5.0 Combat Sentinel/Carnage Marauder Guides by Hayete

Bahadori

Thanks for making this guide! I'm using it for working on my Marauder and it's very useful. :)

However I do have a question for you. I'm still working on the rotation and I've only gotten this far Opener, Burst 1 > Cycle 1 > Burst 1, however, I'm always short two stacks of Zen when I get to where I need to do Massacre x3 & x4 in the rotation. Because I'm always short I have to do Massacre x4 and x5 instead. As far as I know I'm following the rotation exactly. Do you have any ideas why I'm short?

Thanks! :)

Do a quick parse of what you're doing and upload it to parsely and i'll take a look at it. Odds are you're just missing an ability somewhere.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since your words seem to have some kind of impact, can you vote for a 360 cyclone slash? Thats the only thing that bothers me about that specc (in pvp)

I'm not big on PvP in this game but if you're using Cyclone Slash i'd say you're wasting damage. Combat is much better used as surgical precision. Also, they wont change Cyclone Slash because it makes no sense to have sabers hitting all around (lore wise, which they are big on). If you're proficient with the spec however it's not an issue turning at the right angle and hitting the people you want to hit. Cyclone Slash reaches 270 degrees so if you want to hit a group instead of standing in the middle of them take a few steps back, put them infront and beside you and you'll be able to hit all of them.

Hey! Thanks for the info. I will be making a PvP guide soon. TBH i have been away for a few months so I'm a bit out of sorts. I'm still working on Stats and gear for PvP guide but I definitely found your information useful.

Lol I find all this new gearing system completely ridiculous.

Thanks OP. I have two questions that are more PvP geared:

1) You should always delay devastating blasting to sync with precision window. It surely seems the case in PvP. Not sure in PvE. It is also very strange considering that there is a sec difference in CD.

2) I have seen another post regarding PvP stats and I wont go for full alacrity build. If I chose to max out critic, at what point should I stop and use some alacrity instead?

Appreciate the help!

Edited by Ottoattack

Thanks OP. I have two questions that are more PvP geared:

1) You should always delay devastating blasting to sync with precision window. It surely seems the case in PvP. Not sure in PvE. It is also very strange considering that there is a sec difference in CD.

2) I have seen another post regarding PvP stats and I wont go for full alacrity build. If I chose to max out critic, at what point should I stop and use some alacrity instead?

Appreciate the help!

1) My guide is strictly for PvE but it's the same in PvE, you'll save Devastating Blast for Ferocity.

2) It honestly depends on what you're doing. Gearing for Solo Ranked is different from Solo Unranked which is different from Group Ranked.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Hayete,

i had a look at parsley and the marauders there, all top parses have another rotation like you and do much more dmg like your rotation do. Can you have a look and update your Guide? ^^

I have read this logs now severel hours and the only thing i can see they are using Lance (dont know the imperial Skill name the new skill) as fast as possible even if its before the precision window.

Maybe you can find the trick would be nice!

If you asking yourself why didnt he tried to find it himself,

Sentinel isnt my main and i really dont have more time than i spent till now so maybe any other can get it =)

Hey Hayete,

i had a look at parsley and the marauders there, all top parses have another rotation like you and do much more dmg like your rotation do. Can you have a look and update your Guide? ^^

I have read this logs now severel hours and the only thing i can see they are using Lance (dont know the imperial Skill name the new skill) as fast as possible even if its before the precision window.

Maybe you can find the trick would be nice!

If you asking yourself why didnt he tried to find it himself,

Sentinel isnt my main and i really dont have more time than i spent till now so maybe any other can get it =)

That rotation is fundamentally the same, but with the opener you use gore in the second ferocity window instead of massacre. From there you're pretty much keeping gore in the non-berserked window. Then execute is handled a little differently as well.

Edited by WiththeForc

That rotation is fundamentally the same, but with the opener you use gore in the second ferocity window instead of massacre. From there you're pretty much keeping gore in the non-berserked window. Then execute is handled a little differently as well.

Glad we agree Beast. Rambovi left a comment about this on my guide and I essentially said the same thing. More or less moved Gore to the second window and followed the Carnage priority list, that and it seems they're using Force Camo utility buff along with Ferocity.

@Rambovi: My apologies for missing the post here mate. SWTOR no longer sends me emails when a response is left on a thread i'm following for whatever reason.

If you're talking about my rotation (Radley-walters), the main difference is that it's 1-2 GCDs shorter, not that I split Gore and Ravage. And as far as the force camo utility goes, it's pretty much a non-factor for the dummy or any fight. It adds about 20 dps (5k damage) on a 2.5m dummy, which is usually less than the dummy overkill.

If you're talking about my rotation (Radley-walters), the main difference is that it's 1-2 GCDs shorter, not that I split Gore and Ravage. And as far as the force camo utility goes, it's pretty much a non-factor for the dummy or any fight. It adds about 20 dps (5k damage) on a 2.5m dummy, which is usually less than the dummy overkill.

Check your PM mate

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys I wanted to let you all know I've updated the guides with a second rotation so get in there and enjoy :D

To switch gears a bit, sadly, this will be my last active revision. Due to decisions made by the developers moving into 5.0 and the affect those decisions have had on the raiding community since then I've decided to cancel my subscription until such a time exists that the raiding community is there again and able to do more than Story Mode Operations and Uprisings (at least on my server). It's sad and was a tough decision to make, I've been an active subscriber and part of this community since 2011.

So, as you may or may not know if you're not a subscriber you cannot post to the forums. On that if anyone feels the need to get a hold of me do jump over to my website (http://www.Hayete.net) you can contact me there at anytime. Over the years I've enjoyed the community and the hundreds of players I've had the pleasure to meet and help coach on various aspects of this game and the Sentinel/Marauder class. Good luck to you all and May the Force Be With You!

Edited by Bahadori

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys I wanted to let you all know I've updated the guides with a second rotation so get in there and enjoy :D

To switch gears a bit, sadly, this will be my last active revision. Due to decisions made by the developers moving into 5.0 and the affect those decisions have had on the raiding community since then I've decided to cancel my subscription until such a time exists that the raiding community is there again and able to do more than Story Mode Operations and Uprisings (at least on my server). It's sad and was a tough decision to make, I've been an active subscriber and part of this community since 2011.

So, as you may or may not know if you're not a subscriber you cannot post to the forums. On that if anyone feels the need to get a hold of me do jump over to my website (http://www.Hayete.net) you can contact me there at anytime. Over the years I've enjoyed the community and the hundreds of players I've had the pleasure to meet and help coach on various aspects of this game and the Sentinel/Marauder class. Good luck to you all and May the Force Be With You!

dont leave the game mate! Come to TRE forget about lag and ping hayete.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...