Force Charge/Leap + Intercede/Guardian Leap in Huttball?

limibeans

Do you guys think this is balanced at all? I mean, im so afraid to go near ledges sometimes because I know the carrier has force jumping abilities. Anytime you're on the higher ground/level in Huttball with a flag carrier below you, you're risking blowing it for the team.

Sad part is I still see people who dont realize that "zerging" without being really careful around the end zone could help the opposition with a 30m + Z-axis instant gain.

Second part of this is that the force leapers are excellent candidates for ball running. Sure, a BH or trooper may do well, but you cant beat a heavy armored force leaper in Huttball.

If you get slowed while carrying the ball, why should you be able to force jump? I think force jumping should be prohibited while carrying the ball. Right now I think scoring is just too easy with good passers and force jumpers, any methods for slowing the carrier down (e.g. different map tiers, fire grates) are completely mitigated by force jumpers.

Right now there is no reason to play defense. Attempting really handicaps a team. You should be prohibited from using force jumping abilities while carrying the ball, and there should be "sprint boots" to help players who may actually want to defend the goal line. Playing defense now means you're basically giving them a 30m freebie to bypass map design and defenders to rush the end zone.

I dont think WZ's should reward the hyper-aggressive types of play as that makes pre-mades even more "skill less" and severely gimps PUG's. When your ideal premade looks like 5 force jumpers and "whatever" you know there's a problem.

Its 100% fine

They charge you.. You hit knockback.. they fly back off Edge.

What about Powertech/vanguard/Shadow/Assasin pulling the ball carrior off the edge into the pit to re run ?

What about Force Speed ?

What about that one tank that has 3 healers on him running it...

If they force leap.. they are outa heal range alot of the time.

With so much CC, knockbacks and other tricks..

Force leap and intercept are at the bottom of the lists for annoyances.

I dont know how many times ive force charged up to a ledge to instantly fly off the other way from my target.

I understand why it might frustrate you that other players on your team don't seem to think and let us SW/JK Force Charge our way to the goal line.

But, that's life. Can't help if some (a lot) of people have no situational battlefield awareness. :p

I will say this, as a Sith Juggernaut, it's rare I score less than twice in Huttball. :D I especially love dropping down into the pit to lure everyone after me, then jumping back up to a ledge where almost no one can follow without taking a 20 second detour. :cool: Or, when some silly Consular/Inquisitor knocks me off the ledge, it's hilarious when the mass of red follows after me, while there's always one slow noob still up there I can charge back up to. :/

Just remember, there are grapple-type abilities. So, for everyone of us JK/SW who seem to be 'abusing' Force Charge/Leap, some competent player on your team could be counteracting it. And, yes, I know how pandering that sounds since competent players on your team wouldn't let SW/JK use Force Charge/Leap to their advantage as often as they do. :p

I love Huttball btw. :D

Edited by revial

Force speed does not defeat the map design. You'll probably only gain 30m with force speed if you run in a straight line. Unlike force jump abilities, you cant defeat the map terrain (low/high ground) or map obstacles (like fire).

Grapple does not help anyone score. It only helps defend and it only works on enemies. Every JK/SW will have two force jump abilities... one that works on friends and one that works on enemies.

A tank with 3 healers on it still has to follow the map design and its obstacles. Those 3 healers would have to have incredibly timed heals to heal the tank through the fire. Terrain hight could block LoS, ect.

@Sanctioned:

This isnt a L2P argument. This is about two abilities that severely defeat the map design. If you notice (and L2P yourself) you'd know that the Huttball map was intentionally designed with certain advantages and disadvantages in mind. These force leap abilities defeat a lot of those designs.

For example, if the Huttball map was completely 1 tiered or flat, force leap abilities wouldnt be much of an issue.

Every JK/SW will have two force jump abilities... one that works on friends and one that works on enemies.

And you'd be wrong. JG/SJ will have the two you mentioned. JS/SM have one leap, with a possible second one (at 10m) if they spec high enough in the focus tree.

I'm not familiar with other classes. But if you are doing with them what you did here, it's hard to take what you're saying with any seriousness.

-Kai-Lunn

This is about two abilities that severely defeat the map design.

Except they don't defeat the map design as the map was designed with these abilities in mind. Force Leap scores happened in beta for months and nothing was changed. Why? Because it's working as intended.

Sorry, but some abilities have situational utility in specific warzones. Huttball is all about creativity. It was never meant to be only a rugby style, group-up-and-run-the-ball-to-the-goal type of game.

The map needs some fixing. Perhaps a bit of spacing. As an inquisitor with my force pull, I can sit on the opposing teams ramps and push them off me over ledges/heal myself while I wait for my team to pick up the ball and run 5 yards closer to me. I can then simply pull my teammate up to the ramp and heal them straight across the line.

I've won 6-0 games like this CONSTANTLY. It's far too easy mode.