Healer or Tank

Like the above poster said, it depends on your server. I often read in threads how people say tanks are very scarce, while in Begeren Colony (my server) it's the opposite, for we have a chronic shortage of healers.

But generally speaking, you can't go wrong with either. :rak_03:

on my server the tank que is instapop..healer's can take 10-15 minutes depending on the hour of the day..

both are in a shorter number than dps so pick really the one you enjoy the most.

if you plan to buy field respec to roll dps time to time go healer since the armor set is almost the same..a tank needs a completely new set of gear to dps.

Pre 2.0 on Begeren Colony there was a tank shortage, now it is a slight healer shortage.

To be fair, most of the good tanks/healers are in guilds and will not run PUGs through FPs anymore due to the cap on comms as this can be hit very quickly just running guildies and then there is no incentive to do the FP anymore.

Typically tank queues are usually shorter in FPs, I have 2 55 Tanks (Jug and Sin) and a 55 Healer (Sorc, Main). The problem I have been seeing lately though is that a lot of people are already geared to the level they are comfortable with and will now only run Operations with guildies.

I suggest you find a group of like-minded people and form a guild and choose your role, tank/healer depending on the guilds needs and what suits you best.

Depends on the server and in some cases the guild.

I am on The Harbinger, tanks seem to be more in demand here. However, in my guild, Healers are what we are short of. Well short of healers as mains, I personally have 3 healers, but only my main counts. I get instant pop in group finder, but mainly because I know when to enter group finder for my daily or I go with a full group from my guild.

Which role seems to be lacking more in pvp and pve? I am torn between the two roles I enjoy them both, any help would be greatly appreciated

The answer is 'yes'.

Most evenings on my server, the limiting role usually seems to be the tank, but there've also been times both in the evening and especially during the daytime hours where healers are in short supply.

So, whichever one you decide to play, you might get insta-pops or you may have to wait. But it at least shouldn't be as long as the DPS queue.

Edited by AlixMV

Depending on server, its tank or healer usually.

For The Shadowlands, I would say tanks are harder to find...but not by much. My healer only take about 10-15 minutes at most for a FP queue. It's usually alitle bit faster on tank.

Depending on server, its tank or healer usually.

For The Shadowlands, I would say tanks are harder to find...but not by much. My healer only take about 10-15 minutes at most for a FP queue. It's usually alitle bit faster on tank.

It's also faction specific as well. I'm also a Shadowlands resident, and I find I generally have to wait longer as a tank pub side versus as a healer imp side. My imp side healer has insta-queues for the most part and my pub tank has a wait of 0-5 minutes generally.

It's also faction specific as well. I'm also a Shadowlands resident, and I find I generally have to wait longer as a tank pub side versus as a healer imp side. My imp side healer has insta-queues for the most part and my pub tank has a wait of 0-5 minutes generally.

This is true. So in summation:

1. Tanks OR Healer is always the right answer =) No matter what, outside of a miracle, Healers and Tanks are always more sought after than DPS role classes.

2. It depends on BOTH your server, AND the faction. I have toons on both sides, and sometimes the Tank is insta-group, other times it's the healer - but depends on the time of day, and the side.

3. In general - Tanks are more sought after, imho, followed by healers, and very distantly by dps role classes. I have 3 tanks, 1 healer, and 1 dps at level 55. My dps toon, I mean, I gotta really be in the mood for waiting for a group, if I want to do a group with him. =/ The others are all relatively quick - by the time I check my mail and/or do some housekeeping in my bank or companion management, I am in. With tank, usually I have to not queue, if I want to do anything else =)

My dps toon, I mean, I gotta really be in the mood for waiting for a group, if I want to do a group with him. =/ The others are all relatively quick - by the time I check my mail and/or do some housekeeping in my bank or companion management, I am in. With tank, usually I have to not queue, if I want to do anything else =)

I pretty much don't do FPs or Ops with my DPS unless I go into the queue grouped with a Tank or a Healer. :/