ETA on fixing class bugs?

Aunara

With nearly half of the class story lines broken with the recent patch, when can we expect a patch Bioware? Why hasn't there been a hotfix to restore game play to your customers?

Class Missions

Bounty Hunter: Number One With A Bullet: The loading screen text does not update as intended. This does not affect the character's game progress, and the mission's completion is valid.

Imperial Agent: Hostile Takeover: When using the "Droid Disguise" to infiltrate the VerveGen Corporation, characters will become completely invisible.

Jedi Consular: Crisis Situation: This mission does not complete as intended and remains in the Mission Log after completing the final step to speak to Lord Teral. The next mission ("The Summit") will be granted, and players are able continue with Class story progression.

Jedi Consular: Deep Cradle, Dark Heart: The mission is unable to be completed due to being unable to enter the phase on the step "Enter the Dark Heart".

Sith Inquisitor: At the Foot of the Colossus: The mission does not update as intended when the door is opened on the step "Open the Reliquary Door" and is unable to be completed.

Sith Inquisitor: Conflagration: The conversation with Darth Thanton does not begin as intended and cannot be triggered, thus preventing the mission's completion.

Trooper: Objective A-77: The mission does not progress as intended once all enemies are defeated on the step "Capture the Command Center" and cannot be completed.

Trooper: Operation Talon: During the step "Locate the Heads of State," players will see the error "You are not eligible for the conversation" and be unable to complete the mission.

Trooper: The Ambush: This mission does not complete as intended and remains in the Mission Log after completing the final step to speak to Mirru. The next mission ("Mannet Point") will be granted, and players are able continue with Class story progression.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
Fixing these recently-introduced class mission issues is a very high priority for us. We are actively working on fixes for them and will deploy them as soon as we're able. We'll have more information about the fixes as we prepare them and will let you know when more info is available. Edited by AllisonBerryman

Can you at least give us some numbers? Like "we are talking about hours/days/week". Realy frustrating is lack of any solid feedback about problem not those bugs. When my train get delayed i get free cup of hot tea, it's nothing but at least I know there is someone who pay attetion and I'm not being kept in the dark only with response like "we are working on it"

I thought those are some basis about PR and damage control in situations like this.

Fixing these recently-introduced class mission issues is a very high priority for us. We are actively working on fixes for them and will deploy them as soon as we're able. We'll have more information about the fixes as we prepare them and will let you know when more info is available.

I find it hard to believe this above statement. My Mercenary has been bugged since he hit 50 the first or second month of launch. The log in screen still says he needs to complete his class quest even though he has. I submitted a bug about this a LONG LONG time ago and was basically told to wait for it to be fixed. 9+ months later and it still isnt.. Dont say it's a "high" priority when obviously it's not.

Fixing these recently-introduced class mission issues is a very high priority for us. We are actively working on fixes for them and will deploy them as soon as we're able. We'll have more information about the fixes as we prepare them and will let you know when more info is available.

Yes I agree with the other posters. I played LOTRO for 4 years and if this happened there, they would have done either a Hot Fix right a way or they may even had re=started the servers when It started to happen. They did not leave everyone unable to advance their characture for what no doubt will be weeks. :mad:

Considering how severe these issues are, is there any chance those of us affected by them will be compensated at all? (A free week of playtime, Cartel Coins, something?)

You do realize that they will prolly not give anything in compensation for the fact that the service wasn't interupted. You could still play the game (make an alt) so you were given the service you payed for: "Access to the Game".

Would I be angry if I really wanted to work on one of the effected classes. Darn right. But, I wouldn't expect anything because I wouldn't have any legal leg to stand on.

Now would it be good PR for BW to offer something you suggested? Of course. Let's hope they do something as a sign of good faith given that their PR really seems to be tanking at this time.

Edited by Urael

/sigh Just got stopped dead due to the Conflagration bug. OMW to my 6th 50. Other two alts are out of "rested" so they are chilling on their respective ships.

So far I have been stuck, waiting for a patch to come soon, on Trooper, Consular, Bounty Hunter and now Inquisitor.

You know, I'm really trying to keep my chin up about this game. Constantly defending it to my gamer pals. It's getting harder and harder...

I mean I'm the guy this game is built for. Primarily solo player who is an Altaholic. When I can't progress I start looking at other games.

/In before "So go run a HMFP or WZ." (I do those things on my main but enjoy the "Story" aspect of this game the most) Isn't "Story" what they were emphasizing???

I just want to assure everyone that these fixes are a top priority. It will likely be only a matter of days before they are deployed, but we don't have an exact estimate right now, and we'll keep you updated. We apologize for any inconvenience these issues have caused.

I thank you for posting (twice no less!) but it has already been 'days' since these issues were introduced. Now Bioware is telling many of their customers they have to wait until at least next Tuesday before they can continue their class stories? I'm sorry, but that is not acceptable. Please take that message back to the Devs.

Is it going to be an emergency patch deployed as soon as the fixes are made or are you going to wait until normal update time? I'm a little wary on playing now because I don't want to run across one of these bugs, so now I'm losing game time. :(

My trooper is stuck on A-77, when is this fix going to get done? I find it hard to believe that this is a top priority at Bioware since it is still broke. What's it going to take for to realize how serious this is. I've seen far worst MMO jump on bugs like this the instant they pop up.

My Bounty Hunter which I levelled to 50 months ago STILL has the incorrect loading screen when logging into the character...I believe it should say "Interlude" but mine still has the "Chapter 3 Public Enemy" screen.

I have put in numerous tickets just to be told it will be fixed in an "upcoming patch"....the game will be shut down before they fix it I think.

I thank you for posting (twice no less!) but it has already been 'days' since these issues were introduced. Now Bioware is telling many of their customers they have to wait until at least next Tuesday before they can continue their class stories? I'm sorry, but that is not acceptable. Please take that message back to the Devs.

I fully agree, when you are on Dromund Kaas, at level 12 I can not leave the planet until this is fixed. SO this is a BIG problem......................:mad::mad:

Edited by cynwyna

I just want to assure everyone that these fixes are a top priority. It will likely be only a matter of days before they are deployed, but we don't have an exact estimate right now, and we'll keep you updated. We apologize for any inconvenience these issues have caused.

Does the team have any idea what may have caused these bugs? I'm a bit concerned when roughly half of the classes have had near/or game breaking bugs around the same time; I'm also quite interested in how this might have occurred.

I've reached the Operation Talon bug on my Trooper and am close to reaching the affected areas on all of my Sith classes. Currently I can only progress with my Jedi Consular, and I'm unsure how close I am to reaching a point where I can no longer continue. I understand that you all are working very hard to fix this, but I am somewhat frustrated that I may be unable to continue playing the game as designed for an unknown period of time. Any updates are appreciated and I wish you the best of luck on fixing these issues.

Edited by Alpharaider

Some bugs are easy to find and fix, some bugs aren't easy to find and fix, and some bugs are easy to find yet still can be quite difficult to fix. This all takes time and patients on everyone's part.

Debugging software isn't something that can be done by snapping ones fingers or flipping a switch. The bug could exist anywhere amount the millions of lines of code.

I'm a Sith Inquisitor coming up towards the end of Taris. Can anyone, without spoiling anything, let me know if I am close to being at one of the ruined missions?

No, you still have Quesh and Hoth to go before you run into any known major bugs.

While I usually respect BW in their efforts, this is not the first time this has happened. My Jedi Consular got two class story bugs; the first one had a workaround but the second was a game-stopper. They took a while to be fixed, during which time I couldn't do much with that character.

Now my Imperial Agent has the invisibility bug; and although it may not stop progression dead in it's tracks, it is still quite an inconvenience.

Being invisible is fun, I suppose.

No, you still have Quesh and Hoth to go before you run into any known major bugs.

While I usually respect BW in their efforts, this is not the first time this has happened. My Jedi Consular got two class story bugs; the first one had a workaround but the second was a game-stopper. They took a while to be fixed, during which time I couldn't do much with that character.

Now my Imperial Agent has the invisibility bug; and although it may not stop progression dead in it's tracks, it is still quite an inconvenience.

I just don't see how they think they have the luxury to let these bugs just sit for days anymore.

The Emperor is on his way, and he is very displeased.

They need to have 24/7 support from their development team after the release of a patch. Either that, or they could...I don't know...maybe TEST the patches before releasing their broken crap on us.

This is real life. This is an MMORPG. This requires scheduling around real life activities to make time to play the game. When you're working on finishing Voss with your friend, you make arrangements to play this weekend, then they break the class quest...

It's not like you can just "do something else" in the game. You and your friend have made these characters specifically to play with each other. You don't have any open slots to make new characters, nor do you have any desire to do so. Even if you did, you might want to play a Sith Inquisitor, who won't be able to get off the starter planet.

This issue should have been hotfixed THE DAY IT WAS DISCOVERED.

Thanks for letting me know, it's a little late to start playing today now, but I guess I can squeeze in a little time again starting tomorrow. I feel bad for everyone this is effecting negatively, these kind of bugs should really be fixed more quickly than they have been in this case.

Yes I agree with the other posters. I played LOTRO for 4 years and if this happened there, they would have done either a Hot Fix right a way or they may even had re=started the servers when It started to happen. They did not leave everyone unable to advance their characture for what no doubt will be weeks. :mad:

You can't hotfix something if you haven't actually come up with a solution yet, and as for Lotro, go ask the longtime Burgs about how fast Turbine is with getting class fixes out.

Or better yet, ask me....as a Champ who was 50 when Bk 1 Chp 9 came out (June 2007) I, like all other Champs, had to wait ages for them to get Raging Blades to work properly.

Edited by Nimithril