Huttball Championships - Rebels vs Separatists

Beniboybling

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the support troops were supposed to be the best each army had to offer, Seps should have had MagnaGuards.

I partially agree honostly but I think it was mostly thought that he wanted the 4 support troops of each team to be even which is why I am asking which regiments each of the 4 would be from or if there is way to determine by random draw each different regiment (I personally wouldnt include the 7th maybe by roll of a 6 sided die to decide which regiment the 4 are from rolling the die 4 times and which ever number comes up is the regiment they are from).

If the support troops were supposed to be the best each army had to offer, Seps should have had MagnaGuards.

Seps already been defeated, beni called it already, deal with it....wait you can't you bad girl

Its not, really. They're simply meant to be ground forces from each team that are fairly equal in combat. I feel commando droids are a match for Alliance SpecForces.

Anyways, it would seem its time to call this soon and I will do so as soon as I have time.

Its not, really. They're simply meant to be ground forces from each team that are fairly equal in combat. I feel commando droids are a match for Alliance SpecForces.

Anyways, it would seem its time to call this soon and I will do so as soon as I have time.

ok well for my closing argument then As you can see from my analyzation of possible tactics of different ball carriers of both the sep team on page 10 and the rebel team on page 12 The seps I dont see have any sure fire way to get the ball over the line though they do have several possible ways all of these way can be shut down with or with out R2 being in the middle, R2 in the middle on the other hand almost garentees a shut down. While the rebels do have 2 ways to get a sure fire score along with just as many possibles because of this I feel it much more likely that the rebels can score obviously for this reason I think rebels win.

On a side note I do not believe R2 has to plug in for long to create havic and turn the game in favor of the rebels we have seen it time and again the little R2 unit is always underestimated and before the empire or the seperatists realize it time and time again he has gotten the heroes out of bad situations with the rebels playing fairly evenly and fighting evenly with out R2 being taken into consideration, his contribution however small will feel like a tidal wave that tips the scales in the rebels favor. He is the Deus Ex Machina of star wars with the arogance of the seps he will go unnoticed until its to late and they have already lost or he has already done the damadge that he needed to do. At the end I think R2 is what will win the day for the rebels.

Edited by tunewalker

Beni, to your knowledge, has luke ever used Pyrokenisis?

Could he bend the fire in the traps, or set it alight to his whim?

No one has mentioned this, but Lukes greatest strength is he can use force powers that he has never studied in depth, just knows its possible and makes it happen...

If he can, this game is over.

Beni, to your knowledge, has luke ever used Pyrokenisis?

Could he bend the fire in the traps, or set it alight to his whim?

No one has mentioned this, but Lukes greatest strength is he can use force powers that he has never studied in depth, just knows its possible and makes it happen...

If he can, this game is over.

I don't believe Luke has been shown to use Pyrokinesis, but Leia said that he taught her how to do it. Though I doubt he knew how to do it during ROTJ.

I don't believe Luke has been shown to use Pyrokinesis, but Leia said that he taught her how to do it. Though I doubt he knew how to do it during ROTJ.

He didn't, the powers he knew up to ROTJ are..

TK

Force Jump

Force Speed

Force Push/Pull

Force Valor

Mind Trick/Mind Control/Hypnosis

Force Deflection

Beast Control

Telepathy

Precognition/Farsight/Vision

Levitation

Force Absorb

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He didn't, the powers he knew up to ROTJ are..

TK

Force Jump

Force Speed

Force Push/Pull

Force Valor

Mind Trick/Mind Control/Hypnosis

Force Deflection

Beast Control

Telepathy

Precognition

Levitation

Force Absorb

I dont know if you count this in telekentics like I do but if you didnt you missed Force crush/force Choke

Also to a point you missed Control Pain and Force enhanced Strength and endurance but I think those are fairly common any way. Other then that ya thats a pretty spot on list I cant think of anything thats missing or anything that shouldnt be there.

Edited by tunewalker

I dont know if you count this in telekentics like I do but if you didnt you missed Force crush/force Choke

Also to a point you missed Control Pain and Force enhanced Strength and endurance but I think those are fairly common any way. Other then that ya thats a pretty spot on list I cant think of anything thats missing or anything that shouldnt be there.

Ya I was lumping in the Choke with TK, probably should have done it with Push/Pull too but meh. Though ya he did also know how to use The Force to enhance his body but thats pretty basic so I didn't feel the need to put it there, but its pretty covered if he knows Force Speed/Jump/Valor, that he would know how to enhance his body anyway.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ya I was lumping in the Choke with TK, probably should have done it with Push/Pull too but meh. Though ya he did also know how to use The Force to enhance his body but thats pretty basic so I didn't feel the need to put it there, but its pretty covered if he knows Force Speed/Jump/Valor, that he would know how to enhance his body anyway.

Ya i Figured just wanted to make sure their was no confusion cus you know how things can get.

Ok well that one's clarified....

Beni, if R2 was to hack into a flame duct at the Frogdog side of the map, would he be able to access all flame vents everywhere? or just on his half? Or what...

R2 can only hack into the fire trap network from the base of the Huttball holder. Which gives him unlimited access to all the traps.

R2 can only hack into the fire trap network from the base of the Huttball holder. Which gives him unlimited access to all the traps.

Okay the Seperatists are in serious trouble then...

All things considered, the Rebels probably have this in the bag. I've noticed Galen seems to get stronger when he is protecting others, so threatening allies with Galen on the field is the absolute worst tactic you can try.

As far as Luke Skywalker of RotJ, Luke wasn't out to kill Vader, he was trying to avoid it. If Vader had just been some random Sith, Luke would have just taken him down and try to save him if the guy survived the fight... Btw, Luke was probably taught some Ataru (it was Yoda's specialty after all) and definately would have learned Shii-cho (the youngling style). If Luke learned Djem So, he'd also know Shien (which was an offshoot of sorseu).

Add the devious nature of R2-D2 to all of this, and he'd probably be activating and deactivating traps to deliberately catch seperatists in them, I can just see Grievous being char-broiled by R2-D2.

Galen utilized Juyo primarily which is an aggressive style but he also knew shien along with other saber forms. Luke used Djem So, which is the worst form for Dooku to go against if the wielder is very skilled.

Luke vs. Dooku seriously favors Skywalker in the extreme, plus the fact Luke doesn't behave in an obnoxious manner means Dooku is more apt to try enter into his one-on-one duels and would not take kindly to Ventress's interference.

Galen is more apt to use the force to throw people into fire pits, I can see him doing that to Durge and Grievous fairly quickly, and in all honesty I don't think Grievous would impress Galen all that much.

The post I was planning to do was getting much to lengthy, so I decided instead to post the link to an interesting video. The vid should back up my point better than I could do with explanations. It's a vid of a huttball match.

(Please note that I don't know any person involved with this video, but I think that the person, who made it, is a great player. I learned one or the other trick from his vids.)

The point I am trying to make is that, when team A scores and team B controls mid, team B has a very high chance of making a counterscore. The separatists have a player who can stay at mid (meaning that he doesn't move beyond the acid pools) and still assist defending/attacking, namely Durge. So the separatists barely lose any defensive power (except near the goalline) while controlling mid, while the rebels would lose an important player in the offense/defense unless they send R2 to mid.

Not related to the vid:

The arguments for R2's combat strength brought up do not convince me. He doesn't have that many tools that can be used in open combat (It is new to me that he has a smoke screen. In episode 5 he created one using the gas ventils on Bespin. It's not something he can do anywhere.). And I still claim that the separatists can spare two commando droids to hunt him down. Any of the 'players with names' on the separatists side can quickly defeat the alliance forces, so the two missing commando droids will make up for the lack of additional firepower by keeping R2 away from mid.

The post I was planning to do was getting much to lengthy, so I decided instead to post the link to an interesting video. The vid should back up my point better than I could do with explanations. It's a vid of a huttball match.

(Please note that I don't know any person involved with this video, but I think that the person, who made it, is a great player. I learned one or the other trick from his vids.)

The point I am trying to make is that, when team A scores and team B controls mid, team B has a very high chance of making a counterscore. The separatists have a player who can stay at mid (meaning that he doesn't move beyond the acid pools) and still assist defending/attacking, namely Durge. So the separatists barely lose any defensive power (except near the goalline) while controlling mid, while the rebels would lose an important player in the offense/defense unless they send R2 to mid.

Not related to the vid:

The arguments for R2's combat strength brought up do not convince me. He doesn't have that many tools that can be used in open combat (It is new to me that he has a smoke screen. In episode 5 he created one using the gas ventils on Bespin. It's not something he can do anywhere.). And I still claim that the separatists can spare two commando droids to hunt him down. Any of the 'players with names' on the separatists side can quickly defeat the alliance forces, so the two missing commando droids will make up for the lack of additional firepower by keeping R2 away from mid.

i actually agree with this but The issue I see is that I dont see Durge staying in the middle alone The rebels dont need their entire team to be able to make it to the end zone to score (again see my analyzation on possible score potential) also again with the commando droids gone that is 2 less people the rebels have to kill both of which are going after a non combatant that is not neccisary for the rebels to win only makes it more likely by sending 2 droids after them you are just lowering the seps combat strength without truely hurting the rebels at all. Once durge is incapacistated and placed onto a fire pit R2 can keep it on and he can be incapcitated indeffinately this would not be difficult for any one on the rebel team to do. Even Rohm Kota who was my initial pick along with the rebel forces to try and stay in the middle as much as possible. And finally if they get a counter score it will be just as easy for the rebels to get their own counter score by having Luke and Galen return to the middle again assuming the person with the ball isnt stopped by R2's never ending flame vents. I know you think R2 is useless but you send droids after him and thats all he has to do keep 2 droids occupied he has shown time and time again to be crafty. Also how likely do you truely think the seps will send anything to handle R2 they will see him as largly not a threat something the both the empire and the seps have shown they see him on multiple occassions. He has gotten to many people out of to many bad situations to many times to discount him even if we send droids after him you just weakened the battle strength of the seps and made it even more likely the rebels will score, and keep hold of the center.

List of things R2 has

Rocket booster Cable gun Oil injector

Claw arm Fusion cutter holorecorder

internal comlink Periscope Electric Pike

Propeler Hidden lightsaber holder Fire extiguisher/smoke screen

small saw Air cannon Crashmat

Lariat Sub-mode Umbrella

Flee remover Droid deactivator Computer interface arm

Charge arm (electric shock) Scanners Hose

And thats really about it so ya he does have a smoke screen its his fire extiguisher that he uses as one.

Ultimately I agree with you but you have mixed up the teams. Rebels are team B they dont need their entire team to move the ball only the ball carrier and MAYBE 1 other person depending on who is giving chase if Luke has the ball it requires the 4 commando droids to assist in bringing him down with out that he requires no protection meaning the entire rebel team other then him can hold middle and since you already have 2 droids after R2 this isnt happening. If Galen has the ball it requires Dooku and ventress working together to take him down. (if we are to assume that Durge remains in the middle at all times) but dooku cant keep pace and ventress is likely dead by the time dooku catches up again meaning the droids or durge are needed. You are spreading the team to thin by occupying 2 droids in the search and destroy mission on R2 and by occupying durge to hold the middle you are allowing the rebel ball carrier to pretty much move solo thus allowing the rest of the team to hold the middle. And with the droids haveing only one goal kill R2 those 2 Droids are the most likely to be caught in a special forces trap or gunned down from a better position a squad of 4 is always more efficient and more effective then a squad of 2. The rebels dont have to move as a whole to get the ball scored and I dont see them giving up mid. In the example you give you have to teams mixed up. Team A who might get a score at the sacrifice of the middle is the seps Team B is the rebels that will control mid and get a score while still controling it. 1 person does not hold middle a team does but 1 person can move the ball.

Edited by tunewalker

Hey?! What's that magic blue power she's got?

I am not sure what is being talked about here whether its gaurd or could be the defensive screen but ya other then that I am not sure what you are talking about or.... whether sarcasm or not or something just kind of confused what this was supposed to mean.

I am not sure what is being talked about here whether its gaurd or could be the defensive screen but ya other then that I am not sure what you are talking about or.... whether sarcasm or not or something just kind of confused what this was supposed to mean.
She keeps blasting forward in some sort of roll or something... never seen that before.

Good vid, but don't know if hasn't been said yet Luke is team leader might stay in the mid, often the team leader doesn't take the ball.

Well honostly I wouldnt say it neccisarily had to be Luke who stayed in the middle both him and Galen I would call the ball runners Rohm the 4 spec force members and R2 on the other hand would stay middle with Galen or Luke in the middle depending on what the opponent team was doing. My main point was that Durge isnt going to be the only one in the middle as the rebels dont need to move as a whole to score. Unlike the seps unless they have a clear shot to the goal which i dont guess that they would. In all honosty both teams have a chance to win I just believe the rebels have the greater chance at winning which is what i am argueing they have a better chance not a garanteed chance no one will ever be garanteed to win only a chance.

Actually another thought about the commando droids chasing down R2 honostly doing this even if successful wont accomplish anything.

What the commando droids need to be able to do to give the seps a higher chance of winning then the rebels

Kill R2

Assist in killing Luke or Galen

Kill the Rebel spec forces

VS what the rebel spec forces need to do to give the rebels a good chance of winning

Kill commando droids

The likely hood that the droids complete 1 of these missions is ok but to complete all 3 or even just 2 of these with the rebel specforce all over them trying to stop them is highly unlikely even if they succeed at doing 1 it wont defeat the rebel team and the rebel spec forces are just as likely to stop the droids from completeing their mission as the droids are likely to succeed at it. And thats just if the droids try to do 1 of these things not 2 or 3 of them if they try to do more then 1 its not likely they will succeed at the second and without doing that it will not slow the rebels down at all.

Yes, that's scamper (and if I'm not mistaken one can learn it at lvl 51). In the vid he calls it stamper (and he explains why in his comments). An extremely powerful skill, if used correctly.

Funny story about it: Just yesterday a scamper-operative beat me in speed on my shadow in a huttball match. I was in the zone of my own goalline and could see him/her coming from quite a distance (he/she was still on the other side of the last fire). Unfortunately I was at the wrong end of the (quite broad) zone near my goalline and I couldn't reach him/her anywhere in time.

Concerning R2's smokescreen: Thanks for explaining. I had a different kind of smokescreen in mind when you mentioned it first.

Concerning team A and team B: I wrote A and B on purpose, because that applies for both teams. The question is, who can do this better. By now I am quite sure that this match will be a match of many points. My bet is on a 4:5, 5:5 or 5:6, but the question is which side.

But Beni will have a hard time to end this match if we constantly add new points, so I'm gonna drop it here.

@Beni: You should play more pvp. As long as you don't join the club of sore losers and flamers it can be a lot of fun.