge, more psychoactive drug clouds than you can inhale at one go, experimental weapons, snappy one-liners, genetically engineered supergeniuses, hallucinations, and some very sexy ships.

Honestly, every choice is exciting and has interesting implications. I didn't even go LS or DS, I just played by the moment (including by the current revenge or rewarding-recent-kindnesses impulse), and it was good.

Nice, so that a general idea about it. Can anyone give me a more in depth description of whats going to happen. More about Darth Jadas would be nice. :)

Eh. There is also an option at the end of chapter one to talk the villain down, essentially. Logically it does not make sense, and it kind of guts the impact of the encounter.

About Jadus specifically?

Well, he is pretty terrifying, and my agent had nightmares after her 'visit to his office' involving things that she didn't actually remember happening. She had them regularly, until she had other things to have nightmares about, and after that they just took their place in the rotation (or sometimes in combination with the other things, which was worse, so much worse). For her, that incident is where she started to lose her grip on her mind. Whatever he did do to her really messed with her.

Well, let's see.

Your boss signs you up with a psychopath and sends you off to work. You neutralize some terror cells unless you choose to subvert and control them from within and you strike up a correspondence with an incredibly dangerous former agent unless you decide to kill him and then you either cooperate with an alien faction or fight them off an ally's land and then you recruit an infested Terran (more or less) then you beat the living daylights out of a Dark Council member unless you agree to work for him while tens of millions of lives hang in the balance

and then it starts getting interesting.

You're brainwashed with mind control so when you go into deep cover in the Republic they find out and use it and you have chances to either work with the Republic or indirectly undermine their efforts while still working with the aforementioned Dark Council member if you joined with him, and he'll give you the chance to bump off his successor on the Council, and meanwhile you're singlehandedly undoing your brainwashing with the assistance of a probable hallucination with the aforementioned incredibly dangerous former agent's face. Also a were-rakghoul asks to join you.

You escape the Republic with either bloodshed or a promise to be a double agent. Then you find out that your brainwashing and the war were both orchestrated by a huge ancient cult, half your bosses are knocked out by a secret hologram code, you drum SHODAN out of the walls and adopt her, you get married, Imperial Intelligence is dissolved while you were out brushing your teeth or something, a pyromaniac Sith military commander turns out to be a terrible boss, you attend a classy party, you get the chance to end an hours-long torture session by just standing up, breaking your bonds, and pummeling your captors senseless, you kill a number of very influential members of society, then hand the greatest information resources of this age to an employer of your choice...or yourself.

In short, you're like James Bond with laser guns :D

But seriously, IA's plot in the game is, hands down, the best in the game. As far as I know, every other story is pretty linear except for this one. The decisions you make have a impact on the storyline.

Nice, so that a general idea about it. Can anyone give me a more in depth description of whats going to happen. More about Darth Jadas would be nice. :)

Jadus eh?

Well, it turns out he's actually alive and you encounter him once again at the end of Chapter One, with the Eradicators (Weapons of mass destruction or something like that. It's been awhile for me.) and he has half of the codes required to used them while you have the other half (Eradicators will fire at random targets without codes).

You have the option of putting in your half of the codes, "gaining" Jadus's trust and you proceed to sabotage his ship, but he finds out easily enough and you engage him in an epic boss battle. Another option is to not put in codes, but I don't know what happens with that because I took the first option. Last I know of is joining Jadus. From what I heard, this doesn't change the storyline that much except for the fact that you're basically his right hand man.

But seriously, IA's plot in the game is, hands down, the best in the game. As far as I know, every other story is pretty linear except for this one. The decisions you make have a impact on the storyline.

Well, I do remember at the end of the Jedi Knight quest, it felt like each of my major decisions was coming back to show me the results, but very little of the time do I think that any of my choices affected the actual missions. Shame, really, playing a Sniper isn't exactly easy.

Is it just me. or does the early parts of Chapter 2 kinda remind you of the manga Crying Freeman.

I will say, as much as I love all of the Imperial classes, and my Sith Warrior(and his amazing companions)...the Agent has, hands down, the best writing, and Player Character voice acting in the game. I play a male agent, I've not heard the female Agent that much...is she just as good?

When I came back to Nar Shadaa, and when...well....when 'that incident' happened. I was just blown away, and completely hooked on the story.

Edited by JediElf

It's been quite a while since I leveled my IA, but I think I remember a part where you meet new Watchers(3 of them) and they are explained as being more intelligent etc than previous ones. The felt a bit precoggish, and I got a Minority Report vibe at that part of the story.

Did I imagine this? Did anyone else get the Minority Report vibe from them?

I will say, as much as I love all of the Imperial classes, and my Sith Warrior(and his amazing companions)...the Agent has, hands down, the best writing, and Player Character voice acting in the game. I play a male agent, I've not heard the female Agent that much...is she just as good?

She is excellent, except in her romantic scenes, in which she is kind of terrible.

the Agent has, hands down, the best writing, and Player Character voice acting in the game. I play a male agent, I've not heard the female Agent that much...is she just as good?

95% of the people I've heard from adore Jo Wyatt's performance as the female Agent. She never really did it for me - maybe I'm just burned out on confident sexy British accents? - but most fellow players love her.

It's been quite a while since I leveled my IA, but I think I remember a part where you meet new Watchers(3 of them) and they are explained as being more intelligent etc than previous ones. The felt a bit precoggish, and I got a Minority Report vibe at that part of the story.

Never watched minority report, but I did find the new Watchers slightly disturbing. They felt more like droids than actual humans. They felt so cold and neutral, I remember my Agent flirted with one of them and it went straight over her, were as Watcher 2 would at least acknowledge the hint. I was an intresting story point though, that Intelligence was getting an upgrade (before the obvious downgrade).

Did I imagine this? Did anyone else get the Minority Report vibe from them?

Dude, I got the Minority Report the moment I saw the OOC heal animation :D

Ok is it just me, or...

Is the fact that I keep smiling, during my interactions with some characters, beginning to get really, really creepy?

I'm at the Taris stage of Chapter 2, and this whole mind control thing is just fantastic. The reveal has sent me reeling and it's made the Agent's story one of the best ones I've been through so far.

...but the smiling....constant smiling... o_O

My agent is a Zabrak so he looks really weird, when he smiles.

Ok is it just me, or...

Is the fact that I keep smiling, during my interactions with some characters, beginning to get really, really creepy?

I'm at the Taris stage of Chapter 2, and this whole mind control thing is just fantastic. The reveal has sent me reeling and it's made the Agent's story one of the best ones I've been through so far.

...but the smiling....constant smiling... o_O

My agent is a Zabrak so he looks really weird, when he smiles.

Well, the whole situation is really creepy, isn't it? Your agent isn't really himself, now, is he?

Well, the whole situation is really creepy, isn't it? Your agent isn't really himself, now, is he?

It is! It's really creeping me out.

I love all the empire stories, but Ihave to say, I've never been more driven to complete a story arc until this happened.

It's chilling, and I love it! :D

Edited by JediElf

I don't know about best story though, it was definitely up there. I liked the SW one a lot too. I'm more than willing to replay both SW and IA, JC .. not so much same with Trooper and those are the 4 I've actually finished.

And I just noticed that the ones I'll play again are both Imperial..... huh....

I just finished this story... I LOVE IT!

I too finished it last night and I totally concur. It's got some great homages to the spy genre.

I had to laugh when the droid at the Armaggeddon party on Corellia spat knockout gas onto me. Spot-on pulp spy stuff.

I loved the mind-control plot in Chapter 2 and the suedo-Templar/Mason conspiracy group in Chapter 3.

I painted myself into a corner in Chapter 1 and ended up killing Watcher X when I wanted to let him go, but I was pleased to see him return as an element of my subconcious in Chapter 2.

I too finished it last night and I totally concur. It's got some great homages to the spy genre.

I'm not a big spy movie fan and I was glad to find that I still really enjoyed this plotline.

I'm replaying SW again first...uh, twice...because I have unfinished business there, but IA is one that I absolutely intend to run again, more than once. Most classes, you do male/female DS/LS for maybe two playthroughs total and then you've seen it all. Here? Not so much.

I'm not a big spy movie fan and I was glad to find that I still really enjoyed this plotline.

I'm replaying SW again first...uh, twice...because I have unfinished business there, but IA is one that I absolutely intend to run again, more than once. Most classes, you do male/female DS/LS for maybe two playthroughs total and then you've seen it all. Here? Not so much.

I, um, am replaying Livia on the server we play our Republic characters on. Exactly the same, except for one fairly minor decision. Because I am crazy (but also, mostly because I want to record the conversations as well as unlock Chiss on that server, to see if I can manage to make someone who fits with the JK's voice for me). I also have a male agent who is waiting for SGRs to go in.