Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

I loved playing this game since beta, but I enjoyed nothing more than playing on local servers. To me it felt as though Bioware genuinely cared about my game experience. However at this point I only play warzones. I would love to continue to do so, but I know I will not find it as enjoyable at higher pings

I am sad to say I will be unsubscribing when apac servers shutdown.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved playing this game since beta, but I enjoyed nothing more than playing on local servers. To me it felt as though Bioware genuinely cared about my game experience. However at this point I only play warzones. I would love to continue to do so, but I know I will not find it as enjoyable at higher pings

I am sad to say I will be unsubscribing when apac servers shutdown.

Sorry mate, unless you live in America (only country on the planet) no gaming company gives a **** about you.

Really that is the best idea you can come up with. Aussies new Zealand's and everyone else in the Oceania servers have to suffer because a few people can't do the heroics, flash points when they want to. This is idiotic until the new broadband comes out and gets install everyone on a Australia Internet is going to die in pvp. That is not a solution. Leaving it alone and doing nothing is the solution.

Really? You think population isn't important? What good is it having good ping for pvp when there aren't enough people to pvp with in the first place? If I play for hours in the pvp and group finder queue and don't get a pop - then just how important is ping then? Might as well just go and play a single player game if I spend half the time playing solo anyway due to lack of people.

Damn right I did, you try going from my lag rate on Gav Daragon to the lag rate of Bergen and see how your mood is.

:D

Being from WA I get lag on gav anyway and my lag on the US isn't noticeabley different. Big difference in population though. I have signed the survey but only because I think mergina apac servers would be nice. I don't honestly think it's realistic though. I would rather merge with US servers and deal with a bit of lag than to have the pop times for pvp and group finder that I have currently. Sick of playing what is becoming more and more a single player game.

So basically I think merging with US servers is better than leaving things how they are. I'm looking forward to the move. I may just resub before my sub runs out. I've recently let my subscription lapse because I was sick of the lack of action. This might not be the most ideal solution but it's better than nothing at all and what people are proposing just isn't gonna happen.

Will there be a way for us to transfer our characters on the Gev Daragon server to The Progenator European server? this is where all my other characters are

Im Subscribed

I hope so. They allowed a choice of west coast US servers after enough people asked for it. If enough people also ask for a choice of east coast and EU servers then I really can't see any reason not to allow that.

Update: 851 sigs.

Hi everyone! Information on the server pages has gone out, the schedule for Sunday's event looks like this:

SCHEDULE FOR EVENT

• 5:00PM AEDT - Welcome to APAC

EsKy and Scorpio welcome everyone to Dalborra.

Starting with a no-pants party on the Republic Fleet and then moving to the Imperial Fleet

• 5:10PM AEDT - APAC DISCUSSION

GM's of all the APAC Guilds invited to a Round Table with EsKy and Scorpio to discuss

single APAC Server and merge.

• 5:30PM AEDT - WARZONES!

Pre-50 Warzone Ques on both Imperial and Republic side!

• 6:30PM AEDT - OUTLAWS DEN

Fly yourself or jump in someone else's ship! Lets get all of APAC out to Outlaws Den for:

- Faction Skirmish

- Capture the Flag

- Kill the General

- 1v1 Matches!

• 7:45PM AEDT - BOUNTY HUNT

EsKy is hiding somewhere in the Universe. Scorpio will provide clues through the stream:

The first person to track down EsKy: Wins the Prize!

• 8:00PM AEDT - CANTINA CRAWL

Both Factions as many people as possible going from Planet to Planet, Cantina to Cantina.

Must have at least 2 drinks in each location!

ALL Guild GM's that want to participate in the APAC Discussion: Please send a message to Brusey/Icesis on DALBORRA before 4:00PM SUNDAY 7th APRIL. Include your GUILD Name, Faction, Main Server and number of Guildies.

Hope to see you there!

Still need an update on when we can transfer.

I even poped another 2 months sub fee to keep playing since news of transfer come in.

If this doesn't happen soon than end of the month is Never Winter time plus FFXIV beta just started. There us plenty of competition for my wallet out there.

Being from WA I get lag on gav anyway and my lag on the US isn't noticeabley different. Big difference in population though. I have signed the survey but only because I think mergina apac servers would be nice. I don't honestly think it's realistic though. I would rather merge with US servers and deal with a bit of lag than to have the pop times for pvp and group finder that I have currently. Sick of playing what is becoming more and more a single player game.

So basically I think merging with US servers is better than leaving things how they are. I'm looking forward to the move. I may just resub before my sub runs out. I've recently let my subscription lapse because I was sick of the lack of action. This might not be the most ideal solution but it's better than nothing at all and what people are proposing just isn't gonna happen.

I am from WA as well, country in fact and the lag is 89 v 340plus of course its noticeably different!

Been keeping an eye on Harbinger for Pops and Ping and the more I see the more I want to move now...

Case in point 11:30am Thursday morning AEDT ~ Imp Fleet Dalborra : 40 / Imp Fleet Harbinger : 600...

With ping steady at 170ms I'm really not noticing any difference in play...

Tired of being forced to solo stuff when I want to group cause there isnt the pop to support it ~ merging the Apac servers would not solve this problem.

Been keeping an eye on Harbinger for Pops and Ping and the more I see the more I want to move now...

Case in point 11:30am Thursday morning AEDT ~ Imp Fleet Dalborra : 40 / Imp Fleet Harbinger : 600...

Tired of being forced to solo stuff when I want to group cause there isnt the pop to support it ~ merging the Apac servers would not solve this problem.

Most Australians aren't even home at 11:30am on Thursday.

Most Australians aren't even home at 11:30am on Thursday.

You can grasp at straws all day son..

But when the dust has settled you'll happily find your self on a US server with a healthy population! :rolleyes:

Edited by jackdaley

Have you run any HM FPs on the harbinger? I have over the last few days and the lag is noticeable compared to 30-40ms on Dalborra. As a healer the drops in health seamed a lot more sudden than an Dalborra. More so than I remember from when we were there before APAC servers opened.

You can grasp at straws all day son..

But when the dust has settled you'll happily find your self on a US server with a healthy population! :rolleyes:

He is not grasping at straws, made an accurate statement.

And you are only 1/2 right, when the dust settles some of us will unhappily find ourselves on a US server.

Funnily enough the busiest server they have, also noted from watching the servers for a few days the EU servers hardly come off light,and yet they felt it was prudent to close Dalborra. Lookout EU your next!

/tinfoil hat

He is not grasping at straws, made an accurate statement.

And you are only 1/2 right, when the dust settles some of us will unhappily find ourselves on a US server.

Funnily enough the busiest server they have, also noted from watching the servers for a few days the EU servers hardly come off light,and yet they felt it was prudent to close Dalborra. Lookout EU your next!

/tinfoil hat

Proof/Evidence? or just wild speculation?

Smart money would be on the latter because I do believe you are lying sir. :D

Proof/Evidence? or just wild speculation?

Smart money would be on the latter because I do believe you are lying sir. :D

Stop trolling this thread. You're opinion is well stated already. At this stage, right or wrong, you are now trolling.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

Hi everyone! Information on the server pages has gone out, the schedule for Sunday's event looks like this:

SCHEDULE FOR EVENT

• 5:00PM AEDT - Welcome to APAC

EsKy and Scorpio welcome everyone to Dalborra.

Starting with a no-pants party on the Republic Fleet and then moving to the Imperial Fleet

• 5:10PM AEDT - APAC DISCUSSION

GM's of all the APAC Guilds invited to a Round Table with EsKy and Scorpio to discuss

single APAC Server and merge.

• 5:30PM AEDT - WARZONES!

Pre-50 Warzone Ques on both Imperial and Republic side!

• 6:30PM AEDT - OUTLAWS DEN

Fly yourself or jump in someone else's ship! Lets get all of APAC out to Outlaws Den for:

- Faction Skirmish

- Capture the Flag

- Kill the General

- 1v1 Matches!

• 7:45PM AEDT - BOUNTY HUNT

EsKy is hiding somewhere in the Universe. Scorpio will provide clues through the stream:

The first person to track down EsKy: Wins the Prize!

• 8:00PM AEDT - CANTINA CRAWL

Both Factions as many people as possible going from Planet to Planet, Cantina to Cantina.

Must have at least 2 drinks in each location!

ALL Guild GM's that want to participate in the APAC Discussion: Please send a message to Brusey/Icesis on DALBORRA before 4:00PM SUNDAY 7th APRIL. Include your GUILD Name, Faction, Main Server and number of Guildies.

Hope to see you there!

How am I trolling?

In Internet slang, a troll (****.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted." - Wikipedia

You are making inflammatory posts aimed at soliciting an emotional response. It is no longer a matter of you stating your opinion, that has been done many many times already. Now your posts are aimed at making the APAC feel bad. This is highlighted by your signature. Please find a new bridge, or better yet, develop a higher sense of self and find your kicks somewhere other than trolling people who are already agitated by the proposed merger.

In Internet slang, a troll (****.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted." - Wikipedia

You are making inflammatory posts aimed at soliciting an emotional response. It is no longer a matter of you stating your opinion, that has been done many many times already. Now your posts are aimed at making the APAC feel bad. This is highlighted by your signature. Please find a new bridge, or better yet, develop a higher sense of self and find your kicks somewhere other than trolling people who are already agitated by the proposed merger.

So you went to wikipedia as a reference..

What is this?..I don't even :confused:

Edited by jackdaley

You are making inflammatory posts aimed at soliciting an emotional response.

Irony.

When you call someone else a troll.. you are being ironic, with a side of hypocricy on the side. ;)

This is an old trick used in forums by some to try to stiffle other people from commenting on a topic. Maybe just stick with your opinions on a topic, let others do likewise, and let other readers sort it out and decide for themselves. :)

Ignore him. I skip right passed his posts now because I know he, and a few others, have nothing constructive to say.

I can accept some posters reasoning for liking Bioware's decision but these trolls don't even play on the servers, they are masquerading as APAC players to get a rise out of the community.

I repeat IGNORE THEM and they will disappear.

Edited by PseudoScience

Irony.

When you call someone else a troll.. you are being ironic, with a side of hypocricy on the side. ;)

This is an old trick used in forums by some to try to stiffle other people from commenting on a topic. Maybe just stick with your opinions on a topic, let others do likewise, and let other readers sort it out and decide for themselves. :)

Perhaps you should do the same and ignore posts that are off topic or completely unrelated to you. Your opinions on this matter have also been noted numerous times.