Hello Anyone Home Hellooooo *Knocks on BioWares Door*

Lord_Karsk

Said it before, Bioware only tells us things that make them look good.

When they ignore us, bad things are happening behind the scenes.

The devs cherry pick what threads they talk about.

There is no REAL communication happening between the devs and the community. It's all scripted PR events.

If you want answers you've come to the wrong game.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're wrong.

They're all too busy playing Diablo 3 and Tera Online to care about SWTOR right now. They'll get back to work when they have had their fill.

I doubt the were able to get past the Error 37 on D3 or that they had the stomach to get past the Starting Area in Tera

I doubt the were able to get past the Error 37 on D3 or that they had the stomach to get past the Starting Area in Tera

Oh jeez. The starting zone in tera.

Kill these tree things! They have a weird energy.

Oh. and go kill that thing that is killing pigs! We don't like things that kill pigs. Now go talk to the quest giver next to me who tells you to kill pigs.

Jesus.

could not stomach that game for more than an hour. Glad I didn't pay for it.

Q & A thread every week. It's stickied.

Thread has failed.

Vauge answers of soon are not answers.

Who will be eligible for transfer and what servers will be eligible to receive these transfers?

Will these transfers be paid or free?

Will there be mergers and how will they take place?

Paying customers deserve to know this vital information, and attempts to label such valid customer inquiries as "fail" seems to be the type of talk that distracts from furthering the discussion.

Shame On You

Edited by AeSaar

BW: "players really sucks. And they totally don't understand our work. Also, the first person to say "WoW" will be punched in the face. WoW does not exist, it's just your imagination"./QUOTE]

Remember Mass Effect 3 ending?

Remember Bioware's artistic visions?

Remember Bioware not giving a **** about what the players like?

Meanwhile in TORtanic.

Yeah they care so little about the players that they are working to add free DLC alternate ending.

SO LITTLE CARING THEY ARE MAKING US FREE NEW ENDINGS.

Jesus.

Get informed.

Also, LOL

Have you played d3?

Have you looked at their forums?

They might have had one of the worst launches ever.

So many threads about wanting a refund. SO MANY.

Lol I actually went to see if this was true and I did see a thread about wanting a refund, along with a thread about what is going to be the end of this game and other why this game will fail threads.

I also saw some why this game is awesome and give blizzard some time threads. Sounds like the SWTOR forums with D3 pasted over the SWTOR.

Vauge answers of soon are not answer.

1Who will be eligible for transfer and what servers will be eligible to receive these transfers?

2Will these transfers be paid or free?

3Will there be mergers and how will they take place?

Paying customers deserve to know this vital information, and attempts to label such valid customer inquiries as "fail" seems to be the type of talk that distracts from furthering the discussion.

Shame On You

1: At first people in low population servers then everyone

2: Free for the first few weeks then when they make it available for everyone, paid.

3: After transfers they will decide.

If you would read more you would know these things.

Oh jeez. The starting zone in tera.

Kill these tree things! They have a weird energy.

Oh. and go kill that thing that is killing pigs! We don't like things that kill pigs. Now go talk to the quest giver next to me who tells you to kill pigs.

Jesus.

could not stomach that game for more than an hour. Glad I didn't pay for it.

I don't kill pigs, I'm Kosher!

Yeah they care so little about the players that they are working to add free DLC alternate ending.

SO LITTLE CARING THEY ARE MAKING US FREE NEW ENDINGS.

Jesus.

Get informed.

Well, thats good at least.

I hope this means they are changing the focus to single player content, that way we actually have stuff that we can do.

did EA already abandon this game? :3

I think Lucas Arts made a huge mistake having Bioware make this game, Bioware had never made a MMO and EA had already shown it's failing with Mythic games and Warhammer. I think Lucas Arts should return any money the got from EA and give this game to say "Trion Worlds" or someone who actually tries to make a good MMO and talks to it's player base.

Oh jeez. The starting zone in TOR.

Kill these ancient droid things! They have a weird energy.

Oh. and go kill that thing that is killing padawans! We don't like things that kill padawans. Now go talk to the quest giver next to me who tells you to kill padawans.

Jesus.

Fixt.

1: At first people in low population servers then everyone

2: Free for the first few weeks then when they make it available for everyone, paid.

3: After transfers they will decide.

If you would read more you would know these things.

Thanks that helps me decide which server I need to re-roll on. You have been a big help.

Generally referring to all low pop servers as both those who will be transferred and those who will receive transfers helps me decide which of those "low pop" server to re-roll on in preparation for the future.

Wait actually....it doesn't...I don't even know If I will be the target of transfers or one of the ones to be be transferred so this doesn't help at all.

Thanks For Nothing Guy.

They should communicate more. Not to give us any information, because tbh when they say early summer then it definitely isn't gonna be before then is it?

For the time being all they could tell us is "working on it". Which would be a pretty pointless response.

The saddest thing about these forums, is that when I'm working and read/post I actually question the future of the game. But when I actually log on to play - I love it. It aint perfect, but it's fun.

As it stands, they cant announce which servers will be getting transfers and to where for the simple reason that:

It's probably a good month away. And a lot can change with server populations in a month. So why say "yep people from X can go to A, B or C" only to find that 1 month later, B is dying and end up being on the list of servers to transfer from.

What they should be telling us is if Rated WZ is coming with 1.3, and whether they plan to release 1.3 with Server Transfers. Most assume so, but nothing has actually confirmed this.

In general, and this is probably true - EA most likely wants to drop it. They've likely made back their money from it and are considering whether it's worth continuing to fund considering the relatively small return their making compared to their initial estimates.

Personally, I still think the game has a ton of potential, and should EA stick with it and continue to fund it - could turn it into a great mmo. But it's EA...

And imo it's their own fault. Not Bioware's, but EA's. Releasing it during holiday time Xmas to pad out their Fall earnings report, when it wasnt ready. Nor should it have been released then - since holidays give a bad indication of how popular the game will be for the rest of the year. That and the whole making more servers problem. That probably would have been avoided entirely if the game was released late Jan or Feb etc.

I think Lucas Arts made a huge mistake having Bioware make this game, Bioware had never made a MMO and EA had already shown it's failing with Mythic games and Warhammer. I think Lucas Arts should return any money the got from EA and give this game to say "Trion Worlds" or someone who actually tries to make a good MMO and talks to it's player base.

I don't blame them for going with Bioware. They had two really succesfull SW games from Bioware. LucasArts probably looked at all the dev teams that have made games for them and saw that Bioware brought in the most money.

They should communicate more. Not to give us any information, because tbh when they say early summer then it definitely isn't gonna be before then is it?

For the time being all they could tell us is "working on it". Which would be a pretty pointless response.

The saddest thing about these forums, is that when I'm working and read/post I actually question the future of the game. But when I actually log on to play - I love it. It aint perfect, but it's fun.

As it stands, they cant announce which servers will be getting transfers and to where for the simple reason that:

It's probably a good month away. And a lot can change with server populations in a month. So why say "yep people from X can go to A, B or C" only to find that 1 month later, B is dying and end up being on the list of servers to transfer from.

What they should be telling us is if Rated WZ is coming with 1.3, and whether they plan to release 1.3 with Server Transfers. Most assume so, but nothing has actually confirmed this.

In general, and this is probably true - EA most likely wants to drop it. They've likely made back their money from it and are considering whether it's worth continuing to fund considering the relatively small return their making compared to their initial estimates.

Personally, I still think the game has a ton of potential, and should EA stick with it and continue to fund it - could turn it into a great mmo. But it's EA...

And imo it's their own fault. Not Bioware's, but EA's. Releasing it during holiday time Xmas to pad out their Fall earnings report, when it wasnt ready. Nor should it have been released then - since holidays give a bad indication of how popular the game will be for the rest of the year. That and the whole making more servers problem. That probably would have been avoided entirely if the game was released late Jan or Feb etc.

Dropping support for the game now, after launching that massive advertizing campaign, would be right in line with the kind of historical disservice EA churns out that helped it beat out BoA for Consumerist.com's Golden Poo 2012 Award.

Hey folks,

I just wanted to clear up some things and let you know that we are listening and that more information regarding Game Update 1.3 will be coming soon. We’re in internal testing on the major features right now, and we’re getting closer every day to deploying Game Update 1.3 to the Public Test Server – but we can’t guarantee there won’t still be hurdles. We’re also working on several new developer blogs about Game Update 1.3 that we know you want to hear more about (including one about character transfer details). We know that you’re looking for specific details, but we want to avoid releasing any information that is incomplete. Rest assured that we are absolutely listening and are working to bring you the information you want.

We appreciate your discussions here on the forums and we’ll try our best to step in wherever we can (and we’re always here reading, gathering your concerns, and passing them on internally), but there will be times when we really can’t say anything. As a result, you’re going to be hearing a lot of “soon” and “we’re working on it” because that’s as specific as we can get right now. When we can get more specific, we will. If we’re quiet, it doesn’t mean we’re not listening and it certainly doesn’t mean we’re not working to bring you more information – our goal is to always bring you accurate information as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience as our developers continue to work diligently on maintaining the quality of Game Update 1.3 and releasing it to you soon.

I don't blame them for going with Bioware. They had two really successful SW games from Bioware. LucasArts probably looked at all the dev teams that have made games for them and saw that Bioware brought in the most money.

Well they couldn't do any worse then SOE in my opinion, so the bar was pretty low

BW are a good company, and despite my annoyance at the lack of communication i dont expect them to constantly tell everyone the same thing, they said early summer and that's fine i guess, it takes time to code a polished feature doesn't it,

My annoyance comes at there is little if anything in between, its like a ghost town on here and if you read the boards only you could be forgiven for thinking that nothing is said, i happen to follow Stephen Reid on Twitter and he tends to be informative, BW do give out info its just very fragmented and all over the place, lots of Interviews on other sites that are not always linked here, honestly i would also expect the Community Relations team, whose job it is to interact with the community to spend a little more time here creating a bit of fun, more consistent Friday features no matter how useless they seem, it all encourages that feel and stops the militant feel that these boards have

Honestly BW have only themselves to blame at this point, but they can rectify the situation fairly easily

Hey folks,

I just wanted to clear up some things and let you know that we are listening and that more information regarding Game Update 1.3 will be coming soon. We’re in internal testing on the major features right now, and we’re getting closer every day to deploying Game Update 1.3 to the Public Test Server – but we can’t guarantee there won’t still be hurdles. We’re also working on several new developer blogs about Game Update 1.3 that we know you want to hear more about (including one about character transfer details). We know that you’re looking for specific details, but we want to avoid releasing any information that is incomplete. Rest assured that we are absolutely listening and are working to bring you the information you want.

We appreciate your discussions here on the forums and we’ll try our best to step in wherever we can (and we’re always here reading, gathering your concerns, and passing them on internally), but there will be times when we really can’t say anything. As a result, you’re going to be hearing a lot of “soon” and “we’re working on it” because that’s as specific as we can get right now. When we can get more specific, we will. If we’re quiet, it doesn’t mean we’re not listening and it certainly doesn’t mean we’re not working to bring you more information – our goal is to always bring you accurate information as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience as our developers continue to work diligently on maintaining the quality of Game Update 1.3 and releasing it to you soon.

AMAGAD THEY LIVE!!!!!

Thank you for the info. Vague, but comunication nontheless.

Period of silence?

There was a Q and A 2 days ago.

You have got to be the most clingy gamer on the face of the planet if you can't go 2 days without hearing from a company.

They have been remarkably silent about the big issues. I know they don't want to keep saying soon or being vague, but they need to do something.

-When is 1.3 hitting the test server? How about an estimate? How about "we are 80% of the way done with it." How about "we are ironing out [issue x] and we all know it needs to be right."

-When are rateds coming? What about 8-man queuing? Will 8-mans be part of 1.3? Will it happen between 1.3 and 1.4? Correct me if I am wrong, but there's been almost no communication on this since they were pulled. I suspect transfers/mergers/x-server needs to happen first, but I wonder: Did low population cause rateds to be pulled, or did the pulling of rateds cause the low population?

-Server transfers/mergers: We know "Early Summer." Admittedly, that's something. But how will they work? Do they know which servers are destinations? Which are being cleared out? What's the holdup? Technical? Marketing (waiting to see the effect of other games after initial release mayhem and effects of college kids going on break)?

Edit: Son of a gun, Dev ninja posted while I was typing. Okay, so some news on 1.3, very nice thank you. The only major feature in 1.3 is the LFG tool as I understand it, however, so it doesn't address the other two issues above. I get that rateds is to LFG the way PVP is to PVE, but we've heard sod all since they were pulled. And the server pop issue is the biggest right now, while all we know is "early summer" and there are so many details they've been mum on.

Edited by LarryRow

The CNN/MSNBC articles.

The general internet gamer reviews that will flat out wonder why a new MMO isn't F2P out the door.

The general community you see on social media that does nothing but demand F2P or bust.

I could go on...

You don't have to go on, but could you provide some links?

Hey folks,

Soons, and we are workings on this are much better then a wall of silence, people understand stuff takes time, but when you see 10 threads all the of the same type of topic with no response you cant blame people for getting a little ansy

Who the hell cares about Game Patch 1.3 when 70% of the EU servers are dead?

Do you comprehend English? THE SERVERS ARE DEAD, NEW GAME CONTENT DOESN'T FIX IT.

Stop telling us "OH WE ARE WORKING ON GAME PATCH 1.3" when there are huge population issues and the only thing we've been told is that "EARLY SUMMER" for "transfers".

Good one, losing your customers is probably the only thing you're good at.

Funny you mention comprehension when the dev mentioned server transfers and more information coming about them... which is, you know, designed to help with the dead server problem. :rolleyes:

Hey folks,

Thank You.

Just knowing that these boards are actually read is a HUGE relief of sorts.

I will be looking for the developer blog specifically to hear about the details involving transfers. It is truly good to know that this information will be released within the developer blogs that are soon to come.

"More information coming"

"Early summer"

Am I supposed to laugh? People will surely unsub before that and Bioware's too stubborn to realise that.

I'm not happy to play with 30 other players (which are in fleet at peak hours) when I'm paying 12 euros a month for an MMORPG <----

No, it's not enough.

Whether or not it's enough is up to you to decide and react to. Bottom line is BW did say something and they said all they were willing to.