**Please Read Before Posting**

Now first of all I would like to start off by saying I am in no way bashing swtor as I think it is a very good game. I'm also going to assume that we all can agree that the stories of each class are amazing and actually give us a reason to be questing and leveling. Putting the leveling and class story lines aside, I feel like this game is nothing innovative and special. I hate to compare it to wow, but i feel like it is WoW with some minor tweaks and then they put a Star Wars skin over it. (I'm not saying this is a bad thing necessarily, just that its nothing new.)

That being said, I am curious what Swtor has that other mmo's don't, from what I've read end game PvP and PvE seem to be very similar to WoW. Now I'm not trying to flame Swtor in any way, in genuinely curious as currently I don't have a computer to play while in college until i can save some more money during the summer, and I want to know if it's worth actually investing time into. I would call myself a decent Star Wars fan, and i played for a month while on winter break, however I don't know if that would be enough to keep paying the 15$ a month?

So all you out there that read this all I'm asking is for your opinion on the game, and especially the end game?

Thanks a ton for the feedback ahead of time!

Hey there. The game is definitely modeled based on the typical MMO experience and as you said, has some added tweaks - some for better, some for worse. However, personally, this game is worth investing your time into. There is a solid foundation for what could potentially be a game with a similar lifespan to World of Warcraft. The Star Wars fan base makes the economy in this game very interesting, as you've got a very large span of players varying from progression raiders in other MMO's to people who have never played an MMO and are just Star Wars fans.

That being said, the leveling process is definitely a treat in this game - i agree. As far as end game, you'll see a lot of similarities to other MMO's. Some include the typical dailies, boss mechanics, vendor loot based off badges (commendations) and tokens. However, you will also see some fights that are more puzzle-based, which is a nice twist and refreshing to see in an end game environment. Bioware has stated that they like to mix the operations up a bit and throw in a different experience that you might not see in other MMO's. Check out the videos below to get an idea of this experience, as they are the two puzzle encounters currently available.

Basically, I'd say that if you have a group of players you really enjoy playing with, I would recommend investing your time. If you're going to play solo or just try to pug content, it will get old very quickly. The current content is not very challenging, even at its most difficult mode, so having people you enjoy playing with is what will keep you coming back each week until there is more challenging content and an improved Codex (achievement) system.

Hope this was of some use to you.

Awesome thanks a ton for taking the time to respond, That was the exact kind of answer I was looking for.

So pretty much i was right with the help of my experience and research that the game isn't anything special when it comes to End Game, but does have enough changes that It would keep me coming back as long as I have some friends or a good guild to do this stuff with?

But what does it offer other than the typical end game? I guess I'm trying to ask why should I pay 15$ a month for this game when there are only minor tweaks to Flashpoints and Operations? Other than the Good group of friends.

There is somewhat of an achievement system in place, although it's rather crappy at the moment and not very deep. However, it looks like Bioware has plans to make it a bit more engaging, as they have already added items like "Finish X operation within 2 hours" and you receive the achievement and corresponding title.

I don't know - I'd probably recommend giving it a little bit of time before you commit to see how things play out. There is definitely more than a handful of bugs still in the game that are pretty vital to making it an enjoyable, rewarding experience. Bioware seems to be on the right path; I think it will just take them awhile to get to the point where it provides an engaging experience for people more interested in progression raiding.

Awesome thanks a ton for taking the time to respond, That was the exact kind of answer I was looking for.

So pretty much i was right with the help of my experience and research that the game isn't anything special when it comes to End Game, but does have enough changes that It would keep me coming back as long as I have some friends or a good guild to do this stuff with?

But what does it offer other than the typical end game? I guess I'm trying to ask why should I pay 15$ a month for this game when there are only minor tweaks to Flashpoints and Operations? Other than the Good group of friends.

Honestly it's a tough call, reduced #'s required for raiding, I guess you could say more puzzle mechanics etc.

Really it boils down to - guild relationship/friends - also, consider that WoW has oodles of content, most of it irrelevant end game wise until you catch up to whats all the rage. This game will undoubtedly have the same thing - but right now, the endgame is fresh.

And one major argument I could make - WoW copied EQ in many ways with raiding, 40mans were the norm initially in WoW (Thanks Fires of Heaven) - but things changed. I see BioWare changing things up as time goes on - so it boils down to... do you like sabers/guns or staves/magic?

(: