Speeder Speeds Perks

Silko

Lets talk speeder speed perks shall we? One of the things that the community has been asking since launch is faster speeders. When the devs are finally able/willing to put it in the game, they put it in as a character perk for 2 mil for the new fastest speed of 130% Two issues with this. 1) That is an ridiculous amount of credits for a perk that only effects a single character. 2) Far more importantly this was advertised as a Legacy perk along with the perk for 25% boost to Command CXP when you achieve lvl 300. There was no use of verbiage to state that they will be different types of Legacy perks as Speeders are a character perk and the CXP perk is a Global Unlock. Here are the patch notes:

New mount speed Legacy Perks are available for purchase, Speeder Piloting 4 and Speeder Piloting 5. They increase mounted speed by 120% and 130% respectively.

A new Command XP Legacy Perk, Commanding Legacy, is available for purchase. This perk can only be purchased once you have reached Command Rank 300 on a character and it increases all Command XP gains within your Legacy by 25%. This perk stacks with all other bonuses and only affects Command Ranks 1-299.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

If BW had advertised the speeder speed perks were going to be character perks from the start then I would not have as much of an issue with it (Character perks should just be legacy tbh but that's another debate). Please make the Speeder Perks global unlocks rather then character perks. I think the price is fine where it is at.

1,8 million is nothing. You should have at least that much when you hit level 70.

Also, you do not need rank 4 and 5 for most of the game.

Or just use the referral speeder. It's rank 5 automatically.

About time we got a good credit sink.

Edited by Halinalle

Lets talk speeder speed perks shall we? One of the things that the community has been asking since launch is faster speeders. When the devs are finally able/willing to put it in the game, they put it in as a character perk for 2 mil for the new fastest speed of 130% Two issues with this. 1) That is an ridiculous amount of credits for a perk that only effects a single character. 2) Far more importantly this was advertised as a Legacy perk along with the perk for 25% boost to Command CXP when you achieve lvl 300. There was no use of verbiage to state that they will be different types of Legacy perks as Speeders are a character perk and the CXP perk is a Global Unlock. Here are the patch notes:

New mount speed Legacy Perks are available for purchase, Speeder Piloting 4 and Speeder Piloting 5. They increase mounted speed by 120% and 130% respectively.

A new Command XP Legacy Perk, Commanding Legacy, is available for purchase. This perk can only be purchased once you have reached Command Rank 300 on a character and it increases all Command XP gains within your Legacy by 25%. This perk stacks with all other bonuses and only affects Command Ranks 1-299.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

If BW had advertised the speeder speed perks were going to be character perks from the start then I would not have as much of an issue with it (Character perks should just be legacy tbh but that's another debate). Please make the Speeder Perks global unlocks rather then character perks. I think the price is fine where it is at.

Speeder training via Legacy unlocks HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PER CHARACTER. The only thing different about these two new levels is you can only get them via Legacy... not through a trainer. Why on earth would you expect them to suddenly make them Legacy Global????? Wishful thinking is my guess.... which is on you, not the studio.

Besides... you need to be level 30+ just to begin to access them... so I really do not even see the fees as overboard to be honest. Most players by level 30 have the credits on the character (because there is really little else to spend them on.

Edited by Andryah

Or just use the referral speeder. It's rank 5 automatically.

Thanks! I did not know this.. so I'll have to check that... if so... why would anyone buy the perks unless they are swimming in credits (which frankly most veterans are). When you need max speed, and don't want to spend the credits for the perks... just whip out the referral speeder.

Edited by Andryah

Only that speeder. For every other speeder you have to purchase rank 4 and rank 5 perks.

So I just checked in game and the tool tip for the referral speeder specifically states that it defaults to 110%, and to get beyond that you have to purchase the level 4 and 5 speeder training.

So I doubt this actually is running at speeder 5 by default.. and if it is.. they will probably nerf it as a bug.

So I just checked in game and the tool tip for the referral speeder specifically states that it defaults to 110%, and to get beyond that you have to purchase the level 4 and 5 speeder training.

So I doubt this actually is running at speeder 5 by default.. and if it is.. they will probably nerf it as a bug.

Yeah, I don't see anything that supports this speeder being 5 by default.

The tooltip says "at least 110%" regardless of your skill (which is how it's always worked) and then shows the speed chart 1-5 just like all the other speeders do.

So if it's running at 5 without the perk, I'd say that's a bug and will probably be fixed.

Edited by Rankyn

I do not feel any faster with both perks purchased. Do mounts have to be adjusted as well, since they state in the tooltip Rank 1, 2 and 3.

Also, don't mind this being character perk, only that it's too expensive. I've 24 toons and to upgrade this on all of them is going to be costly.

As swtor central (see youtube) proved, the new perks dont work. So dont buy them. And Im also for future legacy unlock. Make it even 4 or five millions. 1,8 mil. on one character is too costly. Even more when it doesnt work. :)

As swtor central (see youtube) proved, the new perks dont work. So dont buy them. And Im also for future legacy unlock. Make it even 4 or five millions. 1,8 mil. on one character is too costly. Even more when it doesnt work. :)

I watched that video too. So this is confirmed? They don't work??? I bought them but honestly can't tell and neither can my friends. I did notice the difference when I upgraded from one to two and two to three. I thought maybe it was just me. Hmph. What a bummer. I was looking forward to this the most. Hope they fix it.

I watched that video too. So this is confirmed? They don't work??? I bought them but honestly can't tell and neither can my friends. I did notice the difference when I upgraded from one to two and two to three. I thought maybe it was just me. Hmph. What a bummer. I was looking forward to this the most. Hope they fix it.

I am sure they will fix it. I'll be buy the perks, when I have enough credits, on my other characters for when they fix it. Probably something went wrong that they did not expect. These happens, and I'm still just as excited about the perks when it is eventually fixed. Isn't their a patch every Tuesday, it might even be fixed then! :D

100% = walking speed

135% = out of combat sprint turned on

190% = tier 1 speeder

200% = tier 2 speeder

210% = tier 3 speeder & rocket boots

220% = tier 4 speeder

230% = tier 5 speeder

2.3 x walking speed is not much faster than 2.1 x walking speed.

In case people don't realise, walking speed is the one you mostly only see in combat because you're so used to going around with sprint toggled for years.

The way you can see the difference is to do a chase. You slowly see the 230% speeder moving closer to or further away from the 210% speeder depending on how you do it.

Edited by Gyronamics

100% = walking speed

190% = tier 1 speeder

200% = tier 2 speeder

220% = tier 4 speeder

230% = tier 5 speeder

So what speed is out-of-combat with sprint turned OFF? It isn't walking speed, because there *is* a separate walking speed(1), and with sprint off, your character sort of jogs.

(1) You actually walk. Female characters are a bit ... suggestive ... in their movements, but yes. It's really, really slow, and I think it's included as just an RP thing, mostly.

I'd be willing to speculate that the thing you call 100% is sprint-off jogging, and actual walking is more like 35-50%.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

100% = walking speed

190% = tier 1 speeder

200% = tier 2 speeder

220% = tier 4 speeder

230% = tier 5 speeder

In case people don't realise, walking speed is the one you mostly only see in combat because you're so used to going around with sprint toggled for years.

The way you can see the difference is to do a chase. You slowly see the 230% speeder moving closer to or further away from the 210% speeder depending on how you do it.

Actually, I can kinda see this. I asked a guy if he had the two new speeder levels yet, and he said no. So I decided to do my own test (I didn't tell him) I was just watching behind me as I drove, and I could have sworn, if we had to go further that I was gradually pulling away.

I think the issue is that people were expecting the two new speeder licenses to be exponentially faster, and admittedly I might have been guilty of that, too.

Edited by TyonYlle

100% = walking speed

190% = tier 1 speeder

200% = tier 2 speeder

220% = tier 4 speeder

230% = tier 5 speeder

From my own testing, this is exactly what I observed as well. It's minor, but it is there...just negligible.

Edited by TUXs

Eric has dug in to the reports of the new speeder ranks not reflecting increased speeds.... and has responded.....

Hey folks,

After some digging we have determined what appears to be going on. There is a bug present in certain mounts which is preventing them from being affected by the Rank 4 and 5 speed increases. This is affecting most forms of speeders. This bug is not affecting creature mounts however, so using those is a work around in the interim.

We are looking to get this fixed in our next patch, which based on the current schedule is 5.3. I will provide any additional updates as I get them.

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9332769&postcount=31

Some mounts.... (apparently actual speeders) are not reflecting level 4 and 5 speeder in their performance. Apparently this is not an issue with animal mounts.. and they have it scheduled for a fix in 5.3.

Edited by Andryah

I do not feel any faster with both perks purchased. Do mounts have to be adjusted as well, since they state in the tooltip Rank 1, 2 and 3.

Also, don't mind this being character perk, only that it's too expensive. I've 24 toons and to upgrade this on all of them is going to be costly.

It is too costly for people that have an actual life and dont have time to play all day. I have about 40 toons.

Edited by MandFlurry

Eric has dug in to the reports of the new speeder ranks not reflecting increased speeds.... and has responded.....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9332769&postcount=31

Some mounts.... (apparently actual speeders) are not reflecting level 4 and 5 speeder in their performance. Apparently this is not an issue with animal mounts.. and they have it scheduled for a fix in 5.3.

Thanx, Eric, i k knew i wasnt going faster and it didn't feel like it as well. Though I have an Overpoerwered Computer for this game, it seemed at time that the speeder did want to go fast but it was getting laggy, which never happens on my Computer

It is too costly for people that have an actual life and dont have time to play all day. I have about 40 toons.

>have an actual life and dont have time to play all day

>have about 40 toons

Somehow, I feel these two statements are about to wage a long and bloody war against each other.

>have an actual life and dont have time to play all day

>have about 40 toons

Somehow, I feel these two statements are about to wage a long and bloody war against each other.

I make a lot of Token toons. 60 and 65s's, After being on and of work, i make my Mains Class' characters first from each class first, oh hell, i don't owe explanations;)

Edited by MandFlurry