Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

What I find highly amusing about people is how quickly we turn into the backseat driver. :jawa_biggrin: Suddenly everyone became very experienced when it comes to intricacies of patching games and dealing with errors... but the thing is: still, not the driver. xD

Games, no. Complicated applications with huge backend databases, yes. Testing and rollout procedures are pretty much standard regardless of what you deploy, and for some of us, things like that are our daytime job, like it or not That's why we will have some level of patience because we know things can go sideways, but get pretty pissed off at BS explanations.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your worries many of us have been playing sense the game first came out, that being said, we wonder what has happened did a new programmer sit down and try to do the update ? Your Updates have so many checks and balances that after 7 years a Update should be like making a PB&J sandwich , you done it about 336 times so far. Now thank you for working to fix this , hoping to see a small present, we dont work on the game but we do pay to play well a lot of us do.

No but it sickens me a bit, the guy tries to show us goodwill and gives us free stuff, I repeat, he gives us free stuf... and you people all react negatively on it? I'm sorry to say but it does sound a tad spoiled... were you expecting a hypercrate for everyone?

Yill,

I'm a big fan of you and your enthusiasm and ability to keep things as light-hearted as possible. Here, however, I disagree. Here's why: I actually, happened to see Eric's post about the free goodies pretty quickly after he posted. That, however, was by circumstance. I gathered pretty quickly that the bugs were severe enough that there would be a long down time. As such, I went about my doing other things (FYI: my partner joked that the bathroom has never been cleaner! :D).

In this case, the "rain" Eric spoke of rewarded only those stuck to their screens, which is somewhat bizarre, particularly given his warning that it would take while. My issue is not the ' do nice things part' but the way they chose who received such things.

After all, while I can understand them not handing out 450 cc to everyone, the pet part is hard to understand -- particularly since no pet can ever be better than my LIZARD MONKEY! :rak_03:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I'm merely thinking of this forum (English), by the time the Aussies want to start playing it'll likely be back up and they have enough problems as it is playing an online game, god bless them.

This forum is not US only but game-globally. No offence mate but Europe get the shaft way too often :(

Hey pssst, Eric! Can you maybe pass along the team that making the Bright Yellow Eyes appearance option be available for Twi'lek and other species too would be an excellent compensation for European prime time gone? :D:D:D

Isn't having yellow eyes a sign you might have jaundice?

I've been waiting the same amount as you, it's night here so I will be going to bed soon and I won't have played. Yet, I manage to stay polite and kind, so if I can, then why can't you?

Bioware, just give us Bright Yellow Eyes available for all species and I will be happy :D

I'm unhappy because i read forum all day and some hamsters use all codes. Other users don't have time to use codes so quickly and i ask Eric give codes for all or don't give codes anymore, because many users was angry after his posting with codes. And i just want to play in the game, i love SWTOR. And i hope i can play soon.

By the time I enter my security key to log-in, the code has already been used. This whole thing is pointless. Two codes, really? Anyhow, I agree that they should do a lot of testing before installing updates, most company happened to do that. Having a test server since like a pretty good idea, why is it that you guys can get it right for once, pretty certain isn't for lack of money...:mad:

Alright folks, I have some updates for you.

Initial testing of the fix is looking very promising. The strange issues that you saw (such as missing components on the interface) are not present and everything appears to be working as it should once again. This is not a guarantee as we haven't checked everything, but it is a great start.

With that in mind, we have begun the process of taking the fixed patch and moving it to the live servers. This process will take around 2 hours. Then, we need to verify that everything remained stable and is still working as intended.

Assuming everything goes well, we are hopeful that the servers will be live again in around 3 hours from now. I will pass on updated information as soon as I have it. Thank you everyone for your patience today.

-eric

Would you mind giving an honest answer to a question? Do you guys test the patches before releasing them?

Assuming everything goes well, we are hopeful that the servers will be live again in around 3 hours from now.

Midnight in Europe - signing off for today. Including the 3 patch hours starting midday to afternoon and now a whole evening offline it is nearly a complete day of subscription lost.

Alright folks, I have some updates for you.

(...)

Assuming everything goes well, we are hopeful that the servers will be live again in around 3 hours from now. I will pass on updated information as soon as I have it. Thank you everyone for your patience today.

-eric

again lost day for europe...