Most active GSF Servers

Aricin

Hi,

This might be a bit random question, which servers are the most active re GSF on US servers in relation to Eastern Time zones.

I am in the UK and rolled at launch to play with friends from the US. They don't play anymore and you cant transfer between US/EU. I got to many legacy unlocks and 55s and am not starting over.

My playtime is usually 3-6pm eastern weekdays and on PoT5 it can take 45+min for a single match to pop. I know this is ahead of prime time. Any other servers more active during that time frame?

Thanks,

The Ebon Hawk probably has the most frequent queues and the largest defined GSF community, but the level of competition is inconsistent. Sometimes you'll get spanked by Eclipse Squadron (Imperial) or Saberwing (Republic), and sometimes you'll get placed against a bunch of 2-shippers.

We also try to hold a Strikes-only night most Monday eastern evenings, which can be a fun change of pace, when we get enough participation (which varies).

If you're Imperial and decide to come to TEH, be sure to check out Eclipse Squadron (see my signature). We're the largest GSF guild on any server that I'm aware of, and we welcome anyone who loves to fly, and we usually have 1-3 groups flying every night at the times you've specified.

We're also going to make a real attempt to participate in Guild Flagship / Conquest, primarily through GSF, but also supported by some other ground play.

If you're Republic and want to come to TEH, check out Saberwing for a big guild, or Windwalkers for a GSF/RP guild.

From what I've gathered, The Bastion also has a healthy GSF population, but I don't think it has any large guilds focused on GSF. Being a PvP server, the quality of competition is probably going to be more consistent than what you'll find on TEH. But you'll probably need to find some pre-made crew to fly with in order to do well. And I honestly have no idea what their queue-times are like.

From what I've gathered, The Bastion also has a healthy GSF population, but I don't think it has any large guilds focused on GSF. Being a PvP server, the quality of competition is probably going to be more consistent than what you'll find on TEH. But you'll probably need to find some pre-made crew to fly with in order to do well. And I honestly have no idea what their queue-times are like.

Bastion has healthy queues all day long typically with 2 games going, a little heavy on imp side lately but healthy nonetheless. As to guilds there are several GSF only guilds including Obsidian Squadron on impside and Flying Circus on pubside. There was another guild called Swift and Absolute and another who's name escapes me now.

On Bastion there is a lot of competition but groups have been on the decline lately, I myself have been mostly pugging except when the guildees are on.

Lots of new and old players alike, queue times typically <15 mins (if you manage to get in while a game is starting pops are instant or close to it)

Lots of new and old players alike, queue times typically <15 mins (if you manage to get in while a game is starting pops are instant or close to it)

I think queues on all "major" GSF servers (Harb, TEH, Bastion, not sure if there's others but I'm not wasting my time to check) work the same way: There's typically 1-3 games going. If you queue right as a game ends your pop will probably be instant. If not, you'll be waiting up to the length of a game (depending on how many are going and when they started) to get in.

I don't think it really varies much from that model. Games end, start up again, and stay that way practically all day (err-day). Grouping gets you in faster no matter what server you're on. People seem friendly on all servers and every server also has its... special... pilots. If you choose any of the three you'll get pops regularly and have fun if you go in with no expectations.

Like RP with a more defined social atmosphere? Choose TEH.

Like premades and heavy competition in the evenings? Choose TB.

Like gunship walls or stomping armies of newbies? Choose TH.

I don't think you can go wrong selecting any of the three, and you'll find that (more often than not) matchmaking is a myth. The above is pretty simplified and doesn't give any of the three servers the credit they deserve, but it would make the choice easier based on what you're looking for.

Hope that helps. :)<== ™ by Drakolich. All rights reserved.

Edited by TrinityLyre

Jung Ma is fine unless it's the middle of the night. Anywhere from 8am to midnight eastern time (approximate), you will rarely have to wait more than 15 minutes or so. Late night queue pops do happen, but not reliably. Most players I see are around my skill level; I consider myself average.

Probably about 80% of my play time is spent in GSF, and I am online quite a bit. All day when I can get away with it.

Jung Ma is the only US RP-PvP server, if that interests you at all.

Edited by Ymris