350 BH Comms Implant

miglor

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it feel like they are trying to squeeze me for money and stay subbed to this game? The hazmat implants really don't seem worth it. The cathar, new planet, and new companion have been dangled in front of us for half a year now. CS doesn't have any real answers to problems in game. The we will let you know answers from the devs is getting old.

Who do the devs honestly think will purchase them at 350 BH coms.

Secondly does this stink of a new easy way to get Black Hole Coms if you stay subs or pay for it when the game goes free to play? Will there be no limit on group finder dailies (as long as you purchase the option from the cash store) so people that really want to can run 10 daily group finders a day and get the implant in a week?

I can't see why a marginally and in some case worse implant costs 350 coms. Who thought this was a good idea, personally I couldn't care less about the implant could cost a million coms each for the likihood of me ever getting it. But will this be the future of the game. Increasing difficult ops and months of grinding is the route they want to go down?

I just don't understand why people still take this game so seriously, enough to get angry about something like this. When ya gonna get the picture guys?

Because a lot of people still care about this game and want it to be awesome, but get frustrated when illogical decisions (in their point of view) are made.

I have to say I agree that 350 is way too much. I can't see anyone picking these up, 2 of these implants costs a fair bit more than an entire set of bh gear for an alt.

150 each. That would be high but reasonable.

I love this game, but I have some serious concerns about the gear recently.

The price is fine for me, maybe because I come from the EQ hardcore days. This comm/badge system freebie system is a bad idea. I didn't like ZulAman patch back in BC WoW days when they showered noobs with gear they didn't deserve, and Black Hole gear was pretty much that.---> Rolfstomp thorugh daily HM to get the same stats as a dedicated raider.

If you dont have the dedication to get 7 mates to do hard raids you don't even need that gear. What are you going to do with it? Playing blind the HM flashpoints with mobs that die in 2 hits? In a few weeks Ill have my hazmat gear because I want to be in top shape when I'm raiding progression but I know I could tackle that content without it.

Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their opinion about worth/time invested... but for me is a sad thing that in 2 months without raiding you are pretty much bored because you can't get ANY better gear for your avatar. Most people need that carrot to continue playing and developers should hang farther and farther away little expansions of your gear to keep you on some kind of target to achieve. I have tons of friends that only play one character, they dont PVP and they are bored as hell because there is nothing PVE worthy to do, just farm money.

I dont really care if you are decked in epics or not, this game has me hooked with my alters, but I wish I had more things to do with my main. You casual crowd may hate me for saying this, but I miss some faction grinding, hardcore crafting and hard to get drops with my main. Everything comes too easy in this game and these prizes are, from my POV, a step in the right direction.

If it was only 150comms I would have 2 already.

I think you will find that you will get them within a reasonable amount of time.

Stuff shouldnt be handed out too fast. For new 50's they probably wont even bother with the BH ones, so its only a extra week or so to get the dread guard ones.

The price isn't the issue so much as the fact that the new implants aren't much of an upgrade. Single-digit stat bonuses for 10 times the price of BH implants just doesn't make sense. If the Hazmat implants were really an upgrade, I'd save comms for them. But it's just not worth it as is. You are better off tracking down a few stray datacrons.

I agree with all 3 guys above: new item should require work but benefit should be proportional as well, especially when new gear is not actually needed to complete TFB HM.

Instead this marginal gain for main character you could gear up alt via BoL gear for similar price and start doing TFB HMs. That's overly disproportional. Was it the intention behind?

Edited by BogyOne

I think I can sum up this issue very nicely:

When BW prices the implants @ 350 BH comms, people complain it's "too much"

When BW prices implants @ less than 350 BH comms, people complain "I have nothing to spend my comms on"

Just saying. =]

I think I can sum up this issue very nicely:

When BW prices the implants @ 350 BH comms, people complain it's "too much"

When BW prices implants @ less than 350 BH comms, people complain "I have nothing to spend my comms on"

Just saying. =]

You missed a word in "I have nothing to spend my comms on" - USEFUL. As in, "I have nothing USEFUL to spend my comms on." Heck, I'd even take FUN. "I have nothing FUN to spend my comms on." The extremely minor boost to stats on these implants are a joke.

You missed a word in "I have nothing to spend my comms on" - USEFUL. As in, "I have nothing USEFUL to spend my comms on." Heck, I'd even take FUN. "I have nothing FUN to spend my comms on." The extremely minor boost to stats on these implants are a joke.

Minor stat upgrades are still -useful-. I don't think you know what the word useful means.

:rolleyes: Yeah, sure. Let's go with this. I value my time a bit more than that. You don't. Enjoy your overpriced implants.

I get an additional 40 endurance (or 400 health) from switching implants. Yeah, I'll definitely enjoy it.

Now for time?

20 minutes to do the BH weekly.

15-20 minutes to do a daily FP.

I'm not really wasting much time here. ;)

Minor stat upgrades are still -useful-. I don't think you know what the word useful means.

How many of us have multiple fifties? I could literally gear out a fresh fifty in ALL BH gear for the cost of two of these implants. So bring my alt from Rakata to full BH or gain like 0.7hps on my healer. HERP DERP WAT DO?

I guess if you never bothered rolling an alt, or don't want to wait until they release more gear, or are capped (lol like this is even possible) or really value your time that little that you're willing to spend 20 hours were of work on 1/10 the upgrade of just using an exotech stim.

Their itemization is FUBAR and everyone seems to know it but you.

I get an additional 40 endurance (or 400 health) from switching implants. Yeah, I'll definitely enjoy it.

Now for time?

20 minutes to do the BH weekly.

15-20 minutes to do a daily FP.

I'm not really wasting much time here. ;)

Even using the lower end of 15+20 minutes it will take you 37 hours to earn both of them.

But I imagine between waiting in queue, travel times and the fact that it takes FAR longer than 20 minutes to do ALL quests PLUS the group quest on BH (more like 35 minutes just for that) a more realistic expectation for clearing all of BH and queuing up, entering and completing a FP is closer to 1hr .

Which puts you at 63hrs.

Even if you split the time that's an absurd amount of time for such a minuscule upgrade. 400 hp... woah, that's like getting hit 1/10th of one time...

Even using the lower end of 15+20 minutes it will take you 37 hours to earn both of them.

But I imagine between waiting in queue, travel times and the fact that it takes FAR longer than 20 minutes to do ALL quests PLUS the group quest on BH (more like 35 minutes just for that) a more realistic expectation for clearing all of BH and queuing up, entering and completing a FP is closer to 1hr .

Which puts you at 63hrs.

Even if you split the time that's an absurd amount of time for such a minuscule upgrade. 400 hp... woah, that's like getting hit 1/10th of one time...

There's also the BH comms from raids. The number isn't quite that high.

I guess what I'm saying is, philosophically, there is nothing wrong with long-term rewards. Is it a lot of comms? Sure it is. Do we all want the implants quickly? Yes we do. But it's not gonna kill ya if you don't get them within the first couple of weeks. It's something to work towards.

To be honest with you, I'm surprised they even put them on the vendor. I was expecting the only way to get 63s is through the raid -- and later, the GTN or through crafters.

Save the BH comms and gear up an alt.

350 BH comms is no where near worth that cost for no more bonus than you get in comparison to the regular BH comms.

BUT a new ALT that has recently hit 50 and you port over about 3-5 BH gear set armoring, mods and enhancements is a much better way to spend those comms.

Buying the implants...?

Ugh... No no no no

Edited by Quraswren

Save the BH comms and gear up an alt.

350 BH comms is no where near worth that cost for no more bonus than you get in comparison to the regular BH comms.

BUT a new ALT that has recently hit 50 and you port over about 3-5 BH gear set armoring, mods and enhancements is a much better way to spend those comms.

Buying the implants...?

Ugh... No no no no

Agreed. Lets see, for the low, low cost of 350 BH comms, I would get the following improvements from one of these implants (I use the power/alacrity ones on a heal sage that is a mix of BH/Campaign geared), numbers calculated with no buffs:

Bonus Heal +0.27% increase (from 656.1 to 657.9)

Activation speed +0.08% (from 10.17% to 10.25%)

Health +0.30% (from 20220 to 20280)

Woot!!!!! Not. I think that I will pass and use the BH comms for an alt.

If this was something visible that made your character look distinctive in some way (the GW2 approach), then perhaps I could understand it. But for an invisible teensy-weensy stat change? Bioware needs to get a clue on their on their new BH pricing/item stats philosophy.

Edited by Thoffs