Excluding maps from the PVP rotation?

El_Kabong

Is there a way to exclude certain maps from the PVP rotation? I hate huttball (I'm no good at it) and I really hate the Pylons one (I have no idea what I'm suppose to do) and would much rather just do the defend turrets ones and the blow up doors ones, and I feel bad for bringing the rest of the team down on those other two maps.

Can't you just leave WZ? Too much trouble?

I did that initially. The problem with that, of course, is the long loading times and the frequency the hated maps show up. With my (apparently) slow *** computer I'll spend a couple of minuets each way - so 2 or 3 matches in a row and I've just wasted 10 or 15 minutes.

Killing this problem would open another since teams could optimize themselves for one kind of match.

So you wouldn't have to play hated maps anymore but the difficulty of maps would increase on a huge scale against people who have nothing to do but optimize the one strategy for that map.

Forcing you into the other maps randomizes things a bit. Your team may be murderous in huttball but weak in hHypergates.

slightly off topic, i found otherday i did 20 games back to back and had the following pop:

1 Huttball

9 Voidstar

6 civilwar

2novercoast

2 hypergate.

Only 1 huttball? only 2 hypergate, thats a brand new warzone think that would pop more often.

Hope one day can choose which one pops by majority vote of people signing up.

Edited by mattycutts

slightly off topic, i found otherday i did 20 games back to back and had the following pop:

1 Huttball

9 Voidstar

6 civilwar

2novercoast

2 hypergate.

Only 1 huttball? only 2 hypergate, thats a brand new warzone think that would pop more often.

Huttball all the way. I miss 1.1.x.

Dude, it's rare I actually get a Huttball match (which coincidentally is my favourite WZ). I tend to get NC the most (which also concidentally is my least favourite WZ -_-).

If you don't like Huttball then go roll a Sin/Shadow, Warrior/Knight, Sniper/Gunslinger. Trust me, it is extremely fun with those classes. Unless you're vsing a Premade ofcourse, or have an idiot team who don't know how to pass, then you're screwed and the fun tends to disappear.

AH isn't that hard to understand. After my first couple of matches I knew what was what 'nd such. Not really complicated actually.

Excluding maps will make queues longer for everyone, just learn to play them. I'd love to skip Voidstar but since I look beyond my own nose I wouldn't want a picked queue anyway.

1 Huttball

9 Voidstar

6 civilwar

2novercoast

2 hypergate.

^Because more people than 1 team is currently playing. If the queue was weighted to give you a perfectly balanced rotation, teams would be even more imbalanced.

Is there a way to exclude certain maps from the PVP rotation? I hate huttball (I'm no good at it) and I really hate the Pylons one (I have no idea what I'm suppose to do) and would much rather just do the defend turrets ones and the blow up doors ones, and I feel bad for bringing the rest of the team down on those other two maps.

I throw my buff on anyone who happens to be in Huttball and then I leave and wait for another WZ

I actually dont like Novare. Mostly because pugging it, I feel like it requires more coordination defending nodes. Coordination and awareness most PvPers don't have. I usually do stick it out, if it looks like my teammates are well geared.

Example: You are trying to defend east and west, west being far side. People die, go east...while people at east see help coming, and instantly run west to fight there.

Common sense...not so common.