Covert Energy Headpiece

robtadams

The correct method to achieve the goal "let me hide(1) my hood" is a checkbox alongside "Hide Head Slot".(2)

A Covert Energy Headpiece does not let me hide my hood and show my helmet. There are various headset helmets that do not hide hoods, but I'd quite like to be able to wear one of them *and* hide my hood.

(1) A hood up/down toggle isn't going to happen. Creating new armour sets with hood-up and hood-down versions of the chest is reasonable - there is already at least one like that: the Resort Swimwear set has with-cape and without-cape versions of the chest.

(2) And, self-evidently, moving all the hood-hiding functionality to that checkbox where it belongs. There are a few helmets, e.g. Kallig's Countenance, that look like they would fit under a hood except that they hide it.

Players have been asking for a hood toggle since launch and for a Covert Energy headpiece that would do it for as long as there have been Covert Energy pieces. There must be something terribly difficult about coding the toggle or they would have done it already. They've said in recent livestreams "they're looking into it" but again they've said that many times before. What I can't understand is why they haven't just released what the OP was asking for in the interim. You'd think that at least would be simple and a CM slam dunk in direct sales... Edited by TyrFoge

What I can't understand is why they haven't just released what the OP was asking for in the interim. You'd think that at least would be simple and a CM slam dunk in direct sales...

Because. It. Doesn't. Achieve. The. Required. Result.

See my post above. A Covert Energy helmet doesn't allow me to show the helmet of my choice *and* hide my hood anyway. It's a half-donkeyed solution, but it's highly likely that if we settle for that as an interim thing, that's all we'll get.

It would *also* have to be priced pretty high to avoid it being a cheap way for folks who want to end their subscription to cheese their way to getting the Hide Head Slot unlock without paying for it.

For sure, don't let The Perfect be the enemy of The Good, but don't let The Good be the enemy of The Perfect either.

Because. It. Doesn't. Achieve. The. Required. Result.

See my post above. A Covert Energy helmet doesn't allow me to show the helmet of my choice *and* hide my hood anyway. It's a half-donkeyed solution, but it's highly likely that if we settle for that as an interim thing, that's all we'll get.

It would *also* have to be priced pretty high to avoid it being a cheap way for folks who want to end their subscription to cheese their way to getting the Hide Head Slot unlock without paying for it.

For sure, don't let The Perfect be the enemy of The Good, but don't let The Good be the enemy of The Perfect either.

It would achieve everything I want it to achieve. In this case the Perfect is absolutely the enemy of the Good, since Bioware won't put in the Good as a stop gap measure until they are willing to work on the Perfect. So we all should lose instead of just some of us losing? That really doesn't seem reasonable to me. If's just a way of saying no one should get what they want if I can have what I want.

They could easily price a covert helmet above what a legacy unlock for hide head costs. That is really a non-issue unless you are just looking for any flimsy excuse not to make half the player base really happy. All of the graphics and mechanics are already in the game, so a Covert Helmet would be very low hanging fruit that would have a big yield.

Which is why I said it would have to be priced high enough to make it not cheaper.

I would not mind if it was more expensive than the hide head gear option, because unlike the hide head gear option, it could also remove those ugly hoods that turn my characters bald...

As it is, the only solution to be able to use some of these outfits is to use them on Twi'lek, Togruta or Nautaulan, which is a bit sad as don't want to only have these 3 species.

Or they could do like the Resort Swimwear and have 2 torso parts one with the hood and one with no hood that would look exactly the same as when equiped to one of the 3 species that automatically make the hoods disappear.

Obi-wan, face concealed by his hood, enters the cantina, steps up to the bar, and pushes the hood back, revealing -- a clunky trooper helmet, because that's the "smallest" item that'll remove the hood.

Seriously, it's mainly for us goofy RPers out there. But would it be so hard, or so bad?

Obi-wan, face concealed by his hood, enters the cantina, steps up to the bar, and pushes the hood back, revealing -- a clunky trooper helmet, because that's the "smallest" item that'll remove the hood.

Seriously, it's mainly for us goofy RPers out there. But would it be so hard, or so bad?

I know who it's for, but while a CE Helmet wouldn't be *hard* to make, on the scale of things, it would *not* be the right solution.

What if you want to, while RPing, wear, say, Kallig's Countenance *and* a hood? (That's the *reverse* problem. Kallig's Countenance hides hoods even if you don't want it to.)

What if you want to wear the Eraditcator's Helmet *without* a hood? (It doesn't hide hoods.)

Currently, neither of those is possible, and a Covert Energy helmet wouldn't be able to solve either of them.

I know who it's for, but while a CE Helmet wouldn't be *hard* to make, on the scale of things, it would *not* be the right solution.

Agreed. While I'd be satisfied with a Cover Energy Headpiece, I'd prefer the better option and feature of having a hood toggle. Because, with the covert headpiece you won't be able to wear masks underneath your hood, which would - in turn - make the feature incomplete, just like you said.

Agreed. While I'd be satisfied with a Cover Energy Headpiece, I'd prefer the better option and feature of having a hood toggle. Because, with the covert headpiece you won't be able to wear masks underneath your hood, which would - in turn - make the feature incomplete, just like you said.

Very good point.