Females never given flirt options?

PhoenixDream

If I am understanding op and others correctly, it is npc flirting, not companion romance that is unbalanced. And it is. My husband has had many more flirt and sexy time options on his male characters than i have on my female toons. Also, where are the slave BOY costumes? It seems that while Bioware is ahead of the game in realizing that girls game, too, there is still room for improvement.

That said, I love the game and realize that we are in the baby steps stage yet and am waiting to see what new things are around the bend. Hopefully Corso in a banana-hammock! ;)

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my IA female already got laid, and for some reason she got lightside points for giving the guy some. It would have given me darkside points if I said no :/

Would probably be nice if Jedi options were like that.

And the Jedi get DS points for getting some.... man, where is the justice???

Seems to be a republican problem lol. I play a female pureblood Sith Sorcerer and had tons of flirts already. It actually got to my nerves, how many Flirt options I had with that pirate guy from Tatooine, doesnt feel like being evil you know. 2 Quests ago on Hoth I got another flirt option with that ugly archaeologist guy. But if the republic females lack flirt options it should be easy to fix that.

My characters's personality sucks. Story is great. The game is pretty great in every other way. But this is ridiculous. To learn that the men are playing a better game than me is beyond upsetting.

Please dont turn this into a man vs woman thread, its not that MEN enjoy the game more its MALE characters and many men (like myself) play female characters.

Seems to be a republican problem lol. I play a female pureblood Sith Sorcerer and had tons of flirts already. It actually got to my nerves, how many Flirt options I had with that pirate guy from Tatooine, doesnt feel like being evil you know. 2 Quests ago on Hoth I got another flirt option with that ugly archaeologist guy. But if the republic females lack flirt options it should be easy to fix that.

You're talking about flirting with your romance companion - that isn't the issue. I guess I see now where all these "tons of flirts" are that some people seem to be getting, lol.

Btw you only get one flirt with Talos, but you can give him courting gifts! I love being his *** hag, especially since I didn't go for Andy. :)

Yeah, Andronikos ain't blowing up my skirt. I have difficulties with pondering sexy times with a dude that every time he speaks, I hear a foul-mouthed, drunken dwarf with no pants.....:p

And the idea of a creepy bug dude longing for the hive? Not so much...

Oh, and Jorgan is so unappealing they put more clothes under his clothes! What's up with that?

My characters's personality sucks. Story is great. The game is pretty great in every other way. But this is ridiculous. To learn that the men are playing a better game than me is beyond upsetting.

My toon is a purist oblivious frigid holier than thou boring toon. I wouldn't have minded it so much since I do like to just play the game.

But when I learned that the male toons of the same class were not so boring I was pretty pissed. Still am truth be told.

I have been very upset by this as well. My boyfriend got me into the game and I've watched him play a few times and he always gets to flirt, even as a Jedi! I mean, come ON! Both of our main characters are Sith Inquisitors. He's already gotten laid and I haven't even had the chance to flirt with ONE person. In all fairness though, Ondrima is completely darkside [for good reason >;D] and they are probably afraid of her, as they should be, but I imagine she'd be the type to eat men for breakfast. She IS a Twi'lek and, in my boyfriend's words, they are basically the sex symbol of the Star Wars universe! So, I like to imagine she's a closet freak ;P I also would like for her to be bisexual because I think it suits her, but that's not available either!

I actually stopped playing my main and made a male Sith Warrior and guess what? The FIRST woman I talk to I get to flirt with! I was so pissed. So I've been playing him until update 1.2 comes out. Now I'm trying out a female Imperial Agent because I've heard they are one of the few women who can flirt.

I have been very upset by this as well. My boyfriend got me into the game and I've watched him play a few times and he always gets to flirt, even as a Jedi! I mean, come ON! Both of our main characters are Sith Inquisitors. He's already gotten laid and I haven't even had the chance to flirt with ONE person. In all fairness though, Ondrima is completely darkside [for good reason >;D] and they are probably afraid of her, as they should be, but I imagine she'd be the type to eat men for breakfast. She IS a Twi'lek and, in my boyfriend's words, they are basically the sex symbol of the Star Wars universe! So, I like to imagine she's a closet freak ;P I also would like for her to be bisexual because I think it suits her, but that's not available either!

I actually stopped playing my main and made a male Sith Warrior and guess what? The FIRST woman I talk to I get to flirt with! I was so pissed. So I've been playing him until update 1.2 comes out. Now I'm trying out a female Imperial Agent because I've heard they are one of the few women who can flirt.

Well the sith warrior male seems to flirt with anybody. Even more so then the males of other classes.

I always expected the Imperial Agents to be flirty (with all the James Bond hints etc), but as far as I can tell for female Imperial Agents, nothing much. I got up to 30-something level with a female IA and I can recall like two cases when some flirting happened, and that was related to the main story quest. (If I don't count the romanceable companion.)

Not that my character is designed to be a flirty one, in fact, rather the opposite, but still - I thought there would be chances to flirt with almost any random person (especially other agents).

I've notice that trueblooded Imperial agents such as Watcher 2 will not sleep with you if you are an alien....the whole xenophobic upbringing. She had no problem with my male cyborg agent.

On Taris Gov.Sareesh is ever busy to even take time off for some nooky for all males classes. Smuggler's can have fun with Beryl if they cover for her with a lightside option, so I let my darkside Smuggler have some fun.

My female darkside trooper courted Aric Jordan to marriage,,and lets remember that most cats even Cathar are probably barbed. She can take the pain, just a horror to look at her face...since i went with the slashed mark across her mouth.

Females should have more options for partners. Like female shepard hooking up with any of the females on Normandy.

Well the sith warrior male seems to flirt with anybody. Even more so then the males of other classes.

Well then I guess I made a good choice :p

Not gonna lie. I'm holding out for the option to have my female Twi'lekk Sith Warrior flirt with Vette.

Hahaha I actually wanted to do that too x] Looks like we'll be waiting a while though.

My female guildies and I have discovered that playing a female Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, and Trooper toons have basically ZERO flirt options throught the entire game play.

(The only exception is when we meet our courting companion and we flirt about three times and then it is over for the durration of the game.)

Originally we suspected it was simply because of the class we were playing until we learned that our male guildies--who play characters of the same class--have several flirt options all throughout the game. It is not specific to class, it is specific to female characters alone.

We feel this is quite sexist and are very dissapointed that the males of the same class toon have more flirt options.

We ask that you re-think future writings on how the genders are played, and please do not make the females so entirely boring and frigid. Let us have a little more personality.

Thank you.

I play a level 50 female Sith Warrior, and I only got the option to flirt with five NPCs in the whole game. I play along-side my Sith Inquisitor RL Dear Hubby. By level 30 or so, he'd already had TWO one night stands! My very first flirt option was with Quinn, and I ended up having to work really hard on that relationship to get my "fade to black" moment. Now I am married to him. I think. How can I tell really, when he doesn't talk to me anymore?

Is it a double standard, or just something the probably mostly male developers at BW didn't think about?

I don't get a lot of snarky responses either. DH's SI says all kinds of "off-color" comments, but I just get to threaten that "there won't be a heart left beating". /sigh

I don't think I've had a single flirt. My husband just rolled a JK and was able to have sex with someone on Tython during the starting quests.

What!!? After the starting quest where you are forced (no pun intended) to spy on two padawans who their masters believe they are in a relationship? Talk about hypocrite.

I didn't think Tython would have such a thing given that it is a starting area. Go figure.

Flirting with Quinn doesn't count, he's the bone Bioware threw players who prefer the company of males. :p This thread is to discuss a lack of NPC flirt options who are *not* designated romance companions.

I guess I shouldn't be complaining so much...at least female gamers who prefer males have SOME options. Sucks to be you if you prefer a same sex relationship.

Game designing still appears to be a male dominated field. Clearly, the males who wrote the interactions between female player characters and male NPCs played the scene out in their heads as their sisters or mothers, because we certainly do have some sort of asexual/nun thing going most of the time. :D

Game designing still appears to be a male dominated field. Clearly, the males who wrote the interactions between female player characters and male NPCs played the scene out in their heads as their sisters or mothers, because we certainly do have some sort of asexual/nun thing going most of the time. :D

But ... nuns with guns! (or dayglo nerfbats if that is your preference)

Also .. that nun thing explains the consular outfits.

My female guildies and I have discovered that playing a female Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, and Trooper toons have basically ZERO flirt options throught the entire game play.

(The only exception is when we meet our courting companion and we flirt about three times and then it is over for the durration of the game.)

Originally we suspected it was simply because of the class we were playing until we learned that our male guildies--who play characters of the same class--have several flirt options all throughout the game. It is not specific to class, it is specific to female characters alone.

We feel this is quite sexist and are very dissapointed that the males of the same class toon have more flirt options.

We ask that you re-think future writings on how the genders are played, and please do not make the females so entirely boring and frigid. Let us have a little more personality.

Thank you.

My female Sith pureblood Warrior has flirted many times. I've reached the point of kissing Quinn, but now that Pierce is onboard I've been getting flirt dialog with him.

My Female Twi'Lek Sith Inquisitor had a hit it and quit it moment with another Sith on Alderaan that had numerous flirt dialog options prior to the woohoo. Then after, I told him to get lost.

my male agent operative has flirt in about 50% of all convos it seems while my female sniper has almost never had any flirt option, so my new alt smuggler will be male, cant have a smuggler who almost doesnt flirt hehe

my female sniper had relations with like 2-3 guys through Nar Shaddaa.... including some fat guy in exchange for information.... Kaliyo was impressed

what a little **** she was...